What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

MFL waiver question - seeing exisiting requests (1 Viewer)

belljr

Footballguy
This is our first year switching to MFL. As a commissioner, I think I set up everything correctly to have everything run automated.

I know I can lock myself out of seeing waiver requests, however for the first couple weeks I want to see any pending waiver requests to ensure they processed correctly.

How do I go about seeing any current waiver requests?

Is it just the Process waivers link?

TIA

Last edited by a moderator:
I would suggest you lock yourself out, and ask owners to check the accuracy of their waiver requests after submission. Tell them to conatct you if there are any problems, and if their complaint is valid, you can correct the error.

I am sure you are trustworthy, but the optics of a competitor (even if he is the Commish) looking at your waiver requests are not great

I would suggest you lock yourself out, and ask owners to check the accuracy of their waiver requests after submission. Tell them to conatct you if there are any problems, and if their complaint is valid, you can correct the error.I am sure you are trustworthy, but the optics of a competitor (even if he is the Commish) looking at your waiver requests are not great
This is really a non issue honestly. I understand where you are coming from but it really is. Half the guys in my league still don't understand how waivers work after 18 years :lol:I still get "why did he get 2 players and I got none" questions :) - Plus on CBS I had to process them manually so I saw them anyway - granted after the deadline.

If you don't keep an eye on them they can get screwed up on MFL.You click on the Process Waivers link.
Thanks, I used to do them all manually so switching sites and now trying to learn all the commissioner MFL ways of doing things gets a little confusing from time to time

to answer your question, turn off the Commissioner Lockout option. Its in the Owners Abilities section of the commish setup tab

lol isnt this cheating?
LOL - I guess it could be but honestly waiver request don't influence me. Also CBS I'm not sure that was even an option for a long time. Commish could see waiver requests all the time from what I remember :shrug: SO the only way to process the waivers was to go look at them.I will turn it off once I know it's correct.
to answer your question, turn off the Commissioner Lockout option. Its in the Owners Abilities section of the commish setup tab
I already have that off, I didn't know where to actually see the requested waivers....

lol isnt this cheating?
LOL - I guess it could be but honestly waiver request don't influence me. Also CBS I'm not sure that was even an option for a long time. Commish could see waiver requests all the time from what I remember :shrug: SO the only way to process the waivers was to go look at them.I will turn it off once I know it's correct.
I already have that off, I didn't know where to actually see the requested waivers....
you have to be logged in as commish and just go team by team through their requested add/drops. Still dont see how this doesnt influence but whatevs

lol isnt this cheating?
you have to be logged in as commish and just go team by team through their requested add/drops. Still dont see how this doesnt influence but whatevs
where do you see that?ETA: How do you propose I check they worked if I don't know who put in what? Second question. Does MFL run the waivers right after they close in my calendar?

where do you see that?ETA: How do you propose I check they worked if I don't know who put in what? Second question. Does MFL run the waivers right after they close in my calendar?
Ive been using MFL for years. Never had a complaint that they didnt work :shrug:Second question: Yes

where do you see that?

ETA: How do you propose I check they worked if I don't know who put in what?

Second question. Does MFL run the waivers right after they close in my calendar?
Ive been using MFL for years. Never had a complaint that they didnt work :shrug: Second question: Yes
I'm not saying MFL will mess it up. I'm saying I may have set something up wrong. I think I did it correct but I'm not 100% sure. We do rolling waivers not based on record, then fcfs (with drops eligible for instant pickup) with 2 max a week, and we start off with a custom order.I think I have it set up right but I want to be POSITIVE ;)

If you have the commish lockout off then just go to the Commish menu and choose "Process Waivers". You'll see all the waiver requests round by round and who will get what player if they were processed at that time. Just don't actually click any button to process them, back out. But you'd only need to do this if you are checking in on them for accuracy before the waiver run. If what you are actually wanting to see is why an owner got a player, then you'll actually want to look at the "Previously Processed Waivers" report which will show you (and your owners) exactly why they go and didn't get a player. You do need to make this report visible in the abilities setup.

