What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Netflix Original: Stranger Things (1 Viewer)

Pip's Invitation said:
The percentage of viewers that a) notice the mistake and b) care is probably pretty small. Those that obsess over such things online are not representative of the viewers as a whole. 

Also, the dude that wrote the article comes off as a weenie.

A show like Stranger Things, the most highly watched series on Netflix in the English language, boasts huge cultural cachet: if the Duffers are doing it, who's to say that other creators won't? One day patches might become as commonplace in screen media as they are in video games, and that is a truly worrying precedent for consumers and the integrity of art alike.
OMG we can't have creators go back and change their work to fix errors they discovered!!! Think about the children!!!!

Correction: A previous version of this article incorrectly stated that a season one episode of Stranger Things had been edited retroactively to remove a shot of Jonathan photographing Nancy while she was changing.
oh, the irony.

Last edited by a moderator:
OMG we can't have creators go back and change their work to fix errors they discovered!!! Think about the children!!!!

oh, the irony.
The article I read stated that they went back and removed the shot where Will's brother was taking photos of Nancy as she undressed.  It wasn't done to correct an error, it was done to retcon the character.

The article I read stated that they went back and removed the shot where Will's brother was taking photos of Nancy as she undressed.  It wasn't done to correct an error, it was done to retcon the character.
Well that didn't actually happen but they did fix other issues:

In an interview with Variety in early June, the sibling directorial duo confirmed plans to “George Lucas” — ie. retrospectively edit, as has been the Star Wars progenitor's unpopular bent with later editions of the original franchise trilogy — a moment in Stranger Things season two, owing to a fan-identified plot hole. It's a simple mistake of an expansive series costing $30 million an episode, really: the creative team set an episode of Stranger Things 4 on March 22, forgetting that it had been established as Will Byers' (Noah Schnapp) birthday in the earlier season. 

This article says that is not true.

(a longstanding rumour, that a shot of Jonathan photographing Nancy from the bushes outside Steve's house had been removed, has proven to be false)
https://www.gq-magazine.co.uk/culture/article/stranger-things-netflix-retroactively-editing

Correction: A previous post in this thread incorrectly stated that a season one episode of Stranger Things had been edited retroactively to remove a shot of Jonathan photographing Nancy while she was changing.

I mean, if they leave that in, did Nantz already know before romancing the stone (Jon)?  I hope so. If not, that is a HUGE trespass.  I had forgotten all about it, but Jonathan might as well be Deshaun Watson at this point.  

Plus Steve got all hairy and stuff.

Can you unpack this a bit?

-T

Assuming they leave in the part where Jonathon was taking pictures of her changing her clothes, in the storyline was Nancy aware of that at any point?  Before her and J became romantic, or after?  I can't remember, but it seems awfully creepy if she didn't know.  And kind of weird if she did and just brushed it aside as no big deal.

Assuming they leave in the part where Jonathon was taking pictures of her changing her clothes, in the storyline was Nancy aware of that at any point?  Before her and J became romantic, or after?  I can't remember, but it seems awfully creepy if she didn't know.  And kind of weird if she did and just brushed it aside as no big deal.
Did she find the pictures at some point?  I feel like I remember that vaguely.  Or did Steve and his evil 80s friends find them?

Did she find the pictures at some point?  I feel like I remember that vaguely.  Or did Steve and his evil 80s friends find them?
Yes in season one. They were harassing him and the pictures fell on the ground. They all saw them then Steve grabbed his camera and smashed it on the ground. Then at the end of the season Steve and Nancy gave him a new camera for Christmas. 

A lot of these stars have other roles now. And they are like 40.
They have grown up on screen but its not like the old days of 30 year old's playing teenagers on TV. They have been pretty close to their on screen age

As of now
Millie is 19
Finn is 20
Gaten is 20
Sadie is 20
Caleb is 21

Wow!
Check this out.
LINK
Current picture of Eleven.
Holy Mackerel.
Depending on how far down the rabbit hole you wish to go, 11 has grown up and is trying to shed the Stranger Things persona she's developed. Nothing NSFW but certainly more edgy stuff.

Edit to add: Or so I'm told

Users who are viewing this thread