What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Nervous about 1.06 Pick (1 Viewer)

BigRedNole

Footballguy
Old TD only league, need help. I am picking 1.06 and pretty sure of how the draft is going to flow up to my pick: Elliott, Gurley, Rogers, A Brown, Brady. Almost 100% certain that it goes this way leading to my pick. That leaves me with a ton of choices, but equally more questions.

Bell: Not going to play before Week 1 is always a risk. Yes he is showcasing for his next team, Steelers have a great line. However, he has only scored 11 TDs in a season. Will the Steelers possibly look for his replacement and utilize him less?

Johnson: AZ looks to have one of the worst offenses in the league. Bradford is a chinadoll. I see Johnson getting a ton of pressure in the box. 

Fournette: If he can stay healthy for a season, he will be a beast. Even if he can play in 12 games, he looks to hit 12+ TDs.

Thoughts? Other options?

Bell, Johnson then Fournette. I assume you are in a 2qb or superflex league if you think 2 qb's will be picked in the top 6.

Bell, Johnson then Fournette. I assume you are in a 2qb or superflex league if you think 2 qb's will be picked in the top 6.
Since it is a TD only league that might have something to do with the QB's going early.  Without knowing the scoring (is it just total TD's?) it's tough to say. 

I agree that I would go Bell, Johnson, Fournette for RB's but if it is only TD's with nothing else counting I would think Gronk should be in the conversation.  Yes he is an injury waiting to happen but he is the redzone guy for NE and will be in line for a ton of TD's while on the field.  I would also have to think Julio is set for some positive regression in the TD department as well and OBJ has always been double digits TD's when playing a full season. 

Thanks for the feedback. This is an old school league going since pen and paper in the 80s. TDs only. No other stats. 6pts per TD. 1 QB, 2 RB, 2WR, 1 TE, 1PK. 1 DST.  For 3 decades, people do the same thing and simply don't care. Rogers will go 1. Brady will go 2 as a homer pick, and Gurley will go 3. It simply how it is. It is just a league where life long friends get together and talk garbage. Never changing the rules and it will go til the last one of us pass. We have lost 2 members already. Its just a reason for us all to get together.

BigRedNole said:
It is just a league where life long friends get together and talk garbage. Never changing the rules and it will go til the last one of us pass. We have lost 2 members already. Its just a reason for us all to get together.
I love this, nothing wrong with it at all honestly.  No need for people to rip why your league is what it is..........

So in a TD only league for me it's Johnson.  I saw what you said about Arizona but I'm not buying it.  People are always so down on Bradford but when he's on the field, he's a damn good passer.  They still have Fitz as well.  I would flip a coin with Bell and DJ but I personally lean towards DJ.

Please see mine.  https://forums.footballguys.com/forum/topic/769312-advice-needed-auction-went-bad/

Qb's score the most td's and when that's all that matters in this draft.  If you don't think there is a ton of difference td wise between qb3 and qb10 then wait there.  

I still think Gronk is an option as he is the td guy for NE this year.  I can easily see him with 10-15 td's this year.  

Guys like Brate and Blount also have more value.  It's a completely different approach with this scoring.  Check out Vegas scoring lines for each team and target the likely tr guys off those teams.

Users who are viewing this thread