As for the lockout, in both my main leagues (I'm the commish in one of them) the commish lockout is not on. If you don't trust your commish then you should be in that league. Of course 15 years ago all transactions *and* lineups came to me via phone calls and voice mails during the week and maybe an email or two for the couple owners that actually had a computer. It was really only the past 7 years or so when we had a web site that could do it for us. So the owners all trust me. Heck, they trusted me when I got all the requests before, why would they not now? And it's a pain to turn that thing off and on all the time every time I need to do something as commish. So I leave it off and have had no complaints about it.

If you have the commish lockout off then just go to the Commish menu and choose "Process Waivers". You'll see all the waiver requests round by round and who will get what player if they were processed at that time. Just don't actually click any button to process them, back out. But you'd only need to do this if you are checking in on them for accuracy before the waiver run. If what you are actually wanting to see is why an owner got a player, then you'll actually want to look at the "Previously Processed Waivers" report which will show you (and your owners) exactly why they go and didn't get a player. You do need to make this report visible in the abilities setup.

As for the lockout, in both my main leagues (I'm the commish in one of them) the commish lockout is not on. If you don't trust your commish then you should be in that league. Of course 15 years ago all transactions *and* lineups came to me via phone calls and voice mails during the week and maybe an email or two for the couple owners that actually had a computer. It was really only the past 7 years or so when we had a web site that could do it for us. So the owners all trust me. Heck, they trusted me when I got all the requests before, why would they not now? And it's a pain to turn that thing off and on all the time every time I need to do something as commish. So I leave it off and have had no complaints about it.
LOL its a click of a button. And I NEVER have to log in as commish anymore

That's us and it's the same 12 guys for the last 18 years. Anyway I did not realize the previously run report would give you ALL the requests, I thought it only gave you who got whom :thumbup: So I can go in and check before hand and then make sure the previously run report matches what I came up with.

Thanks.

:thumbup:

and if you are going to process them manually make sure you turn it off that MFL does it automatically otherwise it will be done by the time you check

and if you are going to process them manually make sure you turn it off that MFL does it automatically otherwise it will be done by the time you check
Thanks. I want it automated now that I can do what I want to. The old site now may be able to do it but when we started doing it this way we couldn't. I hated having to manually processing waivers :)

So I can go in and check before hand and then make sure the previously run report matches what I came up with. Thanks. :thumbup:
Here is an example of that report from last season. Maybe a bit hard to read but you'll see all the request with a reason why the team didn't get the player as needed (player not available, outbid if you use blind bidding, illegal roster violation, etc.)
Code:
ROUND	FRANCHISE	PLAYER ADDED	PLAYER DROPPED	ORIGINAL WAIVER REQUEST (REASON NOT PROCESSED)1	Doppelgangers	Skelton, John ARI QB	Cassel, Matt KCC QB	Add Skelton, John ARI QB and drop Cassel, Matt KCC QBSubmitted Tue Nov 15 8:33:35 a.m. ET 20111	Canadian Geese	Smith, Kevin DET RB	Torain, Ryan FA RB	Add Smith, Kevin DET RB and drop Torain, Ryan FA RBAdd McCluster, Dexter KCC RB and drop Torain, Ryan FA RB (Higher priority request fulfilled.)Add Williams, DeAngelo CAR RB and drop Torain, Ryan FA RB (Higher priority request fulfilled.)Submitted Wed Nov 16 8:24:58 a.m. ET 20111	Polish Avengers	Leinart, Matt HOU QB	Avant, Jason PHI WR	Add Leinart, Matt HOU QB and drop Avant, Jason PHI WRSubmitted Tue Nov 15 12:29:32 p.m. ET 20111	Mayhem	Brown, Vincent SDC WR	Clayton, Mark STL WR	Add Brown, Vincent SDC WR and drop Clayton, Mark STL WRSubmitted Wed Nov 16 6:49:59 p.m. ET 20111	Argues Army	Young, Titus DET WR	Thomas, Demaryius DEN WR	Add Brown, Vincent SDC WR and drop Thomas, Demaryius DEN WR (Player to add is no longer available.)Add Young, Titus DET WR and drop Thomas, Demaryius DEN WRAdd Ball, Lance DEN RB and drop Thomas, Demaryius DEN WR (Higher priority request fulfilled.)Add Young, Titus DET WR and drop Simpson, Jerome CIN WR (Higher priority request fulfilled.)Submitted Tue Nov 15 8:00:22 p.m. ET 20112	Canadian Geese	Branch, Deion NEP WR	Heyward-Bey, Darrius OAK WR	Add Branch, Deion NEP WR and drop Heyward-Bey, Darrius OAK WRSubmitted Wed Nov 16 1:03:09 p.m. ET 20112	Argues Army	None	None	Add Brown, Vincent SDC WR and drop Thomas, Demaryius DEN WR (Player to drop is no longer on roster.)Add Young, Titus DET WR and drop Thomas, Demaryius DEN WR (Player to add is already on roster.)Add Ball, Lance DEN RB and drop Thomas, Demaryius DEN WR (Player to drop is no longer on roster.)Add Young, Titus DET WR and drop Simpson, Jerome CIN WR (Player to add is already on roster.)Submitted Tue Nov 15 8:00:28 p.m. ET 2011

