What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

My Turn for Commish Dilemma (1 Viewer)

poopdawg

Footballguy
I am in the championship game and am in a bit of a pinch. Our league rules state there are no add/drops allowed after the playoffs start. I currently have Cecil Shorts on IR and in order to activate him, I need to drop someone. Does this technically count as an add/drop? Im not really adding anyone since he is already on my team, but I can see the other side of the argument. The other owner and I are friends and I might pose it to him but I wanted to see what the FBG brethren has to say about it. TIA......

It is an add because you used the IR designation to "drop" him without dropping him, enabling you to roster another player that you now have to drop to make room for him to be reactivated. You have to go by the book as a commish, IMO, regardless of whether you and your opponent are friends or not. Ask yourself how you would rule if it didn't involve you or your friend.

I am in the championship game and am in a bit of a pinch. Our league rules state there are no add/drops allowed after the playoffs start. I currently have Cecil Shorts on IR and in order to activate him, I need to drop someone. Does this technically count as an add/drop? Im not really adding anyone since he is already on my team, but I can see the other side of the argument. The other owner and I are friends and I might pose it to him but I wanted to see what the FBG brethren has to say about it. TIA......
Did you just mean no adds, or does it specifically say you can not drop anyone either? If it's no adds, I see no problem with this. But if it says no adds or drops, then I don't think you can do it, but that would be a weird rule.

Without a provision for the IR switch, you cannot activate him.

You need to tighten up that clarification in the off season.

As Commish you always have to defer to what is most conservative especially if it affects your team...

The rules state you are not allowed.

The real question is "how was Cecil Shorts on your IR?" Have some pretty loose IR rules huh?

The rules state you are not allowed. The real question is "how was Cecil Shorts on your IR?" Have some pretty loose IR rules huh?
Our rules state once a player is injured you can put him on IR, but can leave him on indefinitely. I agree with everyone here for the most part. Adding him back on my team even though I have him constitutes an add drop. Going forward, I wanted to get some clarification for next year. Thanks!

Definitely need to clean up your IR rules. Adding a guy from IR shouldn't be considered an add/drop. The way you have it now though, it's too open to interpretation. I would bring it to the league if you are the commissioner.

One of the many reasons why we did away with IR about 8 years ago. Just flat roster spots. If you want to keep an injured guy, go ahead.

The rules state you are not allowed. The real question is "how was Cecil Shorts on your IR?" Have some pretty loose IR rules huh?
Our rules state once a player is injured you can put him on IR, but can leave him on indefinitely. I agree with everyone here for the most part. Adding him back on my team even though I have him constitutes an add drop. Going forward, I wanted to get some clarification for next year. Thanks!
Ya injured players need to not be able to be on the IR. On a flip side do you have anyone else you can replace him with on IR then? Does questionable count then as being "injured for IR"?

My ESPN league allows us to put players into our IR spots any time they are declared Out. Not sure if this is a glitch or intentional.And you can keep them there as long as you want, until you want to add or drop anyone.

Last edited by a moderator:
You're screwed dude. While the intention of the was not to prevent teams from dropping players, you, as commissioner really need to err on the side of caution here. Also you need to tighten up the language in your rules. It needs to read 'No Adding players after the playoffs start.'Sorry for the bad news Broski.

You can't activate him (You probably should have activated couple weeks ago obviously)

And I'd have your league revise the add/drop language in the future. Ludicrous no add/drops during playoff time IMO. (If you don't trust owners not to make stupid roster moves, then you shouldn't have them in the league)

If your rules on IR are that loose, can't you move someone to IR in his place? Then you won't have to do a drop.

You're screwed dude. While the intention of the was not to prevent teams from dropping players, you, as commissioner really need to err on the side of caution here. Also you need to tighten up the language in your rules. It needs to read 'No Adding players after the playoffs start.'Sorry for the bad news Broski.
Its a work league but it is a good amount of money. In any case, the last thing I want to do is create issues at work. Again, I agree with most everyone here. Just want to get a good opinion of things going forward. For the record, I have A Johnson, V Jackson, and S Johnson as my WRs, but I was thinking of getting jiggy and starting Shorts in place of Johnson. As commish, I will bring this up next year, but will not bring this up this year. Thanks all!

Our league rules state there are no add/drops allowed after the playoffs start.
You answered your own question.
Agreed.I used to have this dilemma, but I changed the rule to allow adds/drops for all teams as long as they are still alive until the end of the season.Players get hurt, players get activated. Why punish owners for those types of things?Has worked out well since I made the change.

Users who are viewing this thread