What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Mortenson on T.Henry (1 Viewer)

What exactly would be comedic about that? McGahee came in and took the job because he is better. The Bills were losing with Henry and he wasn't producing, the Bills were winning with McGahee and he was producing exceptionally well on one bum leg. Then Henry has screamed like a child for the last 6 months. I don't really understand how you can root for him over a class act like Willis. :no:
You dont know what your talking about... Henry wasnt producing and McGahee is??? Is that Because Henry was putting up 1300 plus yards, and McGahee put up 1128 yards last year... Thats A LOT BETTER :no:

You are just a Henry HATER... Plain and Simple...

Dont Hate BRO... Just Wait and See ....

Mort just reported on ESPN radio that Tennessee is now the front runner. And that a deal may be announced as early as today.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mort just reported on ESPN radio that Tennessee is now the front runner. And that a deal may be announced as early as today.
Wow what a development! The news from yesterday sounded like Henry to Jax was just about a done deal.

Amen to that!!!  Also a Chris Brown owner!!!!!

:thumbup:   :thumbup:

:suds:  

:hifive:

:pickle:

:pickle: <-- Chris Brown owner
Not to rain on your parade, but how is Henry being traded to Jacksonville going to keep Brown healthy this year?I would think that if Tennesee aquired Henry, you would at least know who the clear backup is, and could plan accordingly. Right now, that backup spot has to be one of the muddiest in the whole NFL.
Henry being in Tennessee gives me less liklihood that Brown keeps his starting job, healthy or not...or at least is given the OPPORTUNITY to keep it.Henry NOT being in Titan-land means they likely 'put up' with Brown's nicks, and they don't have anybody else on the roster I think threatens to take his job once and for all....so it's a GOOD NEWS story for me.

Plus, 'making arrangements' to get Henry as the back up costs me draft picks that I'd like to hold onto right now.

OH CRAP! :cry: :cry: :hot: :rant: :wall:

What the hell happened>!>!!>!????
It sounded like Buffalo was getting tired of Jax waffling on the trade and that Tennessee seems willing to part with the required 3rd round pick.

OH CRAP! :cry: :cry: :hot: :rant: :wall:

What the hell happened>!>!!>!????
It sounded like Buffalo was getting tired of Jax waffling on the trade and that Tennessee seems willing to part with the required 3rd round pick.
One of the earlier rumors had the 3rd being a conditional second depending on playing time/yards. The Jags might balk at spending a second on somebody in the last year of their contract. The Jags should have picked up the A-Train as Fred insurance when they had the chance.

Amen to that!!! Also a Chris Brown owner!!!!!

:thumbup: :thumbup:

:suds:

:hifive:

:pickle:

:pickle: <-- Chris Brown owner
Not to rain on your parade, but how is Henry being traded to Jacksonville going to keep Brown healthy this year?I would think that if Tennesee aquired Henry, you would at least know who the clear backup is, and could plan accordingly. Right now, that backup spot has to be one of the muddiest in the whole NFL.
Henry being in Tennessee gives me less liklihood that Brown keeps his starting job, healthy or not...or at least is given the OPPORTUNITY to keep it.Henry NOT being in Titan-land means they likely 'put up' with Brown's nicks, and they don't have anybody else on the roster I think threatens to take his job once and for all....so it's a GOOD NEWS story for me.

Plus, 'making arrangements' to get Henry as the back up costs me draft picks that I'd like to hold onto right now.
No way, Brown is the starter as long as he's healthy. When Brown plays he's one of the best in the league - the Titans are just covering themselves for his eventual injury.

And the Henry saga lives another day.Somewhere in FF heaven the gods are looking down upon us and ROTFLTAO.......

Henry to the Titans makes a Brown/Henry combo look very appealing.
Maybe from an NFL standpoint but from a FF standpoint I'll stay far away....
I disagree. We have already seen what Chris Brown can do in a half several times over. If it's RBBC, Brown may stay healthy and get 15 carries a game for 16 games. That's better than missing significant time, and Chris Brown can do a lot of damage with 15 carries a game. I also heard they want to get Brown more involved in the passing game.

And the Henry saga lives another day.Somewhere in FF heaven the gods are looking down upon us and ROTFLTAO.......
I agreeI'll give up my third round pick if they'll just resolve this today.