Just let them process automatically.. after that all owners can see them ..go to Reports Tab > Franchise > Previously Processed Waivers... there you can see all the waivers, even the ones they put in that they did not win.

so far so good :lol:

Do you guys usually have that report available? I found where to set it was just curious. There was only 2 waiver claims...

ETA: Do you allow waiver requests during sunday or do you black out that time?

sample:

sunday

Wk 2 (14 NFL games)

First Come, First Served Waivers ends at 1:00 p.m.

No Waivers Allowed starts at 1:00 p.m. (X)

monday

Waiver Request starts at 10:30 p.m. (X)

No Waivers Allowed ends at 10:30 p.m.

TIA

I would suggest you lock yourself out, and ask owners to check the accuracy of their waiver requests after submission. Tell them to conatct you if there are any problems, and if their complaint is valid, you can correct the error.I am sure you are trustworthy, but the optics of a competitor (even if he is the Commish) looking at your waiver requests are not great
This is really a non issue honestly. I understand where you are coming from but it really is. Half the guys in my league still don't understand how waivers work after 18 years :lol:I still get "why did he get 2 players and I got none" questions :) - Plus on CBS I had to process them manually so I saw them anyway - granted after the deadline.
I process ours manually. We have a rule that each team may only get one player during blind bidding, so to make sure it's done correctly I manually process them.It doesn't matter if I see them as I look after the cutoff time, and even if you wanted to be dishonest you couldn't.

so far so good :lol:Do you guys usually have that report available? I found where to set it was just curious. There was only 2 waiver claims...ETA: Do you allow waiver requests during sunday or do you black out that time?sample:sunday Wk 2 (14 NFL games) First Come, First Served Waivers ends at 1:00 p.m. No Waivers Allowed starts at 1:00 p.m. (X)mondayWaiver Request starts at 10:30 p.m. (X)No Waivers Allowed ends at 10:30 p.m.TIA
There really is no reason to end FCFS waivers with kickoff on Sunday. Just select the option in the waiver setup where players are locked from FCFS waivers with the start of their game.That way you can pick up or drop a player whose game hasn't started yet. But you can't see a player get injured in a game and go grab his backup immediately, which is why leagues used to lock waivers at the start of games.

'Greg Russell said:
so far so good :lol:Do you guys usually have that report available? I found where to set it was just curious. There was only 2 waiver claims...ETA: Do you allow waiver requests during sunday or do you black out that time?sample:sunday Wk 2 (14 NFL games) First Come, First Served Waivers ends at 1:00 p.m. No Waivers Allowed starts at 1:00 p.m. (X)mondayWaiver Request starts at 10:30 p.m. (X)No Waivers Allowed ends at 10:30 p.m.TIA
There really is no reason to end FCFS waivers with kickoff on Sunday. Just select the option in the waiver setup where players are locked from FCFS waivers with the start of their game.That way you can pick up or drop a player whose game hasn't started yet. But you can't see a player get injured in a game and go grab his backup immediately, which is why leagues used to lock waivers at the start of games.
Thanks, I thought I needed to end it so I could start waiver rounds again.So how would I make the cutoff for fcfs to end and the new waivers to start?

