What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

More NFL Hypocrisy? (1 Viewer)

Idiot Boxer

Footballguy
How is it, when there is so much voiced concern about the health of the athlete, that home teams (particularly in warm weather climates) are allowed to provide their own teams with fans, mist sprayers and shade, but do not provide them for the visiting team. Considering the stated goals of the NFL to protect the players, how can they allow home teams to deny the visitors certain amenities which could prevent serious heat-related injuries? Do we need someone to have a heat stroke before the visitors team is given some shade?

Forget the mist sprayers. Science would probably show that the misters actually make players hotter because their clothing gets wet and then they have to work harder to carry the extra weight of the water that is in thier clothing and that extra water could also get really hot and hold that heat against the players bodies.

So by being outraged you are actually trying to hurt your players and I would not call you a very caring fan.

I would go one step further and plant shady trees on the sideline so the sun does not beat down on the players at all. Forget the fans and mist because the sun's UV rays are still hitting the players which will cause skin cancer later in life. With trees on the sidelines this will protect the players today and in the future. Plus, this is more green for the environment because fans and mist machines use electricity and trees do not.

I would go one step further and plant shady trees on the sideline so the sun does not beat down on the players at all. Forget the fans and mist because the sun's UV rays are still hitting the players which will cause skin cancer later in life. With trees on the sidelines this will protect the players today and in the future. Plus, this is more green for the environment because fans and mist machines use electricity and trees do not.
You need to consider the total environmental impact, though. Trees require water which would require watering, which would use power and water from the municipality which is undoubtedly using high capacity wells which are lowering the water table of the region, and likely not returning water to the same aquifer from whence it was taken, so I think your plan is short sighted to say the least and probably harming the environment, and also if there were winds it would prove a hazard to the players due to limbs which might break off, fall, or be blown on to the playing surface and possibly hitting players, and as the limbs are longer than wide, they could easily penetrate through a face mask and cause serious eye injuries. All in all, from both an environmental and eye care standpoint, your plan is flawed.

You need to consider the total environmental impact, though. Trees require water which would require watering, which would use power and water from the municipality which is undoubtedly using high capacity wells which are lowering the water table of the region, and likely not returning water to the same aquifer from whence it was taken, so I think your plan is short sighted to say the least and probably harming the environment, and also if there were winds it would prove a hazard to the players due to limbs which might break off, fall, or be blown on to the playing surface and possibly hitting players, and as the limbs are longer than wide, they could easily penetrate through a face mask and cause serious eye injuries. All in all, from both an environmental and eye care standpoint, your plan is flawed.
Part of this would be offset by the sweat of the players, the poured soda, beer, and water from the stands, and the gatorade dumped at the end of the game. So, in fact, this process is helping to create jobs because it will give science a reason to breed shady trees that can use sweat, beer, soda, gatorade to help its leafy growth. However, I am aware that this technology is not available yet.

Part of this would be offset by the sweat of the players, the poured soda, beer, and water from the stands, and the gatorade dumped at the end of the game. So, in fact, this process is helping to create jobs because it will give science a reason to breed shady trees that can use sweat, beer, soda, gatorade to help its leafy growth. However, I am aware that this technology is not available yet.
Well, that would be interesting. But like you said, that technology and type of tree does not exist, so it's pie in the sky.No misters, and no trees.

SWC said:
Mario Kart said:
SWC said:
Mario Kart said:
Well, that would be interesting. But like you said, that technology and type of tree does not exist, so it's pie in the sky.No misters, and no trees.
With thought comes creation. With thought comes inspiration. That is how Darwin created humans. He thought them up.

Users who are viewing this thread