What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

NCAA Basketball Thread - 2022-3 Season (2 Viewers)

ILL

Elite 8 👍 This game had no business being close. Awful foul shooting. Neither of these teams can compete with UCONN IMO but Illinois will at least have the best player on the court to have a slim shot.

Huge for the program
The stat the Illi made more free throws than their opponents attempted blew my mind.

Illinois/Iowa St: What prevails, Illinois great offense or Iowa St great defense. I like both of these teams, and they are both playing really well right now, but I want whoever has a better matchup with UConn to win. Not sure who that is quite yet, but leaning Illinois.
I don't know if Iowa St can beat Uconn, but I like their chances more than Illinois. Too man ways this Uconn team can beat you and Illinois hasn't even slowed down a good team all year. Cyclones have the d to disrupt Uconn enough to sneak past if they create some easy baskets off turnovers and hit enough of their 3's.

At this point, I'm not sure if anyone truly matches up well with UConn outside of possibly Arizona. Purdue and Creighton matchup size wise, Although I don't think either has the athleticism UConn does. But that is why they play the games. 2 quick fouls on Clingon and/or Newton early on could change the entire game. I'm praying for a revenge game scenario for San Diego St shocking the entire country tonight.
The real key for Purdue is for Lance Jones to have a good game and the continued emergence of their two best athletes Heide and Colvin. They have come on strong at the end of the year for freshman. Let’s see if they can make a difference down the stretch.
Lance has had some impact in the tournament but he seems like he peaked a month too early. Would be huge if he could get back to that. Still has been a big help vs press compared to this team last year.

That was a dandy!

Strong last 4 minutes of the first half was key. Then continued it to start the second half thanks to Kaufman Renn.

Jones kept them in it in the first half. Smith had his normal rock solid all around game.

IFFFF they can play like that Sunday it’s on to the Final Four.

State's offense had Marquette's defense all screwed up. Sure, Marquette could have taken better shots but - even had they made them - they couldn't get enough defensive stops to make a run.

I thought Purdue was in trouble when Gonzaga cut it to two (53-51, maybe?). Then Purdue just ran them out of the gym.

State's offense had Marquette's defense all screwed up. Sure, Marquette could have taken better shots but - even had they made them - they couldn't get enough defensive stops to make a run.

I thought Purdue was in trouble when Gonzaga cut it to two (53-51, maybe?). Then Purdue just ran them out of the gym.
That’s where this team is different. No real lapses tonight in the tournament and they responded every time a team makes a run.

Let’s gooooooooo!

That’s where this team is different. No real lapses tonight in the tournament and they responded every time a team makes a run.

Let’s gooooooooo!
I thought their defense played really well. Gonzaga can be a handful to defend.

Let’s gooooooooo!
I thought their defense played really well. Gonzaga can be a handful to defend.
Painter makes really good adjustments. The D really came on during the second half.

I've got TENN beating UCONN in finals. More worried about TENN getting past PUR than I thought I would be. Edey is a load for college defenders to deal with. And the rest of the team has really good spacing when they double him. TENN is gonna have to put up 85+

I’ve gotten my rear crushed betting this tournament but NCSU +6.5 is a lot higher than I figured it would be. Thought it’d be 3.5

Huge contrast in pace tonight with Bama and Clemson...will see who can play the game they want to. Bama has their hands full inside.

man these games have been pretty crappy
This whole tournament is boring. Can’t wait til they add another 32 teams.

The NCAA has managed to destroy basketball AND football in the same 5 year span. All because there is simply not enough money for all these schools. Let’s get more. And more. And more.

:x

This whole tournament is boring. Can’t wait til they add another 32 teams.
Thursday night games were all pretty good other than UConn.

Houston-atm, Marquette-Colorado, Dayton-Nevada, Oakland-Kentucky, Duquesne-byu, Kansas-Sanford, Colorado-Florida, Yale-Auburn were all really good and there were a few other good ones. Feels like There were a few more true blowouts than usual, but there were a lot of good ones

Yea it hasn’t been a memorable tournament at all really.

What exactly are we looking for here? We've got an 11 seed playing for a spot in the final 4. We had Kentucky lose to a 14 seed when some guy went nuts and hit ten 3's. We had a 102-100 game with a Kawhi Leonard buzzer beater that rolled around on the rim. We've still got some blue bloods alive but not too many where it's just chalky.

We can't have FGCU every year.

Users who are viewing this thread