What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

My Doctor scared the #### out of me. (1 Viewer)

Arizona Ron

Footballguy
I went to the doctor earlier in the week for a yearly checkup. The last time I saw him, my cholesterol was a little higher than normal; not high enough that I needed meds but just enough that I needed to change my diet. So, I stopped eating all pork, processed meats (e.g. hotdogs, sausages even if they were beef, pork or chicken) and I only eat very lean deli meats (not the crap they serve in Subway).

Anyway, while I’m talking to my doctor he says he hasn't done a full-scope test in a while so I said sure. This is where they test for everything including all STD. I get the blood work done on Wednesday and Thursday night I get a call on my way home from work:

Nurse: “The doctor would like to speak to you about your blood test results.”

Me: “About what?”

(aside) I've never had THE CALL, it's always a letter that gives the results.

Nurse: “We’re not allowed to discuss this over the phone”.

Me: “Well when can I come in?”

Nurse: “The next available appointment is next Thursday”

Me: “NEXT THURSDAY?!?!?! I CAN’T GO A WEEK STRESSING ABOUT THIS?”

Nurse: “I’m sorry sir but it’s the only opening we have”

Me: “I’ll be there tomorrow, goodbye”.

I'm distant. I can't help but think, "this is it, you've been gambling this long and now you've lost". I couldn't eat. I didn't sleep much. The only thing I could picture is walking in and seeing my doctor and a priest (although I'm pretty sure that's not how it's done). I drank myself to sleep thinking about how I've thrown my life away chasing selfish pleasures.

So this morning I go to the doctor’s office and (very nicely) demand to see my doctor. I’m a jittery wreck. They finally agreed to see me at 11:30; I went to my office, feeling numb. I just sat looking at my computer…I finally decided to just go back to the doctor’s office and sat the parking lot playing CoC to try to clear my mind and kill time; there was no point of trying to work.

They got me in around 11. Nurse checks the normal stuff, temperature, blood pressure and says my blood pressure was a little high (128/89), NO ####!!! I’M FREAKING OUT!!.

The doctor walks in with paperwork, the only thing that jumps out at me on the paper was “HIV”…I start shaking and blurt out “JUST TELL ME”.

My doctor very calm and routinely goes through the list of test results, “Negative”, “Negative”, “Negative”, “Negative”, “Negative”, “Negative”

I sigh in relief but I asked well why bring me in?

Doctor: “Your liver numbers, see here, were and little high and I wanted to know if you've been taking any supplements, excessive aspirin, or just too many over-the-counter meds?

Me: “I did a colon cleansing thing for a month."

Doctor: “Oh, well that will do it. Your numbers will be skewed while doing that. I have hardcore gym guys that have twice even triple these numbers because the go overboard on supplements. Oh, you’re cholesterol is great by the way; good job. Come back in a 3 or 4 months and we'll make sure those liver numbers even out. Happy Halloween!"

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm distant. I can't help but think, "this is it, you've been gambling this long and now you've lost". I couldn't eat. I didn't sleep much. The only thing I could picture is walking in and seeing my doctor and a priest (although I'm pretty sure that's not how it's done). I drank myself to sleep thinking about how I've thrown my life away chasing selfish pleasures.
I have a guess as to whether you've decided to change your life based on this revelation.

I have a guess as to whether you've decided to change your life based on this revelation.
I'm not sure if "change" is the right word. I do value it a more today.

DOCTOR: Well, I've got good news and bad news.

PATIENT: Give me the bad news.

DOCTOR: You've got 6 months to live.

PATIENT: :cry: Wait, what!?! What's the "good" news!?!

DOCTOR: Did you see the hottie receptionist out there? I'm doin' her. :thumbup:

If you had popped positive for something, which of your whores would have been the favorite to having giving you a STD? Please provide a complete list of your whores with the odds you assigned to them (as I have to imagine you went through his exersize already). TIA

Had a similar experience. Was traveling to Russia and I had to take a test to show I wasn't HIV Positive for my Visa. When I went into the doctor, I was starting to feel ill, so he did a throat scrape thingie to see if I had Strep throat. I came back in a couple of days later. Doctor came in and said, "Bad news. It's positive."

