What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

My Stock Value Strategy Starts Now (3 Viewers)

If premarket is any indication, should see a bit of a bump in PRGN today
Unfortunately, no.PRGN has had this same action almost everyday. It opens (usually up a few pennies) then rapidly falls 10-15 cents and hovers there the rest of the day.It is like everyone thinks all night long that it should be higher and puts in buy orders. The next morning the dilution man sleeps in until the opening bell wakes him up. He puts in some limit sell order for 15 cents less than the opening and quickly drives the price down where it remains the rest of the day.So why are we not taking advantage of this? Because PRGN has us screaming and running scared like little school girls when Billy dropped his pants on the playground.

To all the paragon owners, what are your options on your position1. Dump it, take loss2. Hold it, wait it out until it comes back.3. Buy protective put (probably a little late here)4. Buy options (exposing yourself to more risk at a cheaper price)5. Write options or puts (if you can do so)6. Sell portion/keep portion7. Buy more shares and cost avg. down8.9.Think it through, you do have some alternate plans of action.
8. Hold it for a month and a half while it continues to tank, complaining to the shark pool everyday. Sell it during an alcohol induced stuper at half price. Watch it run up to $6 when the quarterly report says earnings are strong and the dilution is over.

Unfortunately, no.PRGN has had this same action almost everyday. It opens (usually up a few pennies) then rapidly falls 10-15 cents and hovers there the rest of the day.It is like everyone thinks all night long that it should be higher and puts in buy orders. The next morning the dilution man sleeps in until the opening bell wakes him up. He puts in some limit sell order for 15 cents less than the opening and quickly drives the price down where it remains the rest of the day.So why are we not taking advantage of this? Because PRGN has us screaming and running scared like little school girls when Billy dropped his pants on the playground.
I am buying into this FEAR. I now have 11K shares and plan on keep adding as it goes lower. They reported earnings August 9th last year. After dilution, they will have nearly $100M more in cash. They just banked their best profitable quarter ever. BDI is up so any new charters they booked will also be good news. They could easily be a take over target. They will pay 0.05 dividend if you hold through earnings. This is a slam dunk if there ever was one in my opinion. The only question is where is the bottom. My prediction is that we are within 10 cents of the bottom here now and this thing will flirt with $5.00 pre-earnings

bought 5,000 shares of PRGN at 3.96. How low can it go? Holding until the next earnings report if I need to. I think the company will start purchasing their own shares soon (if they are not already) to hold $4. Earnings will bounce this to $4.75 at a minimum I believe. I will likely keep adding every day until I am up to 30,000 shares by late July.
Why do you think they will buy back shares if they are trying to sell 10M shares at the same time? You way ahead of me on PRGN and the shippers in general, but I don't see the upside with such a large share offering.

i'll be re-entering paragon at 3.65. thought it might take a couple weeks to hit that but it could be within a week the way things are going.

bought 5,000 shares of PRGN at 3.96. How low can it go? Holding until the next earnings report if I need to. I think the company will start purchasing their own shares soon (if they are not already) to hold $4. Earnings will bounce this to $4.75 at a minimum I believe. I will likely keep adding every day until I am up to 30,000 shares by late July.
Why do you think they will buy back shares if they are trying to sell 10M shares at the same time? You way ahead of me on PRGN and the shippers in general, but I don't see the upside with such a large share offering.
Look at the volume since they announced the dilution? You don't think they have dumped the 10 million shares yet? I suspect it is 85-100% diluted already. I think they start buying back because it's easy money for them. If they buy now and then hold through earnings, it becomes a multiplier for them. People applaud their smarts and this in turn gives them even more cash on the books. 47 million shares x $4 share is less than $200M market cap. They will have over $100M in CASH. And they earn $20M a quarter. At what point does someone just buy this company and raid it's assets for a profit? I love that PRGN admitted at the Norway conference that they made a mistake selling more shares. They know they killed the momentum of this stock. That tells me they will not be diluting any more this year. As they pay down their debt, this company to me looks like the healthiest of the Shippers (DSX the other), yet this trades at way less P/E than DSX. If it can break above $5 and HOLD this next quarter, I see institutions buying in here. I am going to do a lot more research over the weekend, but I may dump everything I have and take an extremely strong position here in PRGN. I don't see a scenario where this loses money. If it pops to $5 from here, that is a ridiculous great return for holding for a 45 days.

