What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Minnesota Vikings Offseason (2007) (1 Viewer)

Are you guys Bears fans or somthing? I don't understand why you enjoy dogging on the Vikings.
Here we go... having an opinion is "dogging" on the Vikes? It can't just be a valid opinion? Did you happen to watch the Vikes against Chicago last year? They were so inept that they couldn't even be competitive in a game when the opposing QB had the lowest passer rating in NFL history. I doubt they'll get that benefit again. Obviously every team in the NFL is improved in some ways from last year, but the Vikes aren't undeniably improved overall. * WR is a huge unknown, clearly bottom 5 in the NFL on paper to begin the season.* OL still seems to be out of sync IMHO. * Coaching remains a huge questionmark, even moreso now under a new DC. I applaud Bevell taking over playcalling largely because Childress has never proven himself effective enough to manage that and other coaching responsibilities, but lets be serious... this guy has no record to point to and will be learning on the fly. Would you agree he is basement tier as far as NFL coordinators go, and the Vikes are sticking with a completely unknown coordinator purely out of deference to Childress?* QB is a huge questionmark, and frankly its laughable to imply that Tarvaris Jackson will lead this team to wins against a Chicago D. KC and Atlanta? Ok, maybe I'll buy that, but to specifically call out loss predictions to a Chicago team that was good enough to make it to the SB last year is a bit much.Bottom line this team has an achilles heel that extends from the ankle right up to about mid-chest IMHO. Decent D, but let's be candid here. Even the D seems overrated heading into 2007 since it sold out pass coverage in favor of run D last season and everyone is focusing on the resulting gaudy rush D stats. They lost the defensive coordinator, and they let go of Nap Harris who was surprisingly effective. They were overall mediocre holding a few games closer than expected. The additions you mentioned should hopefully improve this unit to 'good' this year for the first time in eons if the change in coaching does not set it back. I don't personally see that as being enough to make up for the O though.

Did you happen to watch the Vikes against Chicago last year? They were so inept that they couldn't even be competitive in a game when the opposing QB had the lowest passer rating in NFL history. I doubt they'll get that benefit again. Obviously every team in the NFL is improved in some ways from last year, but the Vikes aren't undeniably improved overall.
You must have missed the game at Minnesota.The Vikings had that game won, and promptly pissed it away. If Matt Birk doesn't miss a blocking assignment, they split the series last year.

Did you happen to watch the Vikes against Chicago last year? They were so inept that they couldn't even be competitive in a game when the opposing QB had the lowest passer rating in NFL history. I doubt they'll get that benefit again. Obviously every team in the NFL is improved in some ways from last year, but the Vikes aren't undeniably improved overall.
You must have missed the game at Minnesota.The Vikings had that game won, and promptly pissed it away. If Matt Birk doesn't miss a blocking assignment, they split the series last year.
Even in the game you mention the Vikes at least had the benefit of a veteran QB, were playing at home, and couldn't take advantage of an opponent being flagged left and right. Just so that I'm clear the point you are trying to make, are you predicting the Vikes beat the Bears this year? Do you personally think it's outlandish for someone to think the Vikes will probably lose to the Bears twice?

They'll lose a blackout game against Atlanta in game one and the wheels will come off.
The Falcons biggest strength is running the ball. Somthing I am confident in our defense not allowing to happen.Dirty burds are ripe for the picking with all of thier controversy going on.O ye of little faith. 1st helping of crow being served this Sunday.

They'll lose a blackout game against Atlanta in game one and the wheels will come off.
The Falcons biggest strength is running the ball. Somthing I am confident in our defense not allowing to happen.Dirty burds are ripe for the picking with all of thier controversy going on.O ye of little faith. 1st helping of crow being served this Sunday.
they are going to smoke atlanta :thumbup:

Just so that I'm clear the point you are trying to make, are you predicting the Vikes beat the Bears this year? Do you personally think it's outlandish for someone to think the Vikes will probably lose to the Bears twice?
The point I'm trying to make is that the Bears are hardly this unbeatable powerhouse. They benefited last year from some superb play from their special teams and should have lost to an Arizona team that was probably even worse than Minnesota was. They play very good defense, and they have a quarterback that is going to give games away. And their offense has gotten worse this offseason.

they are going to smoke atlanta :goodposting:
I hope so, but I am not so optimistic. Joey has turnover issues, but always has put up good numbers against the Vikes. Joey has looked strong this preseason. The Vikings have little to go on in what Petrino's NFL offense will really look like. I think this will be tighter than some of you think.And yes, like Andy and Big Jim, I am predicting somewhere in the neighborhood of four wins.

:popcorn: AD didnt touch the ball enough.TJax suckedChildress/Bevell suckedOLine sucked
I agree...but they were still a couple inches from winning the game...on the road...against an above average team...to me that is a good sign overall. If the Vikings can get the offense straightened out, this could be a good team. (ever the optimist!)

:thumbup: AD didnt touch the ball enough.TJax suckedChildress/Bevell suckedOLine sucked
I agree...but they were still a couple inches from winning the game...on the road...against an above average team...to me that is a good sign overall. If the Vikings can get the offense straightened out, this could be a good team. (ever the optimist!)
That's a nice sentiment, but I totally disagree. The Lions are an awful team without Kitna and they didn't have him for most of that game. If the Vikings can't beat the team they've beaten 10 times in a row when they have the most important one of their players out of the game for most of it they aren't going to beat anyone better than Atlanta.

Users who are viewing this thread