Thanks, I thought I needed to end it so I could start waiver rounds again.So how would I make the cutoff for fcfs to end and the new waivers to start
This is true, you can't run waivers at the same time FCFS is running.Most of my leagues go like this:Waiver requests start Monday at 9pm, end at Wednesday evening say 7pm (this is when they run). Then FCFS starts at 7:15pm Wednesday and ends Monday 8:45 PM (after the MNF kickoff). Have the setting on to lock players from FCFS at the start of your game and as Greg mentions you'll have FCFS run all the way to MNF but only players who haven't played yet can be picked up.

Whatever you decide, make sure that anything that you have looked at is presented to the rest of your league. It would give you a slight advantage knowing what the bidding tendencies are for the other teams. I always make sure that everyone knows what I know.

Have one more question that I hope I cna get answered along with the question in the post above.

MFL support is just not understanding me. I'm trying to set my playoff brackets ahead of time. Just the format. My league playoffs is basically like a Conference setup.

Seeds #1 and #2 bye, #3 vs #6, #4 vs #5

If #6 wins they play #1, else winner of #4 vs #5 plays #1.

I know how to set up the playoffs but is there a way to do it ahead of time so this way works. Support told me to set Winner of game #2 (4vs5) vs seed #1 and winner of game #1 (3vs6) vs seed #2 in the second round.

I tried to tell them that only works if seed 3 wins- if seed 6 wins it's the opposite, and they aren't seeing that OR I'm not explaining it well :)

If I have to reset after week 14 I will but I was trying to get it all done upfront.

Thanks, I thought I needed to end it so I could start waiver rounds again.So how would I make the cutoff for fcfs to end and the new waivers to start
This is true, you can't run waivers at the same time FCFS is running.Most of my leagues go like this:Waiver requests start Monday at 9pm, end at Wednesday evening say 7pm (this is when they run). Then FCFS starts at 7:15pm Wednesday and ends Monday 8:45 PM (after the MNF kickoff). Have the setting on to lock players from FCFS at the start of your game and as Greg mentions you'll have FCFS run all the way to MNF but only players who haven't played yet can be picked up.
That's about what I have, just bigger window. I have the player lock to set - I'll have to email the league although they won't respond. I think we always had the 1 oclock lock for fcfs but this way works. So I have it setup right it looks like, I tested last night I just need to tweak my window.Thanks :thumbup:

Have one more question that I hope I cna get answered along with the question in the post above.MFL support is just not understanding me. I'm trying to set my playoff brackets ahead of time. Just the format. My league playoffs is basically like a Conference setup.Seeds #1 and #2 bye, #3 vs #6, #4 vs #5If #6 wins they play #1, else winner of #4 vs #5 plays #1.I know how to set up the playoffs but is there a way to do it ahead of time so this way works. Support told me to set Winner of game #2 (4vs5) vs seed #1 and winner of game #1 (3vs6) vs seed #2 in the second round.I tried to tell them that only works if seed 3 wins- if seed 6 wins it's the opposite, and they aren't seeing that OR I'm not explaining it well :)If I have to reset after week 14 I will but I was trying to get it all done upfront.
dont think you can

Have one more question that I hope I cna get answered along with the question in the post above.MFL support is just not understanding me. I'm trying to set my playoff brackets ahead of time. Just the format. My league playoffs is basically like a Conference setup.Seeds #1 and #2 bye, #3 vs #6, #4 vs #5If #6 wins they play #1, else winner of #4 vs #5 plays #1.I know how to set up the playoffs but is there a way to do it ahead of time so this way works. Support told me to set Winner of game #2 (4vs5) vs seed #1 and winner of game #1 (3vs6) vs seed #2 in the second round.I tried to tell them that only works if seed 3 wins- if seed 6 wins it's the opposite, and they aren't seeing that OR I'm not explaining it well :)If I have to reset after week 14 I will but I was trying to get it all done upfront.
dont think you can
Correct, you can't. Basically setup your brackets such that you only have to manually change something if there is an upset. I setup my brackets 7 years ago on MFL and haven't touched them since other then when an upset happens (which is maybe once every 2 years).