OK men. I'm out for vacation for a week. No trading, no internet, only beer. Best of luck everyone.

I'm leaving my Investments in

Emerging Markets ETF 50%

International Markets ETF 25%

Gold/Silver etc 10%

Cash 10%

Trading account 5%

Only things in my trading account is Cash, 500 shares of HEB, and 4000 newly bought PRGN shares. In Dodds I trust.

I leave with the USD index at a 80.5 handle. This will be the first thing I look at when I return and I expect it to be lower then 80.

Look at the volume since they announced the dilution? You don't think they have dumped the 10 million shares yet? I suspect it is 85-100% diluted already. I think they start buying back because it's easy money for them. If they buy now and then hold through earnings, it becomes a multiplier for them. People applaud their smarts and this in turn gives them even more cash on the books. 47 million shares x $4 share is less than $200M market cap. They will have over $100M in CASH. And they earn $20M a quarter. At what point does someone just buy this company and raid it's assets for a profit?

I love that PRGN admitted at the Norway conference that they made a mistake selling more shares. They know they killed the momentum of this stock. That tells me they will not be diluting any more this year. As they pay down their debt, this company to me looks like the healthiest of the Shippers (DSX the other), yet this trades at way less P/E than DSX. If it can break above $5 and HOLD this next quarter, I see institutions buying in here.

I am going to do a lot more research over the weekend, but I may dump everything I have and take an extremely strong position here in PRGN. I don't see a scenario where this loses money. If it pops to $5 from here, that is a ridiculous great return for holding for a 45 days.
This is the real quesiton. I suspect (hope) your right. Hell I even just bought some because I happen to agree with your medium term outlook. My only question is will this touch $3.50 first. Your cash to share ratio is a very good point.

OK, I am certifiably insane. Added 2,000 more shares of HEB at 2.46. I am starting to have a great feeling about this one here. But people need to do their own due diligence. This could easily tank to less than a dollar if FDA approval is denied.

OK, I am certifiably insane. Added 2,000 more shares of HEB at 2.46. I am starting to have a great feeling about this one here. But people need to do their own due diligence. This could easily tank to less than a dollar if FDA approval is denied.
I'm still riding this one with you with 2320 shares at $2.73

i'll be re-entering paragon at 3.65. thought it might take a couple weeks to hit that but it could be within a week the way things are going.
Why not set a trailing stop at 3% or so for your PRGN buy and follow it down to get get a better price?
i'll slowly start entering at 3.65 and cost average down. I think there is still a bit of fat to be trimmed off paragon, but it starts getting attractive in the mid 3's.

I am buying into this FEAR. I now have 11K shares and plan on keep adding as it goes lower. They reported earnings August 9th last year. After dilution, they will have nearly $100M more in cash. They just banked their best profitable quarter ever. BDI is up so any new charters they booked will also be good news. They could easily be a take over target. They will pay 0.05 dividend if you hold through earnings. This is a slam dunk if there ever was one in my opinion. The only question is where is the bottom. My prediction is that we are within 10 cents of the bottom here now and this thing will flirt with $5.00 pre-earnings
I agree with everything you say. My problem is a lack of liquidity. I have no option but to complain and make jokes about myself.

Just sold about $5k in a mutual fund in my account. Should have about $11k sometime next week to play with once Fidelity allows access to the money.

Still holding my CENX position of 600 shares and just did an ACH transfer into my new Think or Swim account. Should be able to start trading again in 2-3 business days.

I am absolutely :o about my CHK options. Talk about abuse. I think this is six days straight in the red, with today being the most brutal of all.

:thumbup:

The stock market absolutely, positively hates me with a fiery passion.