Henry to the Titans makes a Brown/Henry combo look very appealing.
Maybe from an NFL standpoint but from a FF standpoint I'll stay far away....
I disagree. We have already seen what Chris Brown can do in a half several times over. If it's RBBC, Brown may stay healthy and get 15 carries a game for 16 games. That's better than missing significant time, and Chris Brown can do a lot of damage with 15 carries a game. I also heard they want to get Brown more involved in the passing game.
Agree that it could add to Brown's longevity but personally I would rather have an offense focused around 1 back. I try to avoid potential RBBC situations like the plague. Also, who do they use at the goal line? Henry has proven to be an effective goal line back in Buff. and one of Brown's problems last year was short yardage. Does Brown carry between the 20's and Henry come in and punch it in ala. Bettis. I don't know the answers but the potential would be there and there's nothing more frustrating than watching your back take the ball end to end and the goal line back comes in for the TD.

Argh... I'm a owner in two dynasty leagues, this waffling back and forth is getting annoying. :wall: Just wish he'd finally land so I could figure out what to do at that point (maybe trade him to a Chris Brown or Fred Taylor owner, maybe hold on to him.)

Mort was on Mike and Mike this morning and he said that the Titans are still the favorite and are now willing to give up a 3rd. He also said that Henry would prefer Jax because he can get more money, but that he had no say in the situation. Going back to play in the state that he went to college has nothing to do with it as far as Henry is concerned. It's about the $$ more than anything else. Wanting to be the starter didn't even come up as a factor.

tom donahue has played this situation masterfully. kudos to him.
I agree, it's funny as heck watching the reports of these 2 teams scrambling to get him now... or so it would seem.

Maybe, but he probably could have gotten a 3rd round pick for this past year during the draft, and had someone to help his team sooner.

Maybe, but he probably could have gotten a 3rd round pick for this past year during the draft, and had someone to help his team sooner.
No one would give a 3rd. Henry has been on the table for a long time.

Somewhere on earth Mortensen is looking at us and ROTFLHAO.

No one would give a 3rd. Henry has been on the table for a long time.
I guess I was under the impression that he has been holding out for a 2nd round pick. :confused:

If the Jags trade for Henry, they can't possibly keep all these big name runningbacks can they??? Who will they cut???

Labrandon Toefield?? Greg Jones?? Alvin Pearman??? Fuamaaatuumaaaafaaaalaaaaaaa???
Big names? :lmao: I hope you were kidding.

If the Jags trade for Henry, they can't possibly keep all these big name runningbacks can they??? Who will they cut???

Labrandon Toefield?? Greg Jones?? Alvin Pearman???  Fuamaaatuumaaaafaaaalaaaaaaa???
Big names? :lmao: I hope you were kidding.
Do names get any bigger than Fu's??

ESPN.com Article
Despite reports that the Jacksonville Jaguars are close to acquiring Travis Henry, the Tennessee Titans have made the more attractive trade proposal to the Buffalo Bills and are the front-runner in the chase for the disgruntled tailback.Discussions between the Bills and the two most ardent suitors for Henry have been ramped up, and the situation remains in flux as Buffalo officials continue their efforts trade Henry sooner rather than later. The Seattle Seahawks, who had earlier indicated interest in Henry, apparently are out of the hunt.Jaguars coach Jack Del Rio told the Florida Times-Union on Thursday that the addition of Henry, who has been on the trading block for virtually the entire offseason, could be completed "in the next few days or week.""The fact that we have an opportunity to acquire a running back [with] this kind of talent is something we have to look at, [and] so we're looking at it," Del Rio said. "This may or may not happen, but we're protecting our interests, and any time we think we can acquire somebody who can help us, we're going to do that."In their quest to add a proven tailback as an insurance policy in case star Fred Taylor might not be fully rehabilitated from knee surgery for the start of the regular season, the Jaguars have completed one crucial element in a potential acquisition of Henry. ESPN.com has confirmed that the Jaguars earlier this week reached agreement in principle with Henry on a multi-year contract extension.But the Jaguars are lagging in the second half of the equation -- satisfying the price tag of Buffalo general manager Tom Donahoe, who has been seeking a third-round draft pick in return for the four-year veteran tailback.It is now believed that Tennessee, which has been trying to land a proven tailback to back up fragile starter Chris Brown, has offered the Bills a solid third-round pick. That pick, it is believed, includes no conditions. It is not known what Jacksonville has proposed to the Bills, and it's actually unclear whether the Jaguars even have made a formal offer. The Titans have not been able yet to reach a contract extension accord with Henry.Because Henry is entering the final year of his contract, with a scheduled base salary of $1.25 million for 2005, an extension is important. No team would want to deal for Henry and then have him depart as an unrestricted free agent next spring.Further complicating trade negotiations is that Tennessee general manager Floyd Reese is attending his son's wedding this weekend and could be unavailable for bargaining.A tough and determined inside runner, with a pair of 1,000-yard seasons, Henry is an attractive back for both teams, in part because of the injury problems of their current starters. Brown has missed considerable playing time in both his seasons with the Titans and is currently recovering from a broken hand suffered this spring. Taylor had knee surgery in the offseason to repair what he said were two torn ligaments.Del Rio said Thursday that Jaguars officials were encouraged this week by the progress Taylor has recently demonstrated, but acknowledged the veteran back will practice only once a day, likely in shorts, for the opening stages of training camp.

