What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

NCAA HOOPS THREAD! -- K petitions to get Maui Jim Maui Invitational moved to Transylvania (1 Viewer)

Who is worse?

• Total voters
TLEF316 said:
We're gonna lose the tournament.. God forbid I have 1 thing to enjoy. I ask for 3 weeks a year 
I'm a Seton Hall alumnus - first time we have a legit title shot in a loooonnnnnggg time. Obviously there are worse ramifications but this just sucks.

CletiusMaximus said:
Odds that this Washington State v Colorado game is the last college basketball game this season? 
I bet WSU on the money line last night.  If that's the last game, it was a memorable one for me.  I worked for Kyle Smith's dad for 8+ years.  Weird listening to Bill Walton talk about Kyle and his dad on the air.  Happy they got the W but overall, just feel empty in the wake of everything that's happening.  :(

I'm watching St. John's-Creighton because it's probably the last game for a while.  Fox has done a good job placing microphones because it still sounds like a regular game.

I wouldn't be surprised if it's cancelled at halftime.

My guess is the NCAA tournament has not been cancelled yet because they are scrambling to try and postpone it a month or two.  

Bennett Conlin

@BennettConlin

Breaking: The NCAA Division I men's and women's basketball tournaments, as well as all remaining winter and spring NCAA Championships are canceled. Not postponed, but canceled.

Bennett Conlin

@BennettConlin

Breaking: The NCAA Division I men's and women's basketball tournaments, as well as all remaining winter and spring NCAA Championships are canceled. Not postponed, but canceled.
Really sucks for a kid like Sabrina Ionescu.  2019 Wooden Winner who would have been the top pick in the WNBA pens an open letter after her team lost to Baylor in the Final Four announcing she was coming back because she and the Ducks had 'unfinished business'.  Her Ducks had an historical season and her team was poised to make another deep run in the tournament.  If you read the letter, you can see the impact Kobe had on her....his passing really hit her hard.  And now this.  

This isn't fair to any of the kids being impacted.  But my god, do I feel for Sabrina Ionescu.  :(

When we talk about financial impacts - this has to be among the toughest - because there is no easy way for colleges to recoup this revenue.

I imagine the bigger universities will be hitting up the boosters for extra cash - but until the market rebounds, even that might be a tough ask.

Ultimately, students and their families will have to pick up the tab.

(Not questioning the decision, at all.  Just noting some of the costs associated with the decision, and who will ultimately have to pay those costs.)

Im scheduled to take my traditional days off next week. Trying to decide if it will be more depressing to go into the office or stay home with nothing on to watch.

Watch the weather be ####ty now so I can't even play golf or something

I was really hoping they would at least announce the field to make the season worth something. 

I've been waiting almost 20 years to hear Rutgers name called, since my freshman year, and know plenty of others who have been patiently waiting since 1991. 

I know it's nothing in the grand scheme of things but it sucks when looking at it through that kind of perspective. 

I was really hoping they would at least announce the field to make the season worth something. 

I've been waiting almost 20 years to hear Rutgers name called, since my freshman year, and know plenty of others who have been patiently waiting since 1991. 

I know it's nothing in the grand scheme of things but it sucks when looking at it through that kind of perspective. 
That does suck. I feel bad for Rutgers and their fans

Holy crap - can you imagine the arguments from the teams that get snubbed, in a year when the tourney was cancelled?  

Let sleeping dogs lie.  Let everyone assume they made it...

Sinn Fein said:
Holy crap - can you imagine the arguments from the teams that get snubbed, in a year when the tourney was cancelled?  

Let sleeping dogs lie.  Let everyone assume they made it...
Rather people argue about bids than 90% of the political arguing going on right now. 

Waitresses in new Rochelle better watch out
Wait. Wait. Wait. Iona is located in New Rochelle? The effing epicenter of corona in the USA. The writers have outdone themselves with this one. We're back! 

RP is going to be his own stimulus package to the strippers in New Rochelle. Great news for everyone.

Lack of PT I'm sure. Washington who cares but Goodine and Carey were top recruits. JG3 and Buddy were likely to get lionshare of minutes. Boeheim just likes to let starters play. Love both guys but each were liabilities on top of zone. Can't fix lack of size/speed.

The Man With No Name said:
Dayton has only 1 senior so they could be up there again next year (if there is basketball).
their best player is not a senior and will be leaving for the NBA.  doubt they can get close to this again.

Any reason CBS shouldn't be seriously considering just airing an old tourney during this year's time slots?

With the otherwise complete abscence of sports right now I really think it would draw pretty good ratings.

Any reason CBS shouldn't be seriously considering just airing an old tourney during this year's time slots?

With the otherwise complete abscence of sports right now I really think it would draw pretty good ratings.
I think that they have been.  I think that they showed the 2016 big 10 championship the other day.

ok, I guess not: https://deadline.com/2020/03/cbs-schedules-network-programming-canceled-ncaa-mens-basketball-tournament-1202882304/

I assume that it is ultimately up to what the advertisers want and I’m not sure that old games really would get that much of a rating.  Does espn classic even still exist?  Most people just want things that are new and dramatic.

though I would think that some new programming around the old games could rate.

Last edited by a moderator:

Would be awesome to show classic games, interviews players/coaches about them, etc. 

C'mon, you really think the UMBC-Virginia game would top Bob ❤️'s Abishola?

Users who are viewing this thread