Look at the volume since they announced the dilution? You don't think they have dumped the 10 million shares yet? I suspect it is 85-100% diluted already. I think they start buying back because it's easy money for them. If they buy now and then hold through earnings, it becomes a multiplier for them. People applaud their smarts and this in turn gives them even more cash on the books. 47 million shares x $4 share is less than $200M market cap. They will have over $100M in CASH. And they earn $20M a quarter. At what point does someone just buy this company and raid it's assets for a profit? I love that PRGN admitted at the Norway conference that they made a mistake selling more shares. They know they killed the momentum of this stock. That tells me they will not be diluting any more this year. As they pay down their debt, this company to me looks like the healthiest of the Shippers (DSX the other), yet this trades at way less P/E than DSX. If it can break above $5 and HOLD this next quarter, I see institutions buying in here. I am going to do a lot more research over the weekend, but I may dump everything I have and take an extremely strong position here in PRGN. I don't see a scenario where this loses money. If it pops to $5 from here, that is a ridiculous great return for holding for a 45 days.
I think them main problem with most of the shippers is that their property, plant and equipment assets are worth 40% of book.(for the newer ships) That is why companies like PRGN and SBLK had to get covenant waivers from their banks even though their balance sheets looked ok at first glance. You couple that with a prediction of declining rates in 2010 and you can paint a bleak picture for many of the shippers. If rates stay up the companies can earn their way out, but bks are possible for some of the weaker/over leveraged shippers if rates head down for an extended period.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am absolutely :X about my CHK options. Talk about abuse. I think this is six days straight in the red, with today being the most brutal of all.:wall:The stock market absolutely, positively hates me with a fiery passion.
:lmao:I feel your pain. Nigerian rebels bomb a huge pipeline and oil drops. :wall:

Bought some FAZ JUN 5 puts earlier today at 0.15 and sold at 0.35. Not a big play, but an easy few bucks.

Thinking about PRGN now

Bloomberg on my iPhone was showing PRGN as one of the most heavily shorted positions.

I am absolutely :X about my CHK options. Talk about abuse. I think this is six days straight in the red, with today being the most brutal of all.;)The stock market absolutely, positively hates me with a fiery passion.
:cry:I feel your pain. Nigerian rebels bomb a huge pipeline and oil drops. :wall:
Those first couple days I was making like $1k a day on this. And now I'm losing $1k a day. One of these things is not like the other.

I am absolutely :X about my CHK options. Talk about abuse. I think this is six days straight in the red, with today being the most brutal of all.;)The stock market absolutely, positively hates me with a fiery passion.
:cry:I feel your pain. Nigerian rebels bomb a huge pipeline and oil drops. :wall:
Those first couple days I was making like $1k a day on this. And now I'm losing $1k a day. One of these things is not like the other.
I hear you GB.

Sold 400 FEED @ $6.38. gain of $13.31 :nerd: Had a limit order in this morning to sell 1,000 CGA @ $7.98 but only 100 shares filled. Hopefully the rest will sometime today. Like this stock almost as much as FEED, but it can't seem to break thru $8.00. Can probably rebuy at a cheaper entry point.Considering unloading another 2,725 shares of FEED right now at around the break even point. Be nice to free up that cash to give me some flexibility to trade next week. I missed out on some good day trading opportunities this past week. I'll probably wait to see if the rest of my CGA sell fills.
Sold the rest of CGA throughout the day, gain of $888.38. Will look to re-enter at some point.Nice to have some cash to trade with next week.

St. Louis Bob said:
Otis said:
St. Louis Bob said:
Otis said:
I am absolutely :X about my CHK options. Talk about abuse. I think this is six days straight in the red, with today being the most brutal of all.:wall:The stock market absolutely, positively hates me with a fiery passion.
:coffee:I feel your pain. Nigerian rebels bomb a huge pipeline and oil drops. :wall:
I hear you GB.
We could have taken decent profits but that would have meant selling less than a week from when we bought. Not a bad thing, but not what i had intended for this position (sept. calls). I'm down 35%. I wish i had bought more than 1 protective put on rim this morning. The guys on fast money are saying there is a good chance this pulls all the way back to mid 60's. My calls are down 26% while my put is up 18%. Might buy a few more on monday. Thank god for apple and bac giving me some green on the ledger today.

