What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Middle Aged Dummies!! Artists #1's have been posted!! (3 Viewers)

I'm still struggling to understand something. Shouldn't we stake our claim on an artist BEFORE we submit rankings of our top 20-31? I'd hate to spend hours and hours ranking my top 31 Boxcar Willie songs AND THEN discover that I've been sniped. Am I misunderstanding the process?
First send your artist - if you think some one else may list them also chose an alternative or two.
You don’t have to rank songs until you know that will be your band.
I think I got it.

Step 1: Choose ONE artist

Step 2: (optional) Go to Step 3 and chose MORE artists. Submit list.

Step 3: Once dibs are established, go back to step 2 and create list of favorite 20-31 songs of dibbed artist. Submit list.

I'm still struggling to understand something. Shouldn't we stake our claim on an artist BEFORE we submit rankings of our top 20-31? I'd hate to spend hours and hours ranking my top 31 Boxcar Willie songs AND THEN discover that I've been sniped. Am I misunderstanding the process?
First send your artist - if you think some one else may list them also chose an alternative or two.
You don’t have to rank songs until you know that will be your band.
I think I got it.
Absolutely, you do.

Interesting. I was hesitant about doing this, but with the 5 week research window I tempted to find an artist I like what little I know, but want a deeper dive on.
That's kind of where I'm at now that I generated a list of over a dozen bands and artists on the first pass.

Also I noticed a few I used to listen to obsessively, but rarely do these days. Might be nice to memorialize one my OG favorites.

Interesting. I was hesitant about doing this, but with the 5 week research window I tempted to find an artist I like what little I know, but want a deeper dive on.
That's kind of where I'm at now that I generated a list of over a dozen bands and artists on the first pass.

Also I noticed a few I used to listen to obsessively, but rarely do these days. Might be nice to memorialize one my OG favorites.
This is the other route that I was thinking too. Bands I loved back in the day and they have a handful of albums I haven't listened to - like some people were saying in a thread they hadn't listened to any post Ok Computer Radiohead.

Have 24 lists in. Many more have said they are coming. This looks like it' going to be very awesome. I haven't made my final decision, but now will wait until all lists are in and won't take anyone's #1.

Uruk-Hai
Just Win Baby
New Binky
ILuv80s
The Dreaded Marco
Don Quixote
worrierking
Higgins
Mrs Rannous
falguy
Dr Octopus
Raging Weasel
Yo Mama
Sullie
rockaction
Ghost Rider
Pip's Invitation
landrys hat
simey
Neal Cassady
Scoresman
JWB
Charlie Steiner
Hov 34

After we have our artists decided and known I propose we all change our avatar to an image of the artist we are ranking (or something related to that artist)
Why? No idea. Just thought it would be fun. 🤷‍♂️
Y'all should hope hard that I change mine.
I'd like to see your top 31 Sha Na Na songs.
A triple-dog dare might get you one.
I don't normally like going straight for the jugular.

Yet you seem to want me to.

I don't see how this could go wrong; I triple-dog dare you.

After we have our artists decided and known I propose we all change our avatar to an image of the artist we are ranking (or something related to that artist)

He who knocks will be let in.

I genuinely like this song: At the Hop (Woodstock 1969). Don't think I have a second song in me.

I genuinely like this song: At the Hop (Woodstock 1969). Don't think I have a second song in me.
Didn't they do like 30 songs in Grease alone?

... lemme ask Marti Marischino (as in cherry)

She'd never have an empty nest with me around.

did you ever buy Marti & Buddy as sisters?

:oldunsure:

did you ever buy Marti & Buddy as sisters?

:oldunsure:
With Burt Campbell as their dad, anything's possible.

Whoops. Hate to do this, but I cannot participate. End of the month is vacation/travel and I don't see myself having the time.
I may be underthinking this.
I sent Getz an artist and assume no one else picked the same artist.
I've got a list and playlist of 31 songs.
Are we going to be revealing them 1 at a time or something?
I'm so confused.

Whoops. Hate to do this, but I cannot participate. End of the month is vacation/travel and I don't see myself having the time.
I'm so confused.
I think Getz is going reveal one playlist per day, for 31 days. Day one playlist is the cumulative list of 31st ranked tunes *, rinse-repeat.

*Rankings don't matter at all, it's all about the playlist. My :2cents:

EDIT: I was stumped yesterday trying to remember @Zegras11 's orginal handle. All I could remember was, it's that Los Angeles Kings dude. ... and he lives in a state named after an iPhone app.

Last edited:
I'm so confused.

Oh wow. I'm also confused now that CIA posted. But I'm out, so I guess it doesn't matter.

Answers the question: What does doo-w0p sound like on speed?

I'm so confused.
The artists will be revealed on Sunday night April 30.

Once your artist is confirmed, you send Getz your list of 20 to 31 songs by that artist, with Youtube or Spotify links. You have until sometime in early June to do this.

On the first day the countdown starts, everyone's #31 songs will be revealed (by Getz) at the same time. On the second day, everyone's #30 songs. And so on until on the 31st day, everyone's #1 songs. If you submit less than 31 songs, your songs won't show up until the day of your lowest-ranked choice (that is, if you ranked 20 songs, your lowest-ranked song will be revealed the day that all the #20 songs are unveiled.)

I'm so confused.

Once your artist is confirmed, you send Getz your list of 20 to 31 songs by that artist, with Youtube or Spotify links. You have until sometime in early June to do this.

On the first day the countdown starts, everyone's #31 songs will be revealed (by Getz) at the same time. On the second day, everyone's #30 songs. And so on until on the 31st day, everyone's #1 songs. If you submit less than 31 songs, your songs won't show up until the day of your lowest-ranked choice (that is, if you ranked 20 songs, your lowest-ranked song will be revealed the day that all the #20 songs are unveiled.)
Thanks

I'll PM him my list now just in case.

I'm so confused.

Oh wow. I'm also confused now that CIA posted. But I'm out, so I guess it doesn't matter.
Rock....can you send me a list of your top 20? Up to 31 songs of your #1 pick? Should not take that long. I'll get all the song links for you.

I'm so confused.

@fbgmodsquad, please pin this.

I've narrowed it to two. Four days left to decide.

EDIT: Comes down to this: Pick a movie, Honeymoon in Vegas, or Clueless?

Last edited:
I'm so confused.

Rock....can you send me a list of your top 20? Up to 31 songs of your #1 pick? Should not take that long. I'll get all the song links for you.
I'll help.

I didn't think anything so simple compared to the usual middle-aged dummy countdowns could become such a confused cluster****, but I underestimated everyone!
Or overestimated. I mean, I'm here - so that automatically drags down the ability level :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread