What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Mike Vrabel traded to the Chiefs (1 Viewer)

Adebisi said:
Carver said:
Adebisi said:
Without making accusations and trying not to offend anyone, I've never seen any "inside" information posted on this board regarding anything having to do with the Patriots that wasn't posted by Mike Reiss first, or couldn't be deduced from reading Reiss's blog and adding a touch of common sense and speculation. However, all opinions are of course always welcome, and again, no disrespect intended here.
This is pretty much all I was getting at with my OG post. Wasn't meant to offend Yudkin, I was just genuinely curious due to some of the same things you are pointing out here.It's all good, not trying to upset the applecart. Just wanted to know what the deal was with "from what im hearing". That (to me) insinuates "inside source". I didn’t expect such an emotional back lash from the “S-Double P”. :shrug:
He has indicated in the past that he has inside sources that he has discussions with, but again, I've never really seen anything materialize that Reiss didn't post to his blog first. I don't know... take it for whatever it's worth, I guess, but if you were that close to the situation, would you be sharing relevant information with someone who posts regularly on football discussion boards, especially when they use their real name and even go so far as to tell everyone that they have inside sources to back up their claims/speculation?Again, no offense meant to anyone here... just some things that I've speculated upon and kept to myself in the past, but it seems I haven't really been alone in this. And of course, we always welcome anyone's opinion or contributions.
You make it sound like you've been here for years... Mr member # 35,401, who joined in January 2009. Carver has been here forever too, Mr member # 32,051, joined 9 months ago. Neither of you have been here long enough to question Yudkin, a guy with a long track record here. :thumbup:
:unsure:

David Yudkin said:
From what I am hearing *** SPECULATION *** has this part of a larger deal with KC that involves Cassel going to KC and the Pats likely getting something like a 1st and a 3rd coming back to NE. So the Pats would end up with the #3 overall pick in this *** SPECULATED *** deal.
LIitening on the radio on the way home they ***SPECULATED*** that could be for the Chiefs 2nd rounder... with Cassel and a day two pick going back to the KC.
Now that sounds more fair if I understood that correctly.

David Yudkin said:
From what I am hearing *** SPECULATION *** has this part of a larger deal with KC that involves Cassel going to KC and the Pats likely getting something like a 1st and a 3rd coming back to NE. So the Pats would end up with the #3 overall pick in this *** SPECULATED *** deal.
LIitening on the radio on the way home they ***SPECULATED*** that could be for the Chiefs 2nd rounder... with Cassel and a day two pick going back to the KC.
i have no idea what he is saying. is he saying vrabel, cassel and a second day pick for the chiefs second rounder? that cant possibly be what he is saying. someone help me translate.

Adebisi said:
Carver said:
Adebisi said:
Without making accusations and trying not to offend anyone, I've never seen any "inside" information posted on this board regarding anything having to do with the Patriots that wasn't posted by Mike Reiss first, or couldn't be deduced from reading Reiss's blog and adding a touch of common sense and speculation. However, all opinions are of course always welcome, and again, no disrespect intended here.
This is pretty much all I was getting at with my OG post. Wasn't meant to offend Yudkin, I was just genuinely curious due to some of the same things you are pointing out here.It's all good, not trying to upset the applecart. Just wanted to know what the deal was with "from what im hearing". That (to me) insinuates "inside source". I didn’t expect such an emotional back lash from the “S-Double P”. :lmao:
He has indicated in the past that he has inside sources that he has discussions with, but again, I've never really seen anything materialize that Reiss didn't post to his blog first. I don't know... take it for whatever it's worth, I guess, but if you were that close to the situation, would you be sharing relevant information with someone who posts regularly on football discussion boards, especially when they use their real name and even go so far as to tell everyone that they have inside sources to back up their claims/speculation?Again, no offense meant to anyone here... just some things that I've speculated upon and kept to myself in the past, but it seems I haven't really been alone in this. And of course, we always welcome anyone's opinion or contributions.
You make it sound like you've been here for years... Mr member # 35,401, who joined in January 2009. Carver has been here forever too, Mr member # 32,051, joined 9 months ago. Neither of you have been here long enough to question Yudkin, a guy with a long track record here. :unsure:
:lmao:
Apparently you weren't here for all the times Yudkin correctly predicted who the starting RB was days ahead of time.

Adebisi said:
Carver said:
Adebisi said:
This is pretty much all I was getting at with my OG post. Wasn't meant to offend Yudkin, I was just genuinely curious due to some of the same things you are pointing out here.It's all good, not trying to upset the applecart. Just wanted to know what the deal was with "from what im hearing". That (to me) insinuates "inside source". I didn’t expect such an emotional back lash from the “S-Double P”. :lol:
You make it sound like you've been here for years... Mr member # 35,401, who joined in January 2009. Carver has been here forever too, Mr member # 32,051, joined 9 months ago. Neither of you have been here long enough to question Yudkin, a guy with a long track record here. :lmao:
:rolleyes:
Apparently you weren't here for all the times Yudkin correctly predicted who the starting RB was days ahead of time.
you think maybe you guys can take your pissing match somewhere else. some of us appreciate opinions and speculation. your garbage would be better served in the free for all.TIA

Adebisi said:
Carver said:
Adebisi said:
This is pretty much all I was getting at with my OG post. Wasn't meant to offend Yudkin, I was just genuinely curious due to some of the same things you are pointing out here.It's all good, not trying to upset the applecart. Just wanted to know what the deal was with "from what im hearing". That (to me) insinuates "inside source". I didn’t expect such an emotional back lash from the “S-Double P”. :lol:
You make it sound like you've been here for years... Mr member # 35,401, who joined in January 2009. Carver has been here forever too, Mr member # 32,051, joined 9 months ago. Neither of you have been here long enough to question Yudkin, a guy with a long track record here. :rolleyes:
:lmao: I like Yudkin's posts and he doesn't act like a blowhard and gloat when he's nailed the info

David Yudkin said:
i have no idea what he is saying. is he saying vrabel, cassel and a second day pick for the chiefs second rounder? that cant possibly be what he is saying. someone help me translate.
That's how I read it too. And if that's the case, it sounds more like a KC fans wet dream than it does an actual trade possibility.

fruity pebbles said:
ROCKET said:
If the Pats trade Cassell, Vrabel and the 1.23 pick for KC's 1.03 and 3.03 I think we got hosed. Call me crazy but there is no guarantee Curry will even be there at 1.03. If he's gone then what? And don't assume trading the pick will be easy. On top of that the cap hit would be huge. :thumbup:
disagree. you take one of the stud tackles.
Great, so we lose the #23 pick and gain a stud offensive tackle. Then our defense is picking the best available LB/CB at the end of the second round. Hooray, we get better on 0-line and spend a boatload of $$ to do it. And then we struggle to upgrade our defense in the second/ later rounds. I'd rather pick the best available lb/cb at #23, save the cap room and trade Cassell for a couple late first/ second rounders where you can adresss OL/DB/LB or whatever. I still don't see where the Pats make out in this scenario. :thumbdown:
A minor clarification - the Pats have a semi-early 2nd round pick in a trade (I think) with the Chargers and also have their own 2nd round pick.

David Yudkin said:
That's how I read it too. And if that's the case, it sounds more like a KC fans wet dream than it does an actual trade possibility.
Had nothing to do with Vrabel. Just the Cassel and picks part.
its still garbage then. the pats will get a first plus a lower pick for cassel imo. no way they send him to kc for a 2nd rounder.

David Yudkin said:
its still garbage then. the pats will get a first plus a lower pick for cassel imo. no way they send him to kc for a 2nd rounder.
IMO you are way overvaluing Cassel. He's worth a 2nd and not much more.

David Yudkin said:
i think we will find out soon enough and one of us will be right. when that happens, i will accept your apology.....

I know this is hindsight of the tallest order but what did you feel Schaub's value was?

Has he lived up to the swap of first round positions and two second round picks? If so, why shouldn't the Patriots expect something similar? What did Schaub show in his limited on-field quarterbacking that Cassel hasn't?

I think they kindof lucked out getting 1st rounders for Bledsoe and Branch. No way in a cold, frozen hell do they pull the trifecta and bring in another 1st for Cassel. Not happening. Fans of rival teams will go Ape#%&@. :blackdot:

David Yudkin said:
just so ya know... the chiefs second round pick is the #34 overallmaybe the Pats will just keep Cassel if its too low. :hifive:
i am quite aware of where they pick. and i wouldnt say its outside the realm of possibilities. but, imo, if they traded him for the second rounder, the chiefs would be supplementing it. you mentioned the pats would be kicking them a later pick. no chance. if they traded cassel to the chiefs for the 2nd rd pick this year, there would be another 2nd rder next year as well or something like that.

Adebisi said:
Carver said:
Adebisi said:
You make it sound like you've been here for years... Mr member # 35,401, who joined in January 2009. Carver has been here forever too, Mr member # 32,051, joined 9 months ago. Neither of you have been here long enough to question Yudkin, a guy with a long track record here. :eek:
I've been around here a lot longer than my member number might indicate. There is no need to get emotional over any of this. People are raising questions and making observations. I think perhaps some of us might need to take a step back and not take any of this so personally. As previously indicated, I don't mean to offend anyone, and I always welcome everyone's opinions on anything. :P

Adebisi said:
Carver said:
Adebisi said:
You make it sound like you've been here for years... Mr member # 35,401, who joined in January 2009. Carver has been here forever too, Mr member # 32,051, joined 9 months ago. Neither of you have been here long enough to question Yudkin, a guy with a long track record here. :eek:
I've been around here a lot longer than my member number might indicate. There is no need to get emotional over any of this. People are raising questions and making observations. I think perhaps some of us might need to take a step back and not take any of this so personally. As previously indicated, I don't mean to offend anyone, and I always welcome everyone's opinions on anything. :P
Yudkin has been posting about how the NE RBs will be used for 2 seasons now, and his "predictions" have been spot on during a time when no media figure had a freaking clue.I don't even know Yudkin, so this isn't an emotional response. It's factual, and anyone who was on this board and paying attention to the NE RB situation is fully versed in DY's track record.

I think they kindof lucked out getting 1st rounders for Bledsoe and Branch. No way in a cold, frozen hell do they pull the trifecta and bring in another 1st for Cassel. Not happening. Fans of rival teams will go Ape#%&@. :eek:
It's nice to see at least one NE fan who gets it. If I were a Pats fan I'd be more than happy with the Chiefs #34 pick for Cassel.

Adebisi said:
Carver said:
Adebisi said:
Yudkin has been posting about how the NE RBs will be used for 2 seasons now, and his "predictions" have been spot on during a time when no media figure had a freaking clue.I don't even know Yudkin, so this isn't an emotional response. It's factual, and anyone who was on this board and paying attention to the NE RB situation is fully versed in DY's track record.
Time to move on. This debate really has no place in the Shark Pool. I have nothing but good things to say about DY; as mentioned several times now, I welcome anyone's opinions, predictions, etc.If you'd like to discuss this any further, shoot me a PM and we can do it that way, but let's not allow this thread to get any further off topic, okay? Thanks.

I think they kindof lucked out getting 1st rounders for Bledsoe and Branch. No way in a cold, frozen hell do they pull the trifecta and bring in another 1st for Cassel. Not happening. Fans of rival teams will go Ape#%&@. :pickle:
It's nice to see at least one NE fan who gets it. If I were a Pats fan I'd be more than happy with the Chiefs #34 pick for Cassel.
I'm not quite sure what your point is here. Are you saying that Cassell is not worth a 1st? If so, NE fans aren't alone in believing that he may be, so it seems as though you're just looking to take a shot at Patriots fans. No? Obviously, the perceived value of a player like Cassell is going to be debated until the deal actually gets done. If you're saying Pats fans should be happy to get the 2nd pick in the 2nd round, is it really that much of a stretch to think he might be worth a 1st?

I think they kindof lucked out getting 1st rounders for Bledsoe and Branch. No way in a cold, frozen hell do they pull the trifecta and bring in another 1st for Cassel. Not happening. Fans of rival teams will go Ape#%&@. :hot:
Totally agree. The Patriots only franchised him to get something out of it. Getting that pick and doing it fast gives them the pick and clears cap space to sign players. With no perceived bidding war for him a high 2 seems like a great deal

I think they kindof lucked out getting 1st rounders for Bledsoe and Branch. No way in a cold, frozen hell do they pull the trifecta and bring in another 1st for Cassel. Not happening. Fans of rival teams will go Ape#%&@. :hot:
Obviously, the perceived value of a player like Cassell is going to be debated until the deal actually gets done. If you're saying Pats fans should be happy to get the 2nd pick in the 2nd round, is it really that much of a stretch to think he might be worth a 1st?
If I were a Pats fan I'd weigh the difference between waiting for maybe 1 in the future while keeping the cap tight or the #34 and freeing cap space