Alias said:
David Dodds said:
Bloomberg on my iPhone was showing PRGN as one of the most heavily shorted positions.
why someone would short a value stock is beyond me. They could be right, but when this thing starts moving they could loss ny gains back in a blink of an eye. Reminds me of when I was betting against oil because of a bad inventory report, but oil was at $44/barrel. Guess what. Nothing else matters except that oil will rise which is exactly what happened. Do the math for next earnings of PRGN and determine the stock price. Unless you think they should have a P/E below 2.0, this thing is way under-priced.

Alias said:
David Dodds said:
why someone would short a value stock is beyond me. They could be right, but when this thing starts moving they could loss ny gains back in a blink of an eye. Reminds me of when I was betting against oil because of a bad inventory report, but oil was at $44/barrel. Guess what. Nothing else matters except that oil will rise which is exactly what happened. Do the math for next earnings of PRGN and determine the stock price. Unless you think they should have a P/E below 2.0, this thing is way under-priced.
they probably shorted it when all the dilution was announced. the same reason we all sold and ran

Yes I understand why someone would short it early on the dilution news. But now the dilution is likely inches from being over and the stock has already priced this dilution in. I think there should only be two real positions with PRGN now (love it now at these prices or believing it will go a little lower). You may not believe it will be rebound timely enough to want a position. But to short it when it's under $4 and worth so much more if the company was bought and raided is really taking an extreme path towards wealth accumulation in my opinion. That position could gain you pennies a share for awhile, but you likely will get burned for a huge loss eventually.

FYI for anyone watching Kerx. It was up 13% to today and almost all of it (10% or so) came within the last minute. Manipulation probably, but interesting nonetheless.

FYI for anyone watching Kerx. It was up 13% to today and almost all of it (10% or so) came within the last minute. Manipulation probably, but interesting nonetheless.
I bought KERX at .88 in after hours thursday evening. Watched it pretty much hover around .95 all day. Then it dipped and it finally kicked at the end to close at 1.03. Would love to hear thoughts on the rise.

Year to Date Profit = $148,535

Last Trades Realized Gains/Losses: Profit = +5765

FEED +8,995

CENX -3230

Holding:

7,000 CENX @ 7.15

400 CHK @ 22.77

3,000 HEB @ 2.50

16,000 PRGN @ 3.98

http://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/946...v152762_s3a.htm

In addition, as of June 8, 2009, we had approximately 42,000,000 shares authorized but unissued and unreserved. At our annual stockholders’ meeting to be held in June 2009, we are seeking approval of an amendment to our Certificate of Incorporation to increase the number of authorized shares of Common Stock from 200,000,000 to 350,000,000. If that approval is not obtained, the amount of proceeds we may receive from the sale of our Common Stock will be limited.
Does this mean anything? This is from an SEC filing from HEB dated June 18.

In addition, as of June 8, 2009, we had approximately 42,000,000 shares authorized but unissued and unreserved. At our annual stockholders’ meeting to be held in June 2009, we are seeking approval of an amendment to our Certificate of Incorporation to increase the number of authorized shares of Common Stock from 200,000,000 to 350,000,000. If that approval is not obtained, the amount of proceeds we may receive from the sale of our Common Stock will be limited.
Approval early next week :excited: They also removed the "we have not heard back from the FDA" lingo from their filing

http://finance.google.com/group/google.fin...42447051?hl=en#

Also, Mr Dickey...

On June 11, 2009, we hired Robert Dickey IV as a Senior Vice President.

