What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

New Bill Watterson book - The Mysteries (1 Viewer)

MTskibum

Footballguy
I am probably not the only huge calvin and hobbes fan here. I had all of the books as a kid and read them each at least 5 times over if not 10 times.

This is the first I have heard of him working on new material. I am not even cautious with my expectations, i will flat out say that my expectations are extremely high. However, the bad news is that it will not be released October 10, so we have almost 8 months of waiting.

From Bill Watterson, bestselling creator of the beloved comic strip Calvin and Hobbes, and John Kascht, one of America’s most renowned caricaturists, comes a mysterious and beautifully illustrated fable about what lies beyond human understanding.

In a fable for grown-ups by cartoonist Bill Watterson, a long-ago kingdom is afflicted with unexplainable calamities. Hoping to end the torment, the king dispatches his knights to discover the source of the mysterious events. Years later, a single battered knight returns.

For the book's illustrations, Watterson and caricaturist John Kascht worked together for several years in unusually close collaboration. Both artists abandoned their past ways of working, inventing images together that neither could anticipate—a mysterious process in its own right.

Just received this yesterday and read it in 10 minutes this morning. It’s the length of a children’s book and it is so bad it’s embarrassing. I can’t believe it.
Wow. That’s incredibly disappointing. Sounds like a total cash grab.

Makes you wonder why it took them several years. Went to the George RR Martin school of book writing? Actually, no, at least that would have been like 600 pages.

Just received this yesterday and read it in 10 minutes this morning. It’s the length of a children’s book and it is so bad it’s embarrassing. I can’t believe it.
Wow. That’s incredibly disappointing. Sounds like a total cash grab.

Makes you wonder why it took them several years. Went to the George RR Martin school of book writing? Actually, no, at least that would have been like 600 pages.
Lol.

There is a YouTube video where Wattersin describes the process. It was interesting to watch, way better than the book. Seemed incredibly tedious and time consuming. Can’t believe this is the end result.

Users who are viewing this thread