What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

MFL Apps for iPhone/Droid (1 Viewer)

Nice to see a developer on here getting feedback directly from FBGers! Nice work Mr. Stewart!Personally I'm an iPhone user, and have not purchased any MFL app for the lack of drop/add/trade f(x). That is a must for me.
thats what I'm waiting for as well

MFL Mobile crashes when I try to submit access my roster to submit my lineup. Guessing it can't handle the custom players on rosters. We use high school and college players on dev rosters.
Happening to me as well. Any chance this will be fixed soon? A good portion of my leagues have college players on the rosters.

Q - is there a way to see live scoring for multiple mfl leagues all on one screen.i.e. all of my matchups/leagues on one page similar to the way the mfl gameday app does on a pc.It looks like I have to keep changing b/w leagues to see my scores.Thx
Not currently, but after seeing this post I've put it on my list to do. Probably won't be there by Thursday but I'll get it together soon.

this post made me think maybe Mike Hall has something up his sleeve coming out. It would kinda make sense with these developers making money off his product that hey then enhanced for phone capability. I don't wanna go down that road in this discussion, I'm thankful the app is there. It just sorta seemed left out on purpose is all.
Not sure who Mike Hall is, but given the context I'm guessing it's someone from MFL. I think MFL is simply more focused on their primary money maker. Sure, some of us are making a few bucks by selling these apps, but truly it's not much and certainly nothing compared to what MFL is pulling in by selling their primary offering. When you consider the hours put into something like my app, I haven't even come close to breaking even when you think about typical hourly rates for the kind of work I do.MFL also is very helpful in supporting their API and those creating solutions from it. If you visit that part of the site, they're very interested in seeing people use their data to provide new solutions. I guess for them its about building more on their brand.

Another request...how about veiwing our player news. That would be cool.
Also on my list. The MFL API has some sort of offering for this but perhaps not as detailed as I'd like. I've been contacting other sources for this to see if anyone wants to work with me on it, but haven't gotten as far as I'd like just yet. It will happen but I think finding the right source is important in making it a useful addition.

Nice to see a developer on here getting feedback directly from FBGers! Nice work Mr. Stewart!Personally I'm an iPhone user, and have not purchased any MFL app for the lack of drop/add/trade f(x). That is a must for me. Live Scoring DETAILS is also a big plus, but could live w/out it for the short term while developers continue to work on it.What I really appreciate from you Chris, is hearing exactly WHY none of the apps have what is an essential function of any FF league, the FA waivers! I can see it's difficult technically, and while I'm not going to be a customer of your app because I live on the other platform, no doubt the API limitations are the holdup across the board. So keep workin on them, and you developer guys will be rewarded!! Keep it up!
Thank you! :confused:

Another request...how about veiwing our player news. That would be cool.
Also on my list. The MFL API has some sort of offering for this but perhaps not as detailed as I'd like. I've been contacting other sources for this to see if anyone wants to work with me on it, but haven't gotten as far as I'd like just yet. It will happen but I think finding the right source is important in making it a useful addition.
use google news RSS or ask Doug Drinen about RSS from FBGs if it can be queried similarlysomething like &playername=Terrell+Owens is usually all it takes

MFL Mobile crashes when I try to submit access my roster to submit my lineup. Guessing it can't handle the custom players on rosters. We use high school and college players on dev rosters.
Happening to me as well. Any chance this will be fixed soon? A good portion of my leagues have college players on the rosters.
why do you need to see them?I'm kinda interested in all how the HS and college stuff works for your league, not being wise.

Hey Chris, you stay here and cater to those at this board and I'd bet you have the best app. Really.

Chris,

I could've missed it, but any chance your app will be available to use with an iPhone?

Last edited by a moderator:
This app freezes on me at the Live Scores, Set Lineup, Overall Standings screen, etc..page.

I can enter my password and then nothing else...happening to anyone else?

Silverbacks said:
This app freezes on me at the Live Scores, Set Lineup, Overall Standings screen, etc..page.I can enter my password and then nothing else...happening to anyone else?
Send me an email (cstewart913@gmail.com) with some info (league URL, and team to start) and I'll work through it with you.

Football Jones said:
Chris,I could've missed it, but any chance your app will be available to use with an iPhone?
No, won't be available on iPhone. I don't have a Mac, or want to buy one just to build my app. :popcorn:

Football Jones said:
Chris,I could've missed it, but any chance your app will be available to use with an iPhone?
No, won't be available on iPhone. I don't have a Mac, or want to buy one just to build my app. :)
I don't have a Mac either, just iTunes. I didn't know you had to have a Mac to write code for the iPhone.Maybe it's time for me to consider an Android phone. :thumbup:

Football Jones said:
No, won't be available on iPhone. I don't have a Mac, or want to buy one just to build my app. :bag:
I don't have a Mac either, just iTunes. I didn't know you had to have a Mac to write code for the iPhone.Maybe it's time for me to consider an Android phone. :bag:
you need a mac to run the iphone SDK

