What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Mr. Roboto (1 Viewer)

Mr. Roboto

• The Best

Votes: 3 7.3%
  • Great

Votes: 9 22.0%
  • Good

Votes: 13 31.7%
  • Even

Votes: 3 7.3%
  • Bad

Votes: 7 17.1%
  • Terrible

Votes: 4 9.8%
  • The Worst

Votes: 2 4.9%

• Total voters
Styx has many better songs, but it's still a good song with some great melodies. Yeah, the robot thing is a bit hokey (or a lot hokey :lol:), but it seems to have held up well enough with the public to where even a Dennis DeYoung-less Styx now plays it every night (after ignoring it for nearly 20 years) because they know fans want to hear it.

The sad thing is my ex-father-in-law liked this album (Kilroy Was Here) so I heard it in its entirety several times — this and the other single (Don’t Let It End) are masterpieces compared with the other tracks. What dreck. And I like 1975-81 Styx for the most part.

I think the whole "paradise theater" arc they were trying to do would have been interesting if made by a "bigger" band. It was like a "genesis/Pink Floyd" level theme that never got fleshed out and then Mr. Roboto went too far the other way. Denis DeYoung played at a conference I went to (before his wife passed) and I was surprised how many songs I remembered and loved.

I was never a huge fan but I saw that tour at City Center in NYC in '83. Weird venue for a concert but this wasn't just a concert. It was a musical, a play and a concert all wrapped up in one. Very cool experience.

Users who are viewing this thread