What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

NCAA Basketball Thread - 2022-3 Season (1 Viewer)

Clark has been a TO machine this first quarter.
She’s not really dialed in from long range either but keeps shooting them. She may need to look to drive more and either take it to the rim or kick it out to her teammates.

That one went in....
Not really sure which one of the 9 she’s made you’re referring to.

She reminds me of Steph Curry. The way she can hit from ridiculously deep. All the crazy angles she can shoot from. How she gets shots off even over length. And she also has a great handle and can take it to the rim when she needs to. She also has great vision and can make the elite pass as well.

This is only the second time in my life I have ever intentionally turned on a women's basketball game. The first was when UCONN's winning streak was broken (South Carolina, I think?).

This is fun.
This is my first

Going to make you join a women's bracket next year with me. Watch Juju Watkins next. She is a frigging STAR! And in your backyard.
In the highlights I’ve seen, she’s super fluid

Lol....Rebecca Lobo just trashed the city of Albany. :lmao:

Been there, she's right.
Why does Albany have an arena like that? Who plays there?

My twins asked me that yesterday and I had no answer. I was flummoxed.

I stayed there once with JTC when we hit Saratoga Springs for horses. We ate at an Outback. That is all I remember about Albany. The races were great!

Tough game for LSU’s Hailey Van Lith, a transfer from Louisville (and I remember her playing well there). She played poorly on the offensive end, and had no luck containing Clark.

NC ST Women run into 36-0 S.Carolina, the men's team runs into Edey & Purdue.

UCONN men are 11.5 fav's over Bama and the women facing Ms. Clark & Iowa

Tough game for LSU’s Hailey Van Lith, a transfer from Louisville (and I remember her playing well there). She played poorly on the offensive end, and had no luck containing Clark.
Honestly, she looked like she had barely played basketball before. Tough matchup.
In her defense, she was ill and not 100%. But I agree; having her cover Clark, often on an island makes that even more head scratching since she was a liability on both sides of the floor.

Great game for sure.

Last night was great entertainment ..including the ESPN studio crew. Really looking forward to Friday night’s games and, then, the championship.

I think I've been converted to watching, at least this year.

The studio crew really adds nothing for me

YMMV

Last edited:
Honestly, she looked like she had barely played basketball before. Tough matchup.
In her defense, she was ill and not 100%. But I agree; having her cover Clark, often on an island makes that even more head scratching since she was a liability on both sides of the floor.

Great game for sure.
Didn’t realize she was ill - that makes sense. It also makes the defensive gameplan bizarre, as you note.

This game was over IMO once Reese got hurt in the 2nd quarter. She wasn’t the same afterward, and LSU just isn’t on par with the best without Reese.

Media making noise about LSU womans team not being on the court for the national anthem.
If the team (or coach?) is doing this to make a statement, shame on them. If they are holed up in the locker room as some type of a "competitive advantage" ... then also shame on them.
It seems like the governor has been embarrassed by the team representing his state.
Gov Threatens Scholarships
Some reports saying that the LSU womans team is never on the floor for the national anthem ... including at last years championship game.
If that is the case, I'm not sure why it's a story now and wasn't back then.

The reality of the situation was actually much less controversial. Reporter Chessa Bouche — who’s covered the team for three years — noted that the Tigers are never on the court during the anthem. In fact, the football team also goes to the locker room during its season.

Most NCAA teams are not on the court for the anthem, they are in the locker room after warmups to get ready for introductions and game time. It's a story about nothing.
I thought the same. I had season tickets to MD for years and I don't recall the teams being on the court until after the Anthem was played. My memory sucks these days, though.

Media making noise about LSU womans team not being on the court for the national anthem.
If the team (or coach?) is doing this to make a statement, shame on them. If they are holed up in the locker room as some type of a "competitive advantage" ... then also shame on them.
It seems like the governor has been embarrassed by the team representing his state.
Gov Threatens Scholarships
Some reports saying that the LSU womans team is never on the floor for the national anthem ... including at last years championship game.
If that is the case, I'm not sure why it's a story now and wasn't back then.

Shame on them.

lol @ the governor of Louisiana threatening the LSU women's basketball team with scholarship reductions. Breaux, you got no sway and the voters will crucify you for trying to touch their championship winning team.

BREAKING: UConn does not have a plane to fly to Arizona at the moment, Dan Hurley tells
@CBSSports. Was supposed to take off at 6 ET, logistical/mechanical issues with the plane coming in from Kansas City forced significant delays. NCAA handles all trace for NCAAT.

The issue for UConn (among many) is crew flying plane from KC would be over their FAA hours and can’t fly UConn immediately to Arizona. UConn’s earliest option is to get a smaller plane via Cincinnati that won’t take off until 12:45 am ET and not land until nearly 5 am ET/2 am PT

The plane from Cincinnati would require a fuel stop because it’s smaller. The Huskies are going to get to Arizona with hours to spare before Thursday media availability. They have tried for an hour working every charter possible, but nothing is available for the next five hours.

UConn remains in limbo and waiting on its earliest flight, but barring a stunner, it’s not getting out until we’ll after midnight and will have to stop somewhere to refuel. If it waits on the plane from Kansas City, per Hurley, that crew can’t fly until 10 am ET on Thursday.

Obviously a travel disaster for the No. 1 overall seed. All other teams are on the ground in Arizona. Alabama and Purdue got in yesterday, NC State just landed in the past hour.

Users who are viewing this thread