What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Michael Griffin had... (1 Viewer)

GeauxTigers

Footballguy
What's the deal here? He had 16 solo tackles, 2 assists and 1 fumble recovery in week 2. However, in week 1 he had 2 solo tackles and 2 assists. Can he keep up this production? He is a free agent in my league so I'm gonna try and get him off the waiver wire.

Well TEN didn't have much offense so the D was on the field most of the game. However TEN has moved Griffin to SS and is using Johnson at FS, and has benched babineaux. He is worth a pickup.

Well TEN didn't have much offense so the D was on the field most of the game. However TEN has moved Griffin to SS and is using Johnson at FS, and has benched babineaux. He is worth a pickup.
81 snaps in fact, those kinds of numbers are unheard of. The move to SS helped too but numbers like this are not sustainable. You would still pick up Griffin if he is available because the DB position has always been fantasy friendly and with injuries at LB it means more opps for guys like Griffin

I believe babs will work his way back in to SS rotation, griffen gambles too much and isn't a great tackler. Both of which he got away with more are free safety

With Babineaux back at SS where does this leave Griffin's production. It thought I read Jene mention the Titans play left/right with their safeties. Is this true? Or will Griffin's role be one of outfielder way off the line? I'm trying to gauge where the production will come from most. Thanks in advance!

Griffin will fall into his old inconsistent role. Babs may rotate some with Robert Johnson but Babs will fall into his old role with less production. i highly doubt he leads the team in tackles again as when McCarthy comes back and Ayers improvement with the influx of Zach Brown splitting with Witherspoon at WLB the LB'ers are/will be much much improved or atleast active.

The Titans played both Safeties uber deep to prevent long plays to calvin or titus. i doubt thats the gameplan everyweek.

Am I to assume that its completely safe to go forward with Babineaux as a DB1 at this point? I've dropped Johnson and Griffin and see Babineaux as taking the production that was there from the safeties in weeks 1-3.

Users who are viewing this thread