What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Need closer help (1 Viewer)

anakin

Footballguy
10 team standard 5X5 roto daily league w/ two corner IF (1/3, 2/ss) 3 OF 1 Util 3 SP 2 RP 2 P

C-Wieters, 1B-M Cabrera, 2B-Hendrick,3B-A-Rod, SS-Alexei, 2B/SS-Sc Sizemore, 1B/3B-Butler, OF-J Upton, Werth, A Jones, Util-Rios

Bench-J Pierre, C McGehee

P-Haren, Verlander, Nolasco, Gallardo, Price, Jurjeins, Kuroda, W Davis, Matusz

RP-M Gonzolez, Feliz ( I know I am hurting at RP, wanted Happ so I would have starters in all 7 Ps)

Available on waivers: Frasor, Downs, Guerrier, Gregerson, Lindstrom, Holland, Masterson, Myers, Bard

Would drop Wade Davis for one of them

I would wait until Heath Bell is traded. You said Gregerson is on the ww, what about Mike Adams? He's the one to own if Bell is traded, not Gregerson. I think Wade Davis could carry a lot of trade value this year if he starts out well. Besides, don't you have someone else you can drop over Davis when the time comes? I personally wouldn't want any of those relievers you mentioned as possible closers, except maybe Frasor down the line. Even though some of them are good relievers, most won't be closers anytime soon.

Is there an innings max?

That answer depends on what exactly you should do but regardless Wade is not the guy to dump. He's at least 4th or 5th.

Is there an innings max?That answer depends on what exactly you should do but regardless Wade is not the guy to dump. He's at least 4th or 5th.
No innings max and who would you dump?

Last edited by a moderator:
Is there an innings max?That answer depends on what exactly you should do but regardless Wade is not the guy to dump. He's at least 4th or 5th.
No innings max and who would you dump?
Whatever bats you you don't plan on starting, in a league this shallow a replacement OF can be found rather easily. Your MI is pretty mediocre, I'd keep the ones with upside and dump McGehee. If your upside guys don't pan out you can find a replacement that will net similar stats to McGehee.Since there isn't an innings max I wouldn't touch any of your SP's but if you were to dump one it'd be Kuroda first and Jair second before I'd considering dumping Wade. Add Downs and Lindstrom for now, but be ready to constantly play waivers. If Morales is available I'd add him instead of Lindstrom since Lyon has looked decent in his first couple games.

Jays leaning toward Jason Frasor as closer

Blue Jays manager Cito Gaston said Friday that he's leaning toward handing closing duties to right-hander Jason Frasor.

If that's how it truly pans out, Kevin Gregg and Scott Downs will be relegated to setup duties. Frasor, 32, has a 6.75 ERA in 5 1/3 innings thus far this spring. Gregg has a 5.40 ERA in five innings and Downs has a 3.00 ERA in six innings. Of course, those sample sizes are far too small to make any sort of decision. Gaston's mind was probably made up in February. Mar. 26 - 4:37 pm et

Source: Jordan Bastian on Twitter

Jays leaning toward Jason Frasor as closer

Blue Jays manager Cito Gaston said Friday that he's leaning toward handing closing duties to right-hander Jason Frasor.

If that's how it truly pans out, Kevin Gregg and Scott Downs will be relegated to setup duties. Frasor, 32, has a 6.75 ERA in 5 1/3 innings thus far this spring. Gregg has a 5.40 ERA in five innings and Downs has a 3.00 ERA in six innings. Of course, those sample sizes are far too small to make any sort of decision. Gaston's mind was probably made up in February. Mar. 26 - 4:37 pm et

Source: Jordan Bastian on Twitter
Makes my day :lmao:

Users who are viewing this thread