How's this for news...LOL

Seahawks | Out of Running for Henry

Fri, 15 Jul 2005 09:39:26 -0700

Len Pasquarelli, of ESPN.com, reports the Seattle Seahawks appear to be out of hunt to trade for Buffalo Bills RB Travis Henry.

Titans | Appear to be Front-runner for Henry

Fri, 15 Jul 2005 09:29:18 -0700

Len Pasquarelli, of ESPN.com, reports the Tennessee Titans have made a more attractive proposal to acquire RB Travis Henry from the Buffalo Bills, and is the front-runner to obtain him. It's believed that the Titans have offered Buffalo a solid third-round pick that includes no conditions, but Tennessee has not been able to reach a contract extension with Henry.

Jaguars | More on Potential Henry Deal

Fri, 15 Jul 2005 05:46:21 -0700

Bart Hubbuch, of the Florida Times-Union, reports agent Hadley Engelhard said he is further along on a contract extension for Buffalo Bills RB Travis Henry with the Jacksonville Jaguars than any other team. "We've had really positive dialogue with Jacksonville in the past week," agent Hadley Engelhard said. "Considering he's from that part of Florida, Travis is very excited about the prospect of coming to Jacksonville." The compensation for Henry is not known, but a Buffalo radio station reported it could be a third-round pick that improves to a second-round choice if Henry reaches certain statistical benchmarks. The Tennessee Titans and Seattle Seahawks are still in contention for Henry's services. Head coach Jack Del Rio said the Henry trade discussions are not a reflection on the team's feelings about backup RBs LaBrandon Toefield, Chris Fuamatu-Ma'afala or rookie Alvin Pearman. RB Fred Taylor said last week that he would welcome Henry's arrival as long as Henry realizes the Jaguars "are my team".
I guess this is where Henry gets to choose where he would like to go. If two teams are vying for him this hard, and the only way they trade is if they have a contract extension in place, then Henry is going to get to make a decision.

:D - hope this is more likelyTitans | Appear to be Front-runner for HenryFri, 15 Jul 2005 09:29:18 -0700Len Pasquarelli, of ESPN.com, reports the Tennessee Titans have made a more attractive proposal to acquire RB Travis Henry from the Buffalo Bills, and is the front-runner to obtain him. It's believed that the Titans have offered Buffalo a solid third-round pick that includes no conditions, but Tennessee has not been able to reach a contract extension with Henry.

How is a straight up third better than the Jags offering a 3rd with a possibility for a 2nd?I guess the Titans may have a lower 3rd round pick, but still.

I gotta think Donahue s trying to play the sides against each other.I also bet that whoever wins this bidding war will be giving a 2nd rounder, not a third.