Mr. Dickey, age 53, combines over 12 years of experience in biotech senior

management following an 18 year career as an investment banker. Mr. Dickey has

been a consultant to Hemispherx since November, 2008. Previously, he had been

involved in three biotech companies holding positions including CFO, COO, CEO

and board member. From 2007 through October, 2008, Mr. Dickey was Senior Vice

President, CFO and Business Unit Manager for StemCyte, Inc., an umbilical cord

stem cell therapeutics company. From 2005 to 2007, he was Vice President,

Finance and CFO of Locus Pharmaceuticals, Inc., a company involved in the use of

supercomputers to design drugs. From 2003 to 2005, he was President and Chief

Executive Officer of Protarga, Inc., a cancer company with a compound in Phase

III development. Mr. Dickey has been a member of the Board of Directors of

Protarga since 1996.

He has an undergraduate degree from Princeton University and an MBA from the

Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania.

Pursuant to his employment agreement, Mr. Dickey is employed as our Senior Vice

President. He will receive an annual salary at the rate of $275,000 per year and

will be entitled to annual bonuses in the discretion of our Board of Directors

of up to 25% of his annual salary. Mr. Dickey will receive four year options to

purchase up to 150,000 shares of our common stock at an exercise price of $2.81

per shares.
http://xml.10kwizard.com/filing_raw.php?re...p;ipage=6382849He took a rather stock heavy package and low salary

Might be a great time to get into UNG or nat gas plays in general. Strong support in the 14.8's, sma support too. The almost linear downtrend from August 08 till early May 09 is clearly broken, and the oil/gas ratio is hitting extreme highs. Dollar weakness too? Inflation trade?

Probably late to the party, but NG looks like a damn bargain still.

Anyone playing HUN with the lawsuit news?

Might be a great time to get into UNG or nat gas plays in general. Strong support in the 14.8's, sma support too. The almost linear downtrend from August 08 till early May 09 is clearly broken, and the oil/gas ratio is hitting extreme highs. Dollar weakness too? Inflation trade?

not playing HUN but I do find the whole thing very interesting. Here are some links for anybody playing it. http://dealbook.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/06/...huntsman-trial/

http://www.courtroomview.com/proceedings/h...ring-2009-06-11

not playing HUN but I do find the whole thing very interesting. Here are some links for anybody playing it. http://dealbook.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/06/...huntsman-trial/

http://www.courtroomview.com/proceedings/h...ring-2009-06-11
:( Got in thursday 150 @ 6.178--> just a technical buy. But the story is pretty compelling. For those who are already aboard, John Huntsman Sr. is reportedly charming the jury and the DB Director has been real standoffish. Not to mention that Huntsman was selling the business to pour money into/devote his time solely to the Huntsman Cancer Institute- which is his passion. Some CS analyst floated out some numbers last week that I read about (evidently via Jim Cramer :lmao: ) of a 200% upside if HUN wins and 50% downside if it loses. If the probability of HUN winning the case is >20% then statistically you're in the green.

would any of you guys be interested in some kind of pool where we each put in like 15-20 bucks and take fliers on OTC stocks.

I think it could be fun and if only one person made the trade and we just rotated who placed the trade or whatever we could try a bunch of different times and not get killed by trading costs. Some of the guys who dont have online trading accounts could get in on it too then. 200 bucks buys a lot of shares of stock valued at .001.

Could be more trouble than its worth, but as long as it was longtime posters I dont see any problems.

Approval early next week :thumbdown: They also removed the "we have not heard back from the FDA" lingo from their filing

Also, Mr Dickey...

Finance and CFO of Locus Pharmaceuticals, Inc., a company involved in the use of

Protarga since 1996.

President. He will receive an annual salary at the rate of $275,000 per year and

per shares.
http://xml.10kwizard.com/filing_raw.php?re...p;ipage=6382849He took a rather stock heavy package and low salary
I am convinced something big is brewing here. I am holding

Approval early next week :lmao: They also removed the "we have not heard back from the FDA" lingo from their filing

Also, Mr Dickey...

Protarga since 1996.

per shares.
I am convinced something big is brewing here. I am holding
The FDA is extremely good at not having "information leaks" about pending decisions, so no one knows anything ahead of time.HEB thus has 2 courses to plot, approval, and non-approval.

42M shares would be plenty if they are approved to raise all the cash they need.

