What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Need opinion on a trade offer (1 Viewer)

djkidd

Footballguy
8 team league. 22 players on each team. 12 offensive categories (runs, hits, doubles, triples, HRs, RBIs, stolen bases, walkes, K's, total bases, errors, and batting average) are scored and 12 defensive categories are scored (Wins, losses, innings pitched, complete games, shutouts, saves, hits, earned runs, walks, k's, era, and whip)

Someone is offering me CC Sabathia and Bobby Abreu for Ryan Braun. Normally I'd take it in an instance, but sometimes N.Y. eats players alive and they don't do as well, and Abreu doesn't seem to be the player he used to be...but that may have just been a fluke. Obviously a 2 for 1 could be beneficial to me...I don't want to go through the rest of my team, but I can say that my pitching didn't do well this week and could use a #1. But I thought I'd see what other people thought.

TIA

In this instance, I will instantly reject the trade.

In an 8 team leeg you can get pitching all day long. Braun numbers? not so much

In this instance, I will instantly reject the trade.In an 8 team leeg you can get pitching all day long. Braun numbers? not so much
I guess I should add, for informational purposes that the lineups are: c, 1b, 2b, 3b, ss, of, of, of, of, util and then 3 starting pitchers, 2 relievers and then 2 additional pitchers and each team has to make at least 35 innings pitched. So each team usually has at least 5 starting pitchers (more on the bench), so really good pitchers aren't readily available either. But I do understand what you're saying.

My philosophy is, one or two good pitchers don't do it for you. Either you're an overwhelming advantage pitching, and if CC will put you over the top with that, I say do it. If you're doing it because you need pitching, CC won't make a difference in the scheme of 35 innings each week, especially once he starts making the runs through the AL East.

However, I'm a Braun owner and concerned about his oblique, watched quite a few of his swings since Wed/or Thurs(the last SF game) and he hasn't looked good. I know he had like 3 doubles in those first few games, and he's very hot and cold, but in the right deal, I would move him. On the surface though, this doesn't look like the right deal. Abreu is just neglible, he's waiver fodder in a 8 teamer.

Users who are viewing this thread