Talk about contradicticng reports

Henry trade to Jags could be imminentBy ALLEN WILSONNews Sports Reporter7/15/2005Travis Henry may not be with the Buffalo Bills much longer.Jacksonville Jaguars coach Jack Del Rio said Thursday that his team is attempting to trade for the veteran running back, and an announcement could be imminent."The fact that we have an opportunity to acquire a running back of this kind of talent is something we have to look at, so we're looking at it," Del Rio said in a statement released by the Jaguars. "This may or may not happen, but we're protecting our interests, and any time we think we can acquire somebody who can help us we're going to do that. It looks like it's coming to a head in the next few days or week."Unhappy being a backup to Willis McGahee, Henry has been seeking a trade since the end of last season. The Bills tried to grant Henry's request, talking to several teams before and after the April draft.But the Bills didn't receive what they wanted - at least a third-round draft pick - and decided to hold on to Henry until someone made an acceptable offer.It appears the Jaguars are prepared to make a deal, providing they can reach a contract extension with Henry, whose current deal expires at the end of this season. It is believed a trade would be contingent upon Henry getting a long-term deal.Henry's agent, Hadley Engelhard, did not return calls by The Buffalo News, but according to sources, he and the Jaguars have had contract discussions. Bills President and General Manager Tom Donahoe was not available for comment.The Jaguars are among a handful of teams that have shown interest in Henry, a two-time 1,000-yard rusher and one-time Pro Bowler. The Tennessee Titans and Seattle Seahawks have reportedly been in contact with the Bills in recent weeks.The Jaguars want Henry as insurance because they are concerned about the health of their star running back, Fred Taylor.Taylor had knee surgery in late January that was more serious than the Jaguars initially reported. The Jaguars said Taylor had a minor arthroscopic procedure, but Taylor admitted on a Jacksonville radio station that he had full cut surgery . It's uncertain whether Taylor will be ready for the start of the season.Henry also has dealt with some physical ailments, but missed just four games in three years as a full-time starter. Henry indicated earlier this year that he wanted to go play where he can be the starter. It doesn't appear likely the Jaguars would be pursuing him if they weren't going to give him an opportunity to be the number one back."The thing that makes Henry attractive is he's proved he can do it. Any time you have a chance to add somebody at a modest price, you have to look at it," Del Rio said.

How much you wanna bet that Donahoe leaked to Pasquarelli that the Titans offered a third to try to get the Jags to increase their offer to a conditional 3rd???Jags still will get Henry.

How much you wanna bet that Donahoe leaked to Pasquarelli that the Titans offered a third to try to get the Jags to increase their offer to a conditional 3rd???

Jags still will get Henry.
Something doesn't make sense to me...Titans offer

t's believed that the Titans have offered Buffalo a solid third-round pick that includes no conditions
Jags Offer
It could be a third-round pick that improves to a second-round choice if Henry reaches certain statistical benchmarks.
And now the titans are the front runner.Unless the rumours about what the Jags offered is wrong, then it doesn't make sense to me.

How much you wanna bet that Donahoe leaked to Pasquarelli that the Titans offered a third to try to get the Jags to increase their offer to a conditional 3rd???

Didn't the Jags not offer a 3rd with a conditional 2nd round if Henry meets a statistical goal.Thats whats being reported, so unless that isn't rue, I don't see how a dtraight up 3rd is better than the Jags' offer.
Well, the only way this report gets made is if Donahoe leaks it to get the Jags to up their offer. Since Donahoe knows that theyve reached an agreement with Henry on a long-term offer and want him more than ever, he is tightening the leash trying to get more. And he probably will.

Didn't the Jags not offer a 3rd with a conditional 2nd round if Henry meets a statistical goal.Thats whats being reported, so unless that isn't rue, I don't see how a dtraight up 3rd is better than the Jags' offer.
Well, the only way this report gets made is if Donahoe leaks it to get the Jags to up their offer. Since Donahoe knows that theyve reached an agreement with Henry on a long-term offer and want him more than ever, he is tightening the leash trying to get more. And he probably will.
I'm :confused: How does leaking out the Titans have offered a worse deal than the Jags going to make them change anything?

I'm :confused: How does leaking out the Titans have offered a worse deal than the Jags going to make them change anything?
Because I don't think the Jags have offered the conditional 3rd rounder yet, only a straight 3rd. Donahoe is trying to scare them.