:jawdrop:

Jackass was talking about the Strep Throat test. What kind of doctor leads with Strep over HIV?!?

Anyway, glad you're all in the clear, GB!

If you had popped positive for something, which of your whores would have been the favorite to having giving you a STD? Please provide a complete list of your whores with the odds you assigned to them (as I have to imagine you went through his exersize already). TIA
I actually tried to do this one on an Excel spreadsheet once. I started with names, that didn't work. Then I tried to remember locations, that didn't work. Then I tried to remember an attribute, that didn't work.

I really have no idea.

Something similar happened with my son. He had a couple seizures so we got an EEG done. Nurse called the next day and said we needed to set up an appointment to discuss the results, how was next Tuesday? My wife went a little crazy with worry. Called the doctor's office a few times begging to get some details and finally the nurse said "I'm not supposed to tell you this, but it looks like epilepsy."

Bad news, but we were glad we didn't have to wait through a weekend to hear that. Really crappy when they pull stuff like this.

Just ran a panel myself.

Get the sheet of paper back and my eyes immediately go to the NEGATIVE Box. It's not checked. ####.
Look down at positive... not checked.

Nurse sees my somewhat panic stricken look and grabs the paper.... "OH Sorry! Oops! You're good" (checks negative)

Pretty sure she does that to everyone. <_<

PATIENT: :cry: :cry: Wait, what!?! What's the "good" news!?!

DOCTOR: Well, I've got bad news. You have AIDS.

PATIENT: :cry:

DOCTOR: It gets worse.

PATIENT: How could it get any worse, I have AIDS.

DOCTOR: You also have Alzheimer's disease.

PATIENT: Well, at least I dont' have AIDS.

Good to hear everything is fine, bud.

Yeah, I had my bloodwork done a couple weeks back and I wasn't worried about the HIV but you do get a little nervous in that time between getting the blood drawn and talking with the doc.

Yeah, I had my bloodwork done a couple weeks back and I wasn't worried about the HIV but you do get a little nervous in that time between getting the blood drawn and talking with the doc.
Yup. Was it Chris Rock who did a routine on that? Where you start thinking about every girl you've ever been with.

Yup. Was it Chris Rock who did a routine on that? Where you start thinking about every girl you've ever been with.
Absolutly did this. Actually said to myself, "her...that was the grimy ##### that gave me this ####"

You left out the part where you bent the nurse over the exam table and gave her the business and splooged in her hair. :(

PATIENT: :cry: :cry: Wait, what!?! What's the "good" news!?!

DOCTOR: Well, I've got bad news. You have AIDS.

PATIENT: :cry:

DOCTOR: It gets worse.

PATIENT: How could it get any worse, I have AIDS.

DOCTOR: You also have Alzheimer's disease.

PATIENT: Well, at least I dont' have AIDS.
DOCTOR: I have bad news. You have 9 to live.

PATIENT: 9? 9 what? :shocked:

DOCTOR: 8.

Last edited:
Never happened to me but it's happened to my wife . We got a voicemail Friday afternoon:

"Hi Mrs Tim this the the doctor's office. He needs to speak to you about your test- can you call us back?"

Naturally they're closed for the ####### weekend. Why do receptionists pull this ####? The wife freaked out all weekend playing it over and over again. By Sunday I swear she was dictating her will. Turns out there was a glitch and she had to give more blood for another test.

Last edited by a moderator:
Never happened to me but it's happened to my wife . We got a voicemail Friday afternoon:

"Hi Mrs Tim this the the doctor's office. He needs to speak to you about your test- can you call us back?"

Naturally they're closed for the ####### weekend. Why do recepti
You died mid-post, didn't you?

For what it's worth, Ron, doctors don't wait a week to tell someone with your sexual activity level he has AIDS.

Users who are viewing this thread