What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Need help with a WR swap - Amari for Hilton + (1 Viewer)

chris_dub

Footballguy
This is a big money, 14-team semi-dynasty league with some salaries and contracts. Standard scoring with .5 PPR. I am 1-3, but only because my opponents every week have lit it up. I have 3rd highest pts scored in the league, but most against by 30 pts. I should compete this year as the standings are still wide open. I need to shore up my flex spot as D-Jax is not getting it done, and I will have to deal Amari to do that. The offer is:

I give Amari Cooper ($2/3 years left) and Dak Prescott ($2/4 years left)

I get TY Hilton ($10/3 years left) and Sterling Shepard ($0/4 years left) *Drafted rookies have an escalated pay scale every season

He also has Mike Evans, so I've been trying to get Evans instead of Hilton, but he is not budging. We've tried a bunch of different offers, but this is what he is staying with. Am I being too greedy trying to get Evans, or is this fair value right now and moving forward?

My starting lineup:

QB: Matt Ryan (Carson Palmer, Dak Prescott, Jimmy Garroppolo)

RB: CJ Anderson, DeMarco Murray (Ryan Mathews, James White, Dwayne Washington, Ronnie Hillman, Chris Johnson (IR) )

WR: AJ Green, Amari Cooper (Quincy Enunwa, Brandon LaFell, Kenny Stills, Adam Humphries, Jaron Brown, Jermaine Kearse, Braxton Miller)

TE: Kyle Rudolph (Martellus Bennett, Austin Hooper, Maxx Williams)

FLEX: DeSean Jackson

Hilton would replace Amari in starting lineup and Shepard would replace DJax in flex spot. Is this fair value for Amari?

Last edited by a moderator:
I probably make this trade. Losing Dak hurts your dynasty QB depth, but this is also the easiest to fix at a later date. Hilton and Cooper have equal value IMO (especially .5 PPR) so getting Shepard is icing on the cake if you believe he's the real deal (I do).

My main concern is this may be too cheap for Amari. He is in a bit of a slump right now and has only flashed his potential periodically. I feel the return is good right now, but could be better if I hold off a bit longer. 

Users who are viewing this thread