What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Michael Vick - Dynasty Leaguers (1 Viewer)

Dope

Footballguy
Crazy start for Vick tonight.

Anyway, I was just curious as to when everyone who currently owns Michael Vick picked him up.

I grabbed him on Thursday November 20th, 2008.

Cut Matt Bryant to get him.

Yay patience!

I acquired him in the rookie draft this year, as he had been dropped to waivers.

Virtually anyone that owns him got him cheap, cheap, cheap if they got him early in the year.

When he was released from prison.

I've always believed he's the most talented player in his era. Amazing what happens when talent meets effort.

In my CFL league I have been doing for 14 years he was waived in the off season and during our FA auction I threw out a minimum bid for him "Vick for .10 cents"...crickets.......

Can I say thank you to Rivers for having this week off..what nice timing as I have sat Vick all year until this week, was down huge coming into tonight...ya I won.

In my start up dynasty I drafted Kolb in round 7....Vick went in round 27....when Kolb got hurt I threw out an offer of a 3rd round pick in 2011 plus Kuhn for Vick..he said yes and the rest is history.

I picked him up last year. Held him this off season and tried to trade him before our dynasty rookie draft. No one bit and I released him. :lmao: I thought he could be good but at that point it was looking like Kolb and McNabb and no team in the league wanted him. Had he gone somewhere to start I would have kept him.

1 league with huge rosters off waiver in the Spring of 09.

In a Hyper Active league early this season

Vick, Michael PHI QB;Boldin, Anquan BAL WR

for Jackson, Fred BUF RB;Lynch, Marshawn SEA RB (gave)

I dropped Matt Leinart to pick him up on Sept 15th and then traded him and Percy Harvin for Brady. I still like the deal. I got Harvin in the offseason for the 8th pick in the rookie/FA draft.

In another dynasty, I picked him up also on the 15th and dropped Earl Bennett and have dropped and reaquired Bennett two times since then. haha

I picked him up on Sept 12th in a 10 team re-draft where we get 1 point per 5 rushing yards. He has 65 points for me tonight and brough me back from 50 down. Holla!

I don't own him, but this trade happened right before week 1.

JusT10TymE gave up Williams, Mike SEA WR; Year 2011 Round 2 Draft Pick from Hail to the victors!;Year 2011 Round 4 Draft Pick from JusT10TymE

Wolfpack gave up Vick, Michael PHI QB

At the time, everyone was telling JusT10Tyme that he got ripped off and one owner even asked if we could veto it...

Who's laughing now...

got him in a trade last week. gave AP,wells,and flacco for rice,stewart, and vick. i was down by 60 in one of my leagues with vick and mccoy to go ended up winning by 15.

Waivers in a redraft and during the initial auction in a dynasty 2QB league (for the high price of $0.25) :kicksrock:

After his week 1 relief effort of Kolb, I traded Cadillac Williams for him. At the time, caddy was the clear #1 rb in tampa and Vick was still the "backup" to Kolb. Needless to say, the Vick owner was in desperate need of a RB. Worked out pretty well :kicksrock:

I drafted him in our start-up Dynasty league in 2007 with a 2nd round pick (start 2QB)... he then went to jail for two years, and played back up for a year... Kept him on my roster till the beginning of this year.

Then I traded him and Cassel for McNabb before week 1... :confused:

3 years of patience to do that... ha.

I got "stuck" with him in a dynasty start up auction this year at $10 in a $1000 cap league. I tried my hardest to trade him. If I would have been offered a 2nd he would have been gone in a heartbeat, but the best offer I got was a 3rd. Needless to say I am glad I didn't get offered a 2nd.

Picked him up off waivers week 13 of 2008.........

I will say I did it because I hated him and did not want to see him do well on anyones team :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread