What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Mock Draft Version 1.0 (1 Viewer)

Pat Patriot

Footballguy
I have watched a ton of college football this year but am just now starting to look at all of the eligible draftees now that declaration day has passed.

1. Oakland

Brady Quinn QB

I expect Steve Sarkisian to get the Oakland job. He is a product of the BYU system and USC system where accurracy and decision-making are more important than the big arm. Quinn has a big enough arm, just not freakish big like Russell.

2. Detroit

Alan Branch DT

This is a tough spot for Millen. Pick C. Johnson and he gets villified. Joe Thomas doesnt really fit. They need defensive help. I expect Detroit to try and trade down.

3. Cleveland

Joe Thomas OT

I think the offensive line gets more blame than Reuben Droughans for their terrible run game. Losing Le Charles Bentley in training camp was a really tough break last year. Crennel would like to build a dominating D but he is on thin ice. He needs to improve this offense.

4. Tampa Bay

Calvin Johnson WR

Best player in the draft. Great pick for TB. Instantly gives them big firepower with CJ, Galloway, Clayton, Alex Smith and Cadillac Williams. Can Simms come back and revert to late 2005 form is the question.

5. Miami via trade (Arizona Cardinals)

Jamarcus Russell QB

No confidence in Culpepper coming back. He has been a pretty poor bet at QB for a few years now.

6. Washington

Gaines Adams DE

Their defense fell apart this year. They need pressure on the QB to make it work. Adams is a big time pass rusher.

7. Minnesota

Dwayne Jarrett WR

They need a playmaker and a reliable one at that. Very good hands. They have the speed guy who cant catch in Williamson that they reached for. Now they get their #1 receiver.

8. Houston

Adrian Peterson RB

Domanick Davis is not coming back and Ron Dayne and Wali Lundy will not cut it.

9. Arizona via trade (Miami)

Levi Brown OT

Need to build that line. Arizona is truly on the rise and is only missing a few building blocks from being a good team.

10. Atlanta

Reggie Nelson S

Atlanta needs a safety and I think based on Floridas' win in the NC game, Nelson moves ahead of Landry.

11. San Francisco

Darelle Revis. SF has a number of up and coming offensive stars. They need help on D. With Revis they get a 2-1 with his return ability on special teams.

12. Buffalo

Amobi Okoye DT

I think Buffalo needs a #2 receiver but didnt feel that Ginn was a fit here or that any other receiver deserved this spot. Okoye is so young and his measurables will be off the charts at the combine.

13. St. Louis

Quinton Moses DE

St. Louis needs somebody besides Leonard Little that can rush the passer.

14. Carolina

Patrick Willis LB

Dan Morgan is a real risk and cannot be relied upon. The Carolina D was dissapointing this year and losing Will Witherspoon and not having Dan Morgan were a big reason.

15. Pittsburgh

Marcus McCauley CB

Pitt needs DB help. They were in too many shootouts this year.

16. GB

Michael Griffin S

GB is building a decent defense. Good pass rush with Kampman. LB's with Hawk, Barnett and Hodge. CB's in Harris and Woodson and now they get a safety.

17. Jax

Leon Hall CB

Bookend for Rashaen Mathis.

18. Cincinnati Bengals

Justin Blalock OL

Depth on the offensive line was a major problem for Cincy this year. Palmer was under a great deal of pressure. Blalock is versativel and gives them depth at a couple of positions.

19. Tennessee Titans

Jamaal Anderson DE

Titans need D. Pacman looks like a keeper at CB. Anderson looked great in his Bowl. Add him to Vanden Bosch and Haynesworth and they will have a nice Dline forming.

20. Giants

Quinn Pitcock DT

Giants will address a compliment to Jacobs in FA. They have pass rushers but need runstoppers. Pitcock will help keep blockers off of Pierce.

21. Denver

Marshawn Lynch RB

I think Shanny will so goodbye to the Tatem Bell experiment. Lynch can be a workhorse. No more RBBC, Shanny gets his next great back.

22. Dallas

Laron Landry S

The Cowboys need DB's. Landry would be a perfect compliment to Williams. The only problem is will he be here?

23. KC

Ted Ginn Jr. WR

KC needs a WR that can stretch the field and open things up for Larry Johnson. I dont think that KC has a QB on the roster with the arm to make full use of Ginn but using Ginn as a returner can also cover the fact that Dante Hall is no longer an elite returner.

24. NE (via Seattle)

Antoine Cason CB

Pats get their replacement for Samuel if he leaves. There are probably a number of WR options that the Pats like at this point so they will wait until their next pick to grab one. I once wanted Posluzny here but he is not the big ILB that the Patriots usually like.

25. NY Jets

Tony Hunt RB

Perfect power compliment to Leon Washington. Some like Kenny Irons here but I think Tony Hunt is a much better move the chains choice for the Jets offense.

26. Eagles

Paul Posluzny LB

Eagles LB's are the worst in the league and their best LB (Trotter) is getting OLD real quick.

27. New Orleans Saints

Rufus Alexander LB

Not withstanding the great game that Scott Fujita played against the Eagles on Saturday night, the Saints LB's are pretty pedestrian.

28. Colts

HB Blades LB

Colts need toughness. Blades has this in spades. He will be a solid playmaker on that D. They could go DT as well but McFarland played better as the season went on.

29. Baltimore Ravens

Tony Ugoh OT

Baltimore needs to find a replacement for Ogden and the rest of the OLine. Ugoh is a tough runblocking lineman.

30. SD Chargers

Jeff Samardzija WR

Chargers have their deep threat in Vincent Jackson. They need someone with good hands that can move the sticks. That was painfully obvious against the Pats. McCardell is at the end of the string and Parker is just not reliable.

31. Chicago

Demarcus Tyler DT

Lack of depth in the interior is hurting the Chicago D in the playoffs and the injury to Harris is worrisome.

32 NE

Sidney Rice WR

This is how the Pats turn a weakness into a strengh. Rice needs to get stronger but runs good routes and has very strong hands. A WR corp of CJax, Rice, Caldwell and Gaffney would make Tom Brady very happy.

Additional NE picks

2-64 Anthony Spencer DE Purdue

2-96 Michael Johnson S Arizona

I dont see SD going WR in the 1st. I agree mccardell is done and Parker had a bad game/is inj prone. However, the FA status of Edwards and the retirement of Godfrey makes ILB a bigger concern. S is another need area. Wr isnt.

I dont see SD going WR in the 1st. I agree mccardell is done and Parker had a bad game/is inj prone. However, the FA status of Edwards and the retirement of Godfrey makes ILB a bigger concern. S is another need area. Wr isnt.
Who do you see at ILB that you like there or S? I think all the elite safeties are gone and I'm not a big fan of Buster Davis who is the highest ranked ILB.

21. DenverMarshawn Lynch RBI think Shanny will so goodbye to the Tatem Bell experiment. Lynch can be a workhorse. No more RBBC, Shanny gets his next great back.
As an owner of the 1.2 pick, I hope this is true. :(

PP,

The Jags have their two top CB's locked up for years and pretty good depth behind them. Although they could certainly draft one later, I don't think they'll take one at 1.17. I'm thinking FS or DE.

A lot of teams seem to be after top Safeties. I see 3-4 top safeties. Their arent enough for how many seem to want them.

I'm not a big fan of Brian Williams but evidently Jax likes him. You are probably right though. Jamaal Anderson from Arkansas might be a better fit for them.

Pat Patriot said:
A lot of teams seem to be after top Safeties. I see 3-4 top safeties. Their arent enough for how many seem to want them.I'm not a big fan of Brian Williams but evidently Jax likes him. You are probably right though. Jamaal Anderson from Arkansas might be a better fit for them.
I would love it if Jamaal Anderson was still there. I was impressed with Brian Williams. I thought he played well this year.

Users who are viewing this thread