What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** Need Your Help Please: Cutting over to new site design Monday 4/29 (1 Viewer)

Joe Bryant

Guide
Staff member
Hi Folks, It looks like we're going to be cutting over to our new Footballguys site design Monday afternoon 4/29. It's been a ton of work and we've tested a ton but I'm nearly certain we'll find things we need to fix. I'd really appreciate your help if you could let us know in this thread as you find problems. And please, at least for this thread, let's keep it to specific practical problems you're having using the site. Not that you hate the look of the redesign. What we need to know are specific things that aren't working. Something like that the menus aren't working on Firefox on a Mac. Or the margins are screwed up on IE 8 on a PC. That kind of stuff. Please be as specific as you possibly can including browser and edition of the browser if you know it and also what type of operating system. We've already found several things and I'm sure we'll find more. We really appreciate your help on this as we work to get the site as usable as we can for you. Also - we realize the site currently isn't optimal for phones. That's the next step we should have ready soon with a responsive design. Thanks. J

Last edited by a moderator:
How about providing a sample picture as to what it should look like so there is a picture to compare things to?

Not sure if you have one right now but link a picture in your post. Then, descriptions might be easier to understand if there is something not looking right.

On the iPad I can not access the shark pool through the drop down menu on the home page. The drop down menu appears but when I tap the shark pool it simply resets the page and does not take me here. If I scroll down the page the link to the shark pool does work

On the iPad I can not access the shark pool through the drop down menu on the home page. The drop down menu appears but when I tap the shark pool it simply resets the page and does not take me here. If I scroll down the page the link to the shark pool does work
I'm having a similar problem. On my iPad (iPad 3, IOS 6.1.2, using Safari), I can't select anything from the drop-down menus. Since there is no "hover over" on a touchscreen, standard behavior on the iPad is that you click the drop-down once to make the menu appear, and then either click one of the items in the menu or click the drop-down a second time to go to the splash page for that category. Current behavior is that I click on the menu and it pops up briefly, but before I have a chance to select any items, it closes the menu and loads the splash page that corresponds to that menu (as if I had clicked on the menu twice).

On the pages that still use the old site design, this is not a problem. For instance, the splash page for the "Stats" tab still uses the old site design. When I'm on this page, I can click any of the menus and the drop-downs will appear and persist. When I'm on the splash page for the "Community" tab (which uses the new site design), none of the drop-downs work- the drop-down menu opens, closes immediately, and take me to the splash page instead.

So far the pages which have the new design (and therefore the pages where drop-downs don't work) are the "Home", "Articles", and "Community" tabs. The pages which have the old design (and therefore the pages where drop-downs still work) are "Contests", "Free", "Forecast", "News", "Stats", "Tools", and "MyFBG".

All drop-downs function fine on all pages on my Mac (also using Safari).

Clicking on the Latest tab redirects to the top of the home page.

Clicking on 2012 Archives under the Articles tab leads to 404 error.

I visited the site, and since I wasn't logged in I entered my login info at the top. It then took me the page with all of last year's content, and in the old design to boot. Seems like that should maybe take you back to the home page as signed in, and to a place with current info. Not sure if that's helpful or not.

Not really about the format but I like the way the Bloom 100 write up was done.

A little sad to see Black-Eyed Joe's friends relegated again (though it is a cleaner look).

-QG

Windows XP, Google Chrome v24.0.1312.60 m

The menus up top ("Home", "Articles", "Community", etc.) are misaligned causing some to be displayed "under" the "Win.Your.League." banner.***

Also, the "MyFBG" banner claims that it's "100% Free" but when you click through it goes to the subscriber log-in page.

***ETA: The menus up top seem to be misaligned on every page that uses them. Also occurs in Google Chrome on Windows 7.

iPhone 4S (not sure what system it runs). Is there a "back" button with the Mobile App? I always have to go back to Forums-Shark Pool, etc.

Also, How do I exit the app to make sure it stops using data? does it just end automatically when I go back to my home screen? My Android had the End App option.

iPhone 4S (not sure what system it runs). Is there a "back" button with the Mobile App? I always have to go back to Forums-Shark Pool, etc. Also, How do I exit the app to make sure it stops using data? does it just end automatically when I go back to my home screen? My Android had the End App option.
Regarding your last question: go to your home screen. Double click the home button- a tray should pop up at the bottom of the screen with all active apps. Press and hold one of these apps until all the apps start shaking. Hit the red minus like you're going to delete the app. Don't worry, as long as you're in the tray, this doesn't delete anything, it just closes the app.

No issues for me so far with the re-designed format, but I have issue with content gone missing. Back when the last re-design was done the Old School Java Script Schedule Maker went missing. After requesting, it was brought back and accessible from the Tools Menu.

Now another re-design and the Old School Java Script Schedule Maker goes missing again. PLEASE return it to the Tools Menu. It is the only schedule maker I use as it's the only one that provides me with exactly what I want for my league. I've been using that schedule maker for the past 12 years and would like to continue using it.

Thanks, Rody

edit: Thanks to Memphis Foundry I was able to access the schedule maker through a link he provided me. Thanks again!!!

Users who are viewing this thread