What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Most Valuable Player in the NFL (1 Viewer)

Eminence

Footballguy
Let's say that hypothetically speaking that the NFL decided to 'restart'. In other words, every player would become a free - agent and there would be a draft to fill out every team's roster. You're favorite team is sitting at the coveted #1 Pick, who do you want them to take? Who is the most valuable player in the NFL?

Factor in age, position, etc.

Rodgers, if age wasnt an issue Brady.

Most valuable defensive player from ball so hard community college: Suh.

I think the fans would want someone like Rodgers. But I think there are some execs who might want someone like Joe Thomas or the best LT out there.

I think the fans would want someone like Rodgers. But I think there are some execs who might want someone like Joe Thomas or the best LT out there.
Maybe in the past. I think that QB is the #1 pick.If we went by position, it would look like this:QBLTNT/Interior D LinePass Rushing D Line / OLBSafetyCornerWRCenterMLB/WLBRBGuardI guess this would make its own good discussion.

Maybe in the past. I think that QB is the #1 pick.If we went by position, it would look like this:QBLTNT/Interior D LinePass Rushing D Line / OLBSafetyCornerWRCenterMLB/WLBRBGuardI guess this would make its own good discussion.
So says the fan. Who's to say who the GM's would pick? And by the way, you have Corner way too low on your list. :)

Besides the obviously elite QB Rodgers + Brees, when does the first skill player come off the board? Newton certainly has to make a claim for Top 10. Where does a guy like Cutler go? Is he more or less valuable than a shut-down corner like Darelle Revis; or a defensive stud like Suh?

'Buddy Ball 2K3 said:
Anyone see what happened in Indy without PM this past year?
How well do you think GB would have done had Curtis Painter, Dan Orlovsky and a way over the hill and unprepared Kerry Collins taken all of the QB snaps? On the flip side, give the Colts Matt Flynn this past season as their backup and I suspect they finish a lot better than 2-14. Even with Jim Caldwell. :lol:

#1 (maybe even every pick in the top 10!) has to be QBThe position is so important,Rodgers would be #1.
Every Madden (the gold standard of fake football bs) fantasy draft ever disagrees, first 5 picks are always defensive players, followed by the #1 RB, thats with 32 teams.

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe that is a good general ranking of positions, but it can break down when you look at individual players. I'm going back to Calvin Johnson here - there's no LT in the league that I would trade Calvin for. Stafford was a 5000 yard passer with Jeff Backus at LT because of Calvin. There's no way that happens with Joe Thomas or Jason Peters at LT and an average (being generous) WR in place of Calvin. And we're just talking about your top position here. A safety over Calvin, are you kidding me?

If you were redrafting the league and all 32 teams had to start over, how many QB's go before the first player at another position? You have to assume a serpentine draft.

Rodgers

Brees

Brady

E. Manning

Rothliesberger

Stafford

Rivers

Newton

Vick

Luck

Could the team with the 11th pick really take Calvin Johnson (my highest rated non QB) and take a chance that they get stuck with Colt McCoy or Mark Sanchez in the 2nd round?

If it was a restart draft the top 15 picks would all be QBs, maybe more. Nobody is going to pass up even a subpar young quarterback like Joe Flacco or Andy Dalton, and risk ending up with a guy like Caleb Haine leading their team.

Users who are viewing this thread