What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Need Help - Naming Our Larger Footballguys Community (1 Viewer)

Joe Bryant

Guide
Staff member
Hi Folks,

Need some help. I'd like to have a fun, clear, clever name that we can call our Footballguys Community for all our subscribers. Not just our forums.

My friends at The FantasyFootballers call their subscribers "The Footclan". And that's fun.

I'd like something for us. Sometimes you see it with music bands where the community has names like "Deadheads" for the Grateful Dead or a fun one I discovered yesterday with "Sheerios" for fans of Ed Sheeran.

Ideally, it would be something that flows easily when I ask people to "Join the __________".

We've used several over the years sort of informally. Shark Pool (for the NFL forum), Footballguys Family and such. But wondering if we could do better.

Throw out ideas you have here. Or PM me if you want to keep it private.

If we use your idea, we'll give away a 1 year Hall Of Fame Premium subscription. If multiple people enter the same name that wins, the person who sends it in first wins.

Thanks!

And to be clear, I'm talking about a name not for the forum. I"m talking about the larger community that is all the people who purchase a Footballguys Premium Subscription or join the Footballguys Daily Email Update mailing list.

FootBoomerGuys or "Guys who don't know how to use free AI?" :) I kid, I'm a kidder. . . mostly.

And to be clear, I'm talking about a name not for the forum. I"m talking about the larger community that is all the people who purchase a Footballguys Premium Subscription or join the Footballguys Daily Email Update mailing list.
Seems like you already have a name. :coffee:

Agreed. I just was thining it might be fun to have a name for the community that was different than the actual name of the site.

That works fine. Was just wondering if we might could do better.

I like that you're asking for input, Joe. But this is not how I would define a "community".

Hi Folks,

Need some help. I'd like to have a fun, clear, clever name that we can call our Footballguys Community for all our subscribers. Not just our forums.

My friends at The FantasyFootballers call their subscribers "The Footclan". And that's fun.

I'd like something for us. Sometimes you see it with music bands where the community has names like "Deadheads" for the Grateful Dead or a fun one I discovered yesterday with "Sheerios" for fans of Ed Sheeran.

Ideally, it would be something that flows easily when I ask people to "Join the __________".
"The Hive" or "FBG Hive"
Simple and effective.
Instills a sense of community, "buzz", and productivity.
(yes, I understood the assignment)

Agreed. I just was thining it might be fun to have a name for the community that was different than the actual name of the site.

Sharks. That’s the other name that’s already applied to people on the site and it isn’t the name of the site. Anything completely new is going to sound forced given that the site has been around for so long,

Sharks. That’s the other name that’s already applied to people on the site and it isn’t the name of the site. Anything completely new is going to sound forced given that the site has been around for so long,
I feel like if something weird starts getting trotted in daily e-mails, I’m going to feel like Mean Girls: “Stop trying to make [fetch] happen. It’s not going to happen.”

Users who are viewing this thread