Football Jones said:
No, won't be available on iPhone. I don't have a Mac, or want to buy one just to build my app. :yawn:
I don't have a Mac either, just iTunes. I didn't know you had to have a Mac to write code for the iPhone.Maybe it's time for me to consider an Android phone. :mellow:
you need a mac to run the iphone SDK
thanx...didn't know that

Bri said:
Hey Chris, you stay here and cater to those at this board and I'd bet you have the best app. Really.
I agree, and plan to. :goodposting:
Chris, good looking app so far. Can't wait for some of the requested functionality and understand it's limited now bc of MFL. Agree with others re: need for:1) Seeing rosters2) Making add/drops3) Trade screen4) Loading player newsThe other I'd like to add is under the main screen for Live NFL Scores. Not sure if this will change as the games are actually going on, but pressing on an individual game does nothing. Having that link to the live box score with stats of players would make this an all in 1 app. Another option that is probably well into the future but would be incredibly useful for those of us in multiple leagues would be the ability to find a starting player across many leagues. In other words, you find out that S. Jackson is a game-time decision and at the last moment is not going to play. You enter his name and it pulls up the leagues where you have him in your starting lineup, thus eliminating the chance of starting him without realizing it.

Not being a jerky here but why should I pay 2.99 for an app compared to just browsing the site on my phone?

What makes it better?

Not being a jerky here but why should I pay 2.99 for an app compared to just browsing the site on my phone?What makes it better?
If in multiple leagues, it makes setting lineups and following scores MUCH faster and easier. Once further options added, it will get even better.

Not being a jerky here but why should I pay 2.99 for an app compared to just browsing the site on my phone?What makes it better?
If in multiple leagues, it makes setting lineups and following scores MUCH faster and easier. Once further options added, it will get even better.
Just in one league currently but I can see how that can be a pain.

Just in one league currently but I can see how that can be a pain.
If you're in one league, probably not worth it, tbh. Being in ~10 leagues, it's easily worth it.

I'm obviously quite biased, so I won't offer much of my opinion. :) I'll just say that the biggest appeal for me, and for a lot of people, is the native experience you get through an app versus a mobile-targeted web app. Maybe the app and its current features aren't worth $2.99 to some folks and that's understandable. Having the option is nice however, and I think we can all agree on that.

any word if a Blackberry App is in the works?

the only thing I found on MFL was this note

Did you know that there are MFL apps for the iPhone and Android phones? We'd love to have a Blackberry Developer use our developer's program to create a Blackberry app, too!
I've not started one myself, but would like to. Right now I'm focused on making my offering the best it can be for those who have purchased it and those who will in the future. Maybe once I get to a certain point with the Android app, I'll feel better about beginning work on a different platform.

Just wanted to share with all of you who have bought my app that I'm going to start using Twitter to address support questions more easily. I'll also post updates on app upgrades available and anything else useful to those who have the app. If you want to follow, the account is @mflapp.

FYI to those who have requested it, I just pushed an update that has a few bug fixes but also the "My MFL Scores" screen. This will show you all of your matchups across the leagues you have registered on the app. It's fresh out of the oven so to speak, so it might need some tweaks. Please email me (cstewart913@gmail.com) if you notice any bugs with it.

FYI to those who have requested it, I just pushed an update that has a few bug fixes but also the "My MFL Scores" screen. This will show you all of your matchups across the leagues you have registered on the app. It's fresh out of the oven so to speak, so it might need some tweaks. Please email me (cstewart913@gmail.com) if you notice any bugs with it.
Very nice and yes scores working. Really would love the NFL score to link to live game stats. Is that possible?

Great app, Chris.

A couple of items on my wish list after using it tonight:

- Ability to refresh the live scoring details while on the "My MFL - Matchup" screen, rather than having to back out to the "My MFL - Live Scores" screen to refresh.

- Ability to click on a players name on the "My MFL - Matchup" screen to see the scoring details for that player.

Thanks for listening!

Great app, Chris.A couple of items on my wish list after using it tonight:- Ability to refresh the live scoring details while on the "My MFL - Matchup" screen, rather than having to back out to the "My MFL - Live Scores" screen to refresh.- Ability to click on a players name on the "My MFL - Matchup" screen to see the scoring details for that player.Thanks for listening!
:hifive: :banned: Exact same thing I was thinking as I checked the scores during the holiday dinner tonight. Great work so far.

Very nice and yes scores working. Really would love the NFL score to link to live game stats. Is that possible?
Not through the API, no, but there may be other sources I could tap into for it. It's not super high on the list simply because it's going to require an entirely different API to talk to, but it's on the list.