Adebisi said:
Carver said:
Adebisi said:
You make it sound like you've been here for years... Mr member # 35,401, who joined in January 2009. Carver has been here forever too, Mr member # 32,051, joined 9 months ago. Neither of you have been here long enough to question Yudkin, a guy with a long track record here. :thumbup:
I've been around here a lot longer than my member number might indicate. There is no need to get emotional over any of this. People are raising questions and making observations. I think perhaps some of us might need to take a step back and not take any of this so personally. As previously indicated, I don't mean to offend anyone, and I always welcome everyone's opinions on anything. :censored:
Time to move on. This debate really has no place in the Shark Pool. I have nothing but good things to say about DY; as mentioned several times now, I welcome anyone's opinions, predictions, etc.If you'd like to discuss this any further, shoot me a PM and we can do it that way, but let's not allow this thread to get any further off topic, okay? Thanks.
:lmao: It's not a debate - one side has facts, the other doesn't. Just admit you were wrong, it's really not that tough.

I think they kindof lucked out getting 1st rounders for Bledsoe and Branch. No way in a cold, frozen hell do they pull the trifecta and bring in another 1st for Cassel. Not happening. Fans of rival teams will go Ape#%&@. :excited:
Obviously, the perceived value of a player like Cassell is going to be debated until the deal actually gets done. If you're saying Pats fans should be happy to get the 2nd pick in the 2nd round, is it really that much of a stretch to think he might be worth a 1st?
If I were a Pats fan I'd weigh the difference between waiting for maybe 1 in the future while keeping the cap tight or the #34 and freeing cap space
As a Pats fan, I realize that I don't have even 1% of the information that our management has, and I'm trusting in them to do the right thing. They usually do.

Adebisi said:
Carver said:
Adebisi said:
This is pretty much all I was getting at with my OG post. Wasn't meant to offend Yudkin, I was just genuinely curious due to some of the same things you are pointing out here.It's all good, not trying to upset the applecart. Just wanted to know what the deal was with "from what im hearing". That (to me) insinuates "inside source". I didn’t expect such an emotional back lash from the “S-Double P”. :thumbup:
You make it sound like you've been here for years... Mr member # 35,401, who joined in January 2009. Carver has been here forever too, Mr member # 32,051, joined 9 months ago. Neither of you have been here long enough to question Yudkin, a guy with a long track record here. :excited:
I've been around here a lot longer than my member number might indicate. There is no need to get emotional over any of this. People are raising questions and making observations. I think perhaps some of us might need to take a step back and not take any of this so personally. As previously indicated, I don't mean to offend anyone, and I always welcome everyone's opinions on anything. :thumbup:
:thumbup: It's not a debate - one side has facts, the other doesn't. Just admit you were wrong, it's really not that tough.
Reading comprehension down? PM me if you want to discuss this further. I'd be more than happy to address this with you in the appropriate fashion.

David Yudkin said:
Assume that the object of NE desire is Curry they should offer a similar deal to Detroit minus the 3rd round pick.New England would get Curry and Detroit would get Cassel and the 23rd pick. It make sense for Detroit to get a QB and more draft picks to fill the many holes in their roster.

David Yudkin said:
Couldn't disagree more.Cassel is worth more than any of the QBs on the board.With all the bust QB coming out of college over the years,no one wants to be stuck with the next Ryan Leaf.Spending a 1st on Cassel gives a team confidence that theycan rebuild or retool seamlessly at their most important position..

Another Cassel Rumor:

NFL Insider: 49ers Could Gameplan For Cassel

Written by NFL Draft Bible

Friday, 27 February 2009 00:40

According to our NFL sources, the San Francisco 49ers are closely evaluating USC junior quarterback Matt Sanchez who they feel might be there at pick #10 before possibly offering that pick to the New England Patriots in an attempt to pry quarterback Matt Cassel away from them, especially since if you deal off a Top-10 pick for Cassel's rights than you still have to pay Cassel a contract likely worth well over 60 million dollars over the next 5-6 years, the NFL Draft Bible reports
http://www.nfldraftbible.com/All-Access-Football/nfl_insider_49ers_could_gameplan_for_cassel.htmlhttp://www.nfldraftbible.com/All-Access-Fo...for_cassel.html

http://www.nfldraftbible.com/All-Access-Football/nfl_insider_49ers_could_gameplan_for_cassel.html

I wouldn't be surprised to see a contract like that. That will limit just how many teams can really afford to bid for him.

