What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Mike Tyson Vs Jake Paul? (1 Viewer)

This whole thing is one big choreographed show. You all know this right?
Actually no, it’s a sanctioned fight.
And? It's a circus
That doesn’t mean it choreographed.

Being a spectacle is mutually exclusive from being a staged/choreogrpahed fight.

Tyson certainly seems to be taking it seriously. If Paul isn’t, he’s gonna get KTFO.
The whole run up is choreographed.

And? It's a circus

Being a spectacle is mutually exclusive from being a staged/choreogrpahed fight.

Tyson certainly seems to be taking it seriously. If Paul isn’t, he’s gonna get KTFO.
I am not sure how closely you follow combat sports but all big money fights (especially in MMA and boxing) used some form of choreograph material to sell the fights to the public. 99% of the "bad blood" wrestling style selling is all just a work.

And? It's a circus

I am not sure how closely you follow combat sports but all big money fights (especially in MMA and boxing) used some form of choreograph material to sell the fights to the public. 99% of the "bad blood" wrestling style selling is all just a work.
I do not follow, but I do get that. This one just seems way more WWE than any other I can remember

The run-up, sure. Maybe.

The fight, no.
Right. They gotta put butts in the seats , the more controversy the more interest , the more money everyone makes . That being said bad blood happens all the time . During the build up fighters and camps say a lot of crazy stuff and people get sick of each other . Tyson has been taking Jake as a kid who doesnt really belong in the same ring as him , even at Tysons current age . The press conference the other day at the Arena the fight is taking place at , Tyson was visibly annoyed with the antics of Paul and the people doubting him at his age . Tyson is still capable , even against a guy half his age . If Tyson was fighting someone like Wilder he would get killed , but hes fighting a guy who hasnt paid his dues , hasnt fought anyone worth talking about. This is the comparison i like to make , put this Paul in with anyone Tyson fought , all the way back to Tysons first fight , and all the guys he beat coming up padding his record and learning his trade. Paul wouldnt beat even 1 of them .Pauls in his prime right? Thats the argument , now take Tyson as he is RIGHT NOW , at 57 , and put him in with everyone Paul has fought .Tyson kills every one of them ,Thats how people need to compare these guys , not by age or size , but by who they are and who they fought. The great trainer Teddy Atlas just said on his podcast that if this is a real sanctioned fight, that Paul may have made a huge mistake , he said Tyson can still punch and if he lands either hand on Pauls chin its over.

The arrogance of Jake Paul to challenge Mike Tyson's manhood and legacy with disrespectful comments is astoundingly reckless. Jake has only pushed the beast mode buttons in Iron Mike, a product of Brownsville, Brooklyn,N.Y. The core of Iron Mike is still very present. On fight day, Jake Paul will come to a reckoning.

The run-up, sure. Maybe.

The fight, no.
Right. They gotta put butts in the seats , the more controversy the more interest , the more money everyone makes . That being said bad blood happens all the time . During the build up fighters and camps say a lot of crazy stuff and people get sick of each other . Tyson has been taking Jake as a kid who doesnt really belong in the same ring as him , even at Tysons current age . The press conference the other day at the Arena the fight is taking place at , Tyson was visibly annoyed with the antics of Paul and the people doubting him at his age . Tyson is still capable , even against a guy half his age . If Tyson was fighting someone like Wilder he would get killed , but hes fighting a guy who hasnt paid his dues , hasnt fought anyone worth talking about. This is the comparison i like to make , put this Paul in with anyone Tyson fought , all the way back to Tysons first fight , and all the guys he beat coming up padding his record and learning his trade. Paul wouldnt beat even 1 of them .Pauls in his prime right? Thats the argument , now take Tyson as he is RIGHT NOW , at 57 , and put him in with everyone Paul has fought .Tyson kills every one of them ,Thats how people need to compare these guys , not by age or size , but by who they are and who they fought. The great trainer Teddy Atlas just said on his podcast that if this is a real sanctioned fight, that Paul may have made a huge mistake , he said Tyson can still punch and if he lands either hand on Pauls chin its over.

The arrogance of Jake Paul to challenge Mike Tyson's manhood and legacy with disrespectful comments is astoundingly reckless. Jake has only pushed the beast mode buttons in Iron Mike, a product of Brownsville, Brooklyn,N.Y. The core of Iron Mike is still very present. On fight day, Jake Paul will come to a reckoning.
That Paul spoke ill of Tyson’s (deceased) daughter seems like something that could be a grave miscalculation.

That was when Tyson went to the boxing commission & asked for the fight to be sanctioned.

The run-up, sure. Maybe.

The fight, no.

That Paul spoke ill of Tyson’s (deceased) daughter seems like something that could be a grave miscalculation.

That was when Tyson went to the boxing commission & asked for the fight to be sanctioned.
oh wow

The run-up, sure. Maybe.

The fight, no.

oh wow
Note: this is what was reported. I did not personally witness the insult, nor have I been able to find what was said.

Then again, I haven’t looked either.

The run-up, sure. Maybe.

The fight, no.

oh wow
Note: this is what was reported. I did not personally witness the insult, nor have I been able to find what was said.

I believe it was debunked , Tyson would have already crushed Pauls face if he said anything about his dead daughter

The run-up, sure. Maybe.

The fight, no.

oh wow

I believe it was debunked , Tyson would have already crushed Pauls face if he said anything about his dead daughter
Just searched it. I don’t see it being debunked. I see a lot of comments about it, including Joe Rogan criticizing Paul for having done it.

The run-up, sure. Maybe.

The fight, no.

oh wow

Just searched it. I don’t see it being debunked. I see a lot of comments about it, including Joe Rogan criticizing Paul for having done it.
Well the reason i said debunked was i cant find any real proof it was said other than internet YouTube videos of people talking about it, in my opinion its just another internet legend started by only god knows who. Tysons never mentioned it, Paul's never mentioned it , just others talking about it . In these instances i just use common sense , and no way would Paul cross that line and no way would Tyson not bring it up , and no way he controls himself if hes even close to Paul. That event in Tysons life almost destroyed him .

Users who are viewing this thread