I'd read their request to almost double their AS as a pretty strong indication of which way HEB feels the FDA vote is going to go.

Das Boot said:
The FDA is extremely good at not having "information leaks" about pending decisions, so no one knows anything ahead of time.HEB thus has 2 courses to plot, approval, and non-approval.42M shares would be plenty if they are approved to raise all the cash they need.I'd read their request to almost double their AS as a pretty strong indication of which way HEB feels the FDA vote is going to go.
My first thought was that this was pretty terrible news. That HEB thought bad news was on the way and they were going to try to get this crammed through. To raise cash before the bottom fell.But that didnt make any sense to me the more I thought about it. Why on earth would that VP even care about options at 2.81? Makes no sense if they were adding shares and going to be FDA rejected. Those options would be about as worthless as toilet paper. I also couldnt convince myself that this was really good news either. I honestly have no great theory, other than I think they may have received an approvable letter. This is a big fat speedbump. It would increase the overall likelihood that the drug will be approved eventually, but it does cause a delay. Possibly a lengthy one. This could explain the need to raise cash and also why the VP would still be willing to take the options. I dont think the company needs to release that they got an approvable letter until they want to. They wouldnt be able to lie though and say they hadnt heard yet, which could be why that statement has been removed. The longer we have to wait to hear anything at all increases the likelihood that they have received an approvable letter IMHO. I dont know much about them but what I can gather from a quick search is that it is basically saying we like what we see, but we just want to see a little more. I don't think this should be suprising considering what they want approval for.Just my thoughts.

Das Boot said:
The FDA is extremely good at not having "information leaks" about pending decisions, so no one knows anything ahead of time.
:unsure: anyone reading into things thinking the company has inside info on what the FDA is going to do is off base.they don't leak ANYTHING, to the public, to the company, to their husbands/wives, etc.

Das Boot said:
The FDA is extremely good at not having "information leaks" about pending decisions, so no one knows anything ahead of time.
:mellow: anyone reading into things thinking the company has inside info on what the FDA is going to do is off base.they don't leak ANYTHING, to the public, to the company, to their husbands/wives, etc.
I dont think we're talking nearly impossible leaks from the FDA anymore. HEB may have news in their hands already, but are picking their spot to release it.

Das Boot said:
The FDA is extremely good at not having "information leaks" about pending decisions, so no one knows anything ahead of time.HEB thus has 2 courses to plot, approval, and non-approval.42M shares would be plenty if they are approved to raise all the cash they need.I'd read their request to almost double their AS as a pretty strong indication of which way HEB feels the FDA vote is going to go.
My first thought was that this was pretty terrible news. That HEB thought bad news was on the way and they were going to try to get this crammed through. To raise cash before the bottom fell.But that didnt make any sense to me the more I thought about it. Why on earth would that VP even care about options at 2.81? Makes no sense if they were adding shares and going to be FDA rejected. Those options would be about as worthless as toilet paper. I also couldnt convince myself that this was really good news either. I honestly have no great theory, other than I think they may have received an approvable letter. This is a big fat speedbump. It would increase the overall likelihood that the drug will be approved eventually, but it does cause a delay. Possibly a lengthy one. This could explain the need to raise cash and also why the VP would still be willing to take the options. I dont think the company needs to release that they got an approvable letter until they want to. They wouldnt be able to lie though and say they hadnt heard yet, which could be why that statement has been removed. The longer we have to wait to hear anything at all increases the likelihood that they have received an approvable letter IMHO. I dont know much about them but what I can gather from a quick search is that it is basically saying we like what we see, but we just want to see a little more. I don't think this should be suprising considering what they want approval for.Just my thoughts.
I think this is it exactly what is happening. But for this guy to jump onboard, take all the options, there is also big news surrounding the approvable letter in my opinion. His major skillset is mergers and I do think someone like Merck could be waiting in the wings here based on use as as adjuvant. I am hopeful for a gap up on Monday where I will likely exit and look for a better spot after the dilution.

Users who are viewing this thread