'Greg Russell said:
Thanks, I thought I needed to end it so I could start waiver rounds again.So how would I make the cutoff for fcfs to end and the new waivers to start?
For my league, we have the following:Blind Bidding Waiver: Starts 8pm Monday, ends 8pm Wednesday.Blind Bidding Waiver: Starts 8:15pm Wednesday, ends Saturday noon.FCFS waivers: Starts Sat 12:15, ends Monday 8pm.So once MNF starts you can start putting in waivers for the coming week. Those process on Wednesday.Then another waiver window starts up and runs Wed night through Saturday.After Saturday, you can get anyone first come first so long as their game has not started, until Monday Night Football starts, after which it does queued up waivers again.That way if you find out both of your starting LBs who play Sunday evening are going to be out, you can still pick up a pair from the Sunday evening or Monday night games.

Thanks guys, coMing from manual processing to automated and mfl has more options then i anticipated.

I have the general idea it is the fine tuned specifics that i didn't think would have so many options.

I just wanted it correct and not screw up the league :)

I put out a vote about keeping the 1pm blackout or switching to what was suggested.

Thanks!

Have the same issue. Set up our playoffs as suggested above, but we re-seed after the first round if the #6 seed upsets #3.Hopefully this can be adjusted manually when the time comes.

I'll have to look. Mine is set up the exact same way and I think I just set up the teams that play each other that week.

'J Giles Band said:
Have the same issue. Set up our playoffs as suggested above, but we re-seed after the first round if the #6 seed upsets #3.Hopefully this can be adjusted manually when the time comes.
As I posted, yes, you can adjust as needed. You can *always* manually adjust things with MFL. It's the huge advantage MFL has.

Ok I think this is set up the way we want it for now. I locked my self out of waiver moves.

2 quick questions.

1) Do you have the previously run waiver report usually available for the league? Or do you keep that "turned off"

2) We allow 2 pickups a week, come playoff time you are allowed 1 per playoffs except for injury.

Is it better to just switch it to manual approval for the playoffs? There is no way to separate that out is there? I know I could alter the calendar but I can't change the limits I don't think

1) Do you have the previously run waiver report usually available for the league? Or do you keep that "turned off"
I see no reason not to make it available for all to see. I honestly don't know why there is an option to turn if off frankly. Maybe some leagues don't want all the bids to be public? Dunno.
2) We allow 2 pickups a week, come playoff time you are allowed 1 per playoffs except for injury.Is it better to just switch it to manual approval for the playoffs? There is no way to separate that out is there? I know I could alter the calendar but I can't change the limits I don't think
You can change your settings anytime. Come playoff time I'd simply change the setting from 2 to 1 per week. If someone needs to make an additional injury you can do it as commish. Or leave it at 2, make sure everyone knows that only 1 is allowed during playoffs and you'll need to police it and reverse any illegal transactions.

I see no reason not to make it available for all to see. I honestly don't know why there is an option to turn if off frankly. Maybe some leagues don't want all the bids to be public? Dunno.
2) We allow 2 pickups a week, come playoff time you are allowed 1 per playoffs except for injury.Is it better to just switch it to manual approval for the playoffs? There is no way to separate that out is there? I know I could alter the calendar but I can't change the limits I don't think
You can change your settings anytime. Come playoff time I'd simply change the setting from 2 to 1 per week. If someone needs to make an additional injury you can do it as commish. Or leave it at 2, make sure everyone knows that only 1 is allowed during playoffs and you'll need to police it and reverse any illegal transactions.
Right, I worded that poorly. I know I can change it anytime, just wasnt' sure if I could set it to week 14-16 1 move, 1-13 2 moves.I had this "fantasy" in my head that once I set the league up the way I wanted I would never have to touch it again :lol:I forget if we do stats through 13 or 16 too. It's 13 for now.... :thumbup:

I leave the previously processed waivers report on. So people can see why they didn't win someone.

Users who are viewing this thread