What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Mike Bell (1 Viewer)

Easy Money

Footballguy
I was at the game saturday night and this guy was awesome. Wondering anyones thoughts on him and if you think he's good insurance for a bush or thomas owner.

My thoughts are he's not very talented. He's a seat-warmer back- good enough to keep the seat warm for whoever the organization brings in to replace him. Bell is talented enough to put up good numbers if everyone ahead of him goes down, but not talented enough to keep the organization from bringing in someone better as soon as possible, and certainly not talented enough to wrest the job away from the guys in front of him.

Personally, I'm adding him to the end of every dynasty roster I have.

Bush is not the picture of health, and now Thomas is injured. If recent history has shown us anything, its that the Saints' RB3 can be fantasy gold down the stretch simply due to injuries.

He's lost nearly 20lbs since he's come over from Denver, and admittedly "let himself go" when Shanny forced him into the role of FB, but now has an entirely fresh perspective.

In redraft, leave him on the wire until either Bush or Thomas gets hurt, but in dynasty, I think he has value as an end-of-roster stash.

I think he could surprise.

Bell has 0 value and is not worth a roster spot. I hear he's a good cell phone salesman

As stated above if Bush and Thomas are unable to play, NO will bring someone else in.

Before I waste a pick on Bell, I go with a RB like Scott at Cinn

Personally, I'm adding him to the end of every dynasty roster I have.Bush is not the picture of health, and now Thomas is injured. If recent history has shown us anything, its that the Saints' RB3 can be fantasy gold down the stretch simply due to injuries.He's lost nearly 20lbs since he's come over from Denver, and admittedly "let himself go" when Shanny forced him into the role of FB, but now has an entirely fresh perspective.In redraft, leave him on the wire until either Bush or Thomas gets hurt, but in dynasty, I think he has value as an end-of-roster stash.I think he could surprise.
This is my stance. Anyone that thinks he has zero value is not paying attention.

Personally, I'm adding him to the end of every dynasty roster I have.Bush is not the picture of health, and now Thomas is injured. If recent history has shown us anything, its that the Saints' RB3 can be fantasy gold down the stretch simply due to injuries.He's lost nearly 20lbs since he's come over from Denver, and admittedly "let himself go" when Shanny forced him into the role of FB, but now has an entirely fresh perspective.In redraft, leave him on the wire until either Bush or Thomas gets hurt, but in dynasty, I think he has value as an end-of-roster stash.I think he could surprise.
very :)
Bell has 0 value and is not worth a roster spot. I hear he's a good cell phone salesmanAs stated above if Bush and Thomas are unable to play, NO will bring someone else in.Before I waste a pick on Bell, I go with a RB like Scott at Cinn
Disagree.BTW, Bernard Scott is obviously ahead of Mike Bell in any league format.

He was the benefactor of the Broncos running game a few years back but he developed some fumblitis and lost his job. If he can hold onto the ball he might have a good game or two.

I didn't think anything of him really, but he looked like he was playing on a different level than the defenders that last preseason game. Although everyone on the Saints offense did.

Bush owns the receptions he will get 5-7 a game and maybe 8-10 carries

Bell - was according to some reports named the teams regular season GL back and power runner - how many carries that means I don't know.

Pierre - injured again and whats left for him if Peyton keeps his word? 12-15 carries and 2-3 receptions while getting pulle din short yardage?

Look Peyton wanted like mad to get a back in the draft but it didn't pan out -- I just don't think Payton has faith in Pierre as the feature guy and wants to mitigate his role as much as he can.

As for Bush value - I don't know maybe a 18th round fyler or cuff if you own Pierre. I think what Bell really does is hurt Pierre more than anything else.

I don't see Pierre and especially Bush both staying healthy for the entire season. That said, when one goes down, Bell's value will be solidified. His moves last game against the starting defense for Houston showed me he may have matured into a legitimate NFL RB.

Bell - was according to some reports named the teams regular season GL back and power runner - how many carries that means I don't know.
:kicksrock: You just don't throw that out there without something to back it up. This one thing that I really hate about these boards. This has NEVER been said anywhere.

Per Rotoworld:

Asked Wednesday if the Saints might employ a three-back committee this season, coach Sean Payton answered, "I think so."With Pierre Thomas nursing a knee injury, No. 3 back Mike Bell made an impression with 100 yards on ten carries in the second exhibition game. The rest of Payton's comments less definitive, however. "That's a position you need to...have depth, because you know you're going to have (injuries)," he said. Having depth is different than a three-headed monster. Bell is going to make the team, but we wouldn't worry about Thomas losing significant carries.

per fanball

Mike Bell, RB, New Orleans Saints Wednesday 8/26, 6:20 PM CTSaints coach Sean Payton said on Wednesday that Mike Bell can expect to see a good number of carries this season, and that he is likely to be their goal-line back, according to Pro Football Talk.Our View: Payton called Bell "an upright runner who stays the course," while also saying, "he's pretty physical when he hits the hole." Whether or not we could be witnessing the second coming of late-career Jerome Bettis won't be clear until the regular season, but what is clear is that you should certainly be keeping an eye on Bell.
can't link it it's a newsbreaker.

It has been insinuated several places.

ProFootballTalk

Sean Payton sez:

Those are some of the things if you are paying attention to practice and watching us, you can see it in the goal line. Those are some of his strengths.
My point exactly! He has not been "named the goal line back" as the poster stated. It's misinformation like this that pisses a lot of people off.
I never said Payton said that only I heard it. Maybe I could have worded it better but youre splitting hairs a little chief.

Dropped Shonn Greene for him tonight. Not seeing why Greene was getting so much talk before the season, as thats obviously a two man rotation of two very talented backs in New York.

In New Orleans -- one guy thats always hurt, one guy that just got hurt, in a very dominant offense. And recent talk of him being a Goal Line guy is enough for me.

I think Pierre will be fine. Bell isn;t anything more than someone to look at DURING the season if one of the backs miss time in the season.

It has been insinuated several places.

ProFootballTalk

Sean Payton sez:

Those are some of the things if you are paying attention to practice and watching us, you can see it in the goal line. Those are some of his strengths.
My point exactly! He has not been "named the goal line back" as the poster stated. It's misinformation like this that pisses a lot of people off.
I never said Payton said that only I heard it. Maybe I could have worded it better but youre splitting hairs a little chief.
How am I splitting hairs? You CLEARLY said that he was "named the goal line back". A little word of advide for future posting. If you don't have all the facts, don't put heresay on the boards.

Users who are viewing this thread