Great app, Chris.A couple of items on my wish list after using it tonight:- Ability to refresh the live scoring details while on the "My MFL - Matchup" screen, rather than having to back out to the "My MFL - Live Scores" screen to refresh.- Ability to click on a players name on the "My MFL - Matchup" screen to see the scoring details for that player.Thanks for listening!
Thanks. :goodposting:1) Definitely. I'll have that added before Sunday.2) MFL isn't allowed to distribute that level of information to everyone through the API, so that will likely never make it into the app unfortunately. Trust me, I'd like to have that kind of access as much as anyone. Companies like STATS Inc, who people like MFL, CBS, and Yahoo used for their statistics, cost tens of thousands of dollars per season to use and because of that, the level of detail companies like MFL can provide through externally facing APIs is very limited. That's why all I can really display in terms of statistics are the numbers that have gone through the scoring systems put in place by MFL.

Wanted to give a quick update. I mentioned above that I'd have a release out before the games today. I don't think I'm going to do the next release until after week 1, for fear of introducing any new issues on gameday. Sorry for the delay, it along with View Rosters will be available for week 2.

Also, if you notice any issues today, email me at cstewart913@gmail.com. The first test on Thursday went well, so I feel good about today, but it's still all new as this is the first Sunday it will ever have gone through. :lmao:

Wanted to give a quick update. I mentioned above that I'd have a release out before the games today. I don't think I'm going to do the next release until after week 1, for fear of introducing any new issues on gameday. Sorry for the delay, it along with View Rosters will be available for week 2.Also, if you notice any issues today, email me at cstewart913@gmail.com. The first test on Thursday went well, so I feel good about today, but it's still all new as this is the first Sunday it will ever have gone through. :lmao:
:lmao: I was looking out for this. Any chance of releasing it for a very short time and then rolling back? I don't mind testing the beta out.

:hophead: I was looking out for this. Any chance of releasing it for a very short time and then rolling back? I don't mind testing the beta out.
1.12 has been released with this addition. Don't say I've never done anything for you. :lmao:Seriously though, if you wouldn't mind grabbing the update and really going through all of the screens to give it a sanity check, I'd appreciate it.

Been an insanely busy day for me. I've had a few reports today of issues with leagues that didn't have matchups set on the website. Users with those leagues couldn't view the MFL Live Scores, and were obviously upset over that. I just pushed out version 1.13 of the app that hopefully addresses this problem. It's hard for me to test as I don't have a league with this configuration, but I'm thinking this does it.

If anyone here has a league with that kind of configuration, I'd really appreciate it if you could give the latest version a try and tell me how it goes for you.

I woke up this morning and noticed that the app was still saying week 1. I just released an update on the market to fix the calculation problem I had with dates. Please update the app and let me know if the update works for you. I've tested it and it should be good to go.

I woke up this morning and noticed that the app was still saying week 1. I just released an update on the market to fix the calculation problem I had with dates. Please update the app and let me know if the update works for you. I've tested it and it should be good to go.
Works for me. Thanks ChrisAlthought the View Rosters button is not working right now.

Works for me. Thanks ChrisAlthought the View Rosters button is not working right now.
Yeah, I haven't been able to get that implemented just yet. Hope to by Sunday. Mostly depends on the level of support I have to tend to, or any further fixes that need to be turned around in short order. I grossly underestimated the amount of support and TLC something like this would require. It's been a lot of fun because I get a lot of emails, comments, or posts that are full of praise. I've enjoyed the experience. :bag:

Yeah, I haven't been able to get that implemented just yet. Hope to by Sunday. Mostly depends on the level of support I have to tend to, or any further fixes that need to be turned around in short order. I grossly underestimated the amount of support and TLC something like this would require. It's been a lot of fun because I get a lot of emails, comments, or posts that are full of praise. I've enjoyed the experience. :(
:bag:

When I first saw this app and the $2.99 price tag several weeks ago, I didn't bother to try it. But now seeing the developer in here working hard at improving functionality, I gladly made the purchase.

Aside from the feature requests others have already made, I'd like to suggest better landscape support. Also since you can't use the API for scoring details, would it be possible to integrate MFL's 'wireless' pages to display player info? For example, here's Randy Moss http://football.myfantasyleague.com/2010/p...9&PRINTER=1.

Looking forward to future updates :confused:

When I first saw this app and the $2.99 price tag several weeks ago, I didn't bother to try it. But now seeing the developer in here working hard at improving functionality, I gladly made the purchase.
Much appreciated. :)
Aside from the feature requests others have already made, I'd like to suggest better landscape support. Also since you can't use the API for scoring details, would it be possible to integrate MFL's 'wireless' pages to display player info? For example, here's Randy Moss http://football.myfantasyleague.com/2010/p...9&PRINTER=1.

Looking forward to future updates :unsure:
Great idea. I've added this to each of the player detail pages. I'll figure out a way to incorporate them into the live scoring side somehow.

I went ahead and made the buy after seeing this thread as well, like others have said I'd love to see add/drop and trades when it becomes possible but for now its a very good start. It's a lot quicker than trying to check rosters or set lineups using dolphin browser or anything like that.

Users who are viewing this thread