I think that both teams have probably offered third rounders and the Bills are trying to make the Jags include the conditional 2nd rounder.Unless the Jags' offer is appreciably better, wouldn't you rather send Henry to the Titans?-Since they're in the AFC East, home of the Patriots, wouldn't Buffalo's best playoff chance really be a wildcard?-The Jags were 9-7 last year and in their 2 games without Taylor they were 0-2 and the offense was dismal. By sending him to the Jags they'd be helping out a WC contender.- The Titans were 5-11 last year and lost several key veterans and had numerous off-field incidents with other players. Don't you think that there's a good chance that Tennessee's draft slot next year will be earlier than Jacksonville's (even if you ship Henry to the Titans)?

I think that both teams have probably offered third rounders and the Bills are trying to make the Jags include the conditional 2nd rounder.

Unless the Jags' offer is appreciably better, wouldn't you rather send Henry to the Titans?

-Since they're in the AFC East, home of the Patriots, wouldn't Buffalo's best playoff chance really be a wildcard?

-The Jags were 9-7 last year and in their 2 games without Taylor they were 0-2 and the offense was dismal. By sending him to the Jags they'd be helping out a WC contender.

- The Titans were 5-11 last year and lost several key veterans and had numerous off-field incidents with other players. Don't you think that there's a good chance that Tennessee's draft slot next year will be earlier than Jacksonville's (even if you ship Henry to the Titans)?
But this is where Henry gets to have some say doesn't he?If he wanted to go to Jacksonville more, then he could have enormous contract deands from the Titans and never be able to reach a deal. Is that not possible?

Doesn't Henry have some power here in where he will end up.

I think that both teams have probably offered third rounders and the Bills are trying to make the Jags include the conditional 2nd rounder.

Unless the Jags' offer is appreciably better, wouldn't you rather send Henry to the Titans?

-Since they're in the AFC East, home of the Patriots, wouldn't Buffalo's best playoff chance really be a wildcard?

-The Jags were 9-7 last year and in their 2 games without Taylor they were 0-2 and the offense was dismal.  By sending him to the Jags they'd be helping out a WC contender.

- The Titans were 5-11 last year and lost several key veterans and had numerous off-field incidents with other players.  Don't you think that there's a good chance that Tennessee's draft slot next year will be earlier than Jacksonville's (even if you ship Henry to the Titans)?
But this is where Henry gets to have some say doesn't he?If he wanted to go to Jacksonville more, then he could have enormous contract deands from the Titans and never be able to reach a deal. Is that not possible?

I think the fact that Henry has reached a contract agreement with the Jags makes a trade there MUCH more likely. I can't see the Titans trading for Henry without a contract agreement.

-The Jags were 9-7 last year and in their 2 games without Taylor they were 0-2 and the offense was dismal. By sending him to the Jags they'd be helping out a WC contender.

- The Titans were 5-11 last year and lost several key veterans and had numerous off-field incidents with other players. Don't you think that there's a good chance that Tennessee's draft slot next year will be earlier than Jacksonville's (even if you ship Henry to the Titans)?

I think the fact that Henry has reached a contract agreement with the Jags makes a trade there MUCH more likely. I can't see the Titans trading for Henry without a contract agreement.
Has he reached a contract agreement? Where did you see that?If the Titans are offering more, would the Bills not just hold off on making any trade and let the Titans and Henry negotiate?

EDIT. NM...

ESPN.com has confirmed that the Jaguars earlier this week reached agreement in principle with Henry on a multi-year contract extension.

-The Jags were 9-7 last year and in their 2 games without Taylor they were 0-2 and the offense was dismal.  By sending him to the Jags they'd be helping out a WC contender.

- The Titans were 5-11 last year and lost several key veterans and had numerous off-field incidents with other players.  Don't you think that there's a good chance that Tennessee's draft slot next year will be earlier than Jacksonville's (even if you ship Henry to the Titans)?

Has he reached a contract agreement? Where did you see that?If the Titans are offering more, would the Bills not just hold off on making any trade and let the Titans and Henry negotiate?

EDIT. NM...

ESPN.com has confirmed that the Jaguars earlier this week reached agreement in principle with Henry on a multi-year contract extension.
Yea, and that is exactly where Henry has the power. He can refuse to negotiate with the Titans, which will make the Titans unwilling to give up a third to get him, which will force a trade to the Jags.From what I've read, it is clear that Henry wants to go to the Jags and not the titans. So, either the Titans trade for him without a contract extention (in essence renting him for the year) or he goes to the Jags. Its really that simple.

Users who are viewing this thread