Another Cassel Rumor:

According to our NFL sources, the San Francisco 49ers are closely evaluating USC junior quarterback Matt Sanchez who they feel might be there at pick #10 before possibly offering that pick to the New England Patriots in an attempt to pry quarterback Matt Cassel away from them, especially since if you deal off a Top-10 pick for Cassel's rights than you still have to pay Cassel a contract likely worth well over 60 million dollars over the next 5-6 years, the NFL Draft Bible reports
http://www.nfldraftbible.com/All-Access-Football/nfl_insider_49ers_could_gameplan_for_cassel.html<a href="http://www.nfldraftbible.com/All-Access-Football/nfl_insider_49ers_could_gameplan_for_cassel.html"

http://www.nfldraftbible.com/All-Access-Football/nfl_insider_49ers_could_gameplan_for_cassel.html target="_blank">http://www.nfldraftbible.com/All-Access-Fo...for_cassel.html</a>
That would be interesting, especially if it somehow involved NE getting Willis.

Another Cassel Rumor:

http://www.nfldraftbible.com/All-Access-Football/nfl_insider_49ers_could_gameplan_for_cassel.html<a href="http://www.nfldraftbible.com/All-Access-Football/nfl_insider_49ers_could_gameplan_for_cassel.html"

http://www.nfldraftbible.com/All-Access-Football/nfl_insider_49ers_could_gameplan_for_cassel.html target="_blank">http://www.nfldraftbible.com/All-Access-Fo...for_cassel.html</a>
That would be interesting, especially if it somehow involved NE getting Willis.
SF is not going to include Willis in any trade; it makes no sense. Like Haynesworth's "$100,000,000.00 contract it is likely that a 60 million offer to Cassel would not have all of that guaranteed.

God the Matt Cassel rumor mill has been running fast and furious. People need to pretty much ignore every single word spoken about him right now. Until it goes down, its pretty much all just E-entertainment right now. I cant recall so much bogus information being floated around about a guy in recent memorty. Its almost interesting to just think how it all gets started. I wonder if New England actually has people leaking some of this stuff on purpose just to draw up more interest. I doubt it, but the thought had occurred to me. But regardless, right now youve got to take every last word about Cassel with a grain of salt.

A trade between Bill Belichick and Scott Pioli. Does anyone actually expect the compensation to be revealed within the next year?

There is also a rumor of the 49ers going after Kurt Warner. If they are going to spend that kind of money on a QB, Warner is more of a sure thing and there is no compensation.

I think Cassel gets in the $8 million per year range and not the $10 million range.

A trade between Bill Belichick and Scott Pioli. Does anyone actually expect the compensation to be revealed within the next year?
:lol:I actually believe Cassel goes to KC.Pioli has a love affair for Cassel and he a BBshould be making deals for years to come.

Like every other GM in the AFC, Pioli is now building a team to beat the Patriots. Trading lots of picks to them won't help that much unless he thinks Cassel is truly elite.

Cassell and Vrable:

What's in it for KC???

Cassell

Proven

Ready to play now

Locks in draft pick value unlike taking a QB in the draft where it's a crap shoot.

Possibility that getting rid of the 3rd overall for Cassell gets KC off the hook for paying 3rd overall cash. If KC is still responsible for a high dollar Cassell payday (due to the trade of the 3rd overall) then at least it's a long life position like QB that can hopefully be stretched out (does it work this way???).

Vrable

LB weakness in KC make LB a huge team need

Shift to the 3-4 makes good and smart LB's an even greater team priority

Ray Lewis or Patriots style leadership on the field and in the locker room to create the culture that Pioli demands.

:thumbup:I actually believe Cassel goes to KC.Pioli has a love affair for Cassel and he a BBshould be making deals for years to come.
Scott Mitchell V 2.0.
Explain the commonalities between Cassel and Mitchell.
I guess the one thing that sticks out the most to me is that Cassel's resume was not very strong before last year, just as Scott Mitchell's wasn't before Marino ruptured his Achillies' tendon, giving Mitchell his shot. He played very well. So well in fact that Detroit threw a lot of cash at him. Can Cassel do well in a different offense? Can he do well without Moss and Welker? Mitchell wasn't much of a leader, didn't get along with his teammates, and that aided in his undoing. Will Cassel be a good leader? It's easy to be a good leader on a great team and everything is going well. Cassel may turn out just fine, but then again, maybe he won't. Just ask Detroit fans.

NFL network reporting Cassel traded to Chiefs. No details yet.
I heard on NFL Network that both Vrable and Cassell were traded to KC for KC's 2nd round pick. NE was more interested in KC's 2nd round pick than KC's 3rd overall because any pick in the top 10 overall is considered toxic due to cash/cap.

Users who are viewing this thread