What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

NEW - Binky's Bowie Top 31 Assistance #2 (1 Viewer)

2 of 2 which 3 Bowie tunes would you like to see appear in the Top 31?

• Fascination - more "Young Americans" - this one didn't chart as well as a couple of the others

Votes: 4 22.2%
  • America (cover) - very cool ...Concert for New York City - 2001

Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Modern Love - more MTV classic goodness

Votes: 7 38.9%
  • Fashion - off the "Scary Monsters" album

Votes: 7 38.9%
  • Fame - "Young Americans" tunes dominating ...

Votes: 8 44.4%
  • Queen B**** - this one's for kupcho, great OGWT performance

Votes: 10 55.6%
  • DJ - off the underrated "Lodger"

Votes: 5 27.8%

• Total voters
PLEASE SELECT 3 OF THE ABOVE 7 (IF YOU LIKE THAT MANY)

looking for some input on my Bowie top 31 list - I can already tell you that as much as I appreciate his later stuff - really finding it hard to get much if any of his later stuff this high in comparison, I am really trying to squeeze at least one representative song in from as many of his albums as I can - but Alladdin Sane, Ziggy and Diamond Dogs are gonna dominate.

I added a "Queen B****" on behalf of @kupcho1 ...

This is 2 of 2 posts of six/seven songs - looking to get the total top 6 out of these 13 total but breaking it up for easier digestion.

Fascination

America (cover) - love the song, and this just gives me chills ...especially based on the situation

Modern Love

Fashion - thumpy jammin' - and hello GE Smith ...

Fame - how can all of these great songs be so close to not making the top 31???

DJ - off "Lodger"

Queen B****

Last edited:
Also you’re kind of spoiling the reveal of your list by doing these polls. I think you should just trust your instincts. Bowie has 70 songs that could be Top 31 so any list will be great.

Also you’re kind of spoiling the reveal of your list by doing these polls. I think you should just trust your instincts. Bowie has 70 songs that could be Top 31 so any list will be great.

we get to see/hear some songs that may not make it and I'm just getting some feedback to include in my consideration

I'm not just taking the rankings from the votes straight up - but they will be an important part of what I consider when I make the final list - so the results don't clearly reveal what will make it and what won't

live a little doc!

Voted for DJ and QB.

Agree that Lodger is underrated. It lacks some of the ambition of the other two Berlin albums but it takes those sounds and brings them back to pop song structures. I don't think Bowie released a better album until Blackstar (although I'm very fond of Outside and Black Tie White Noise)

Voted for DJ and QB.

Agree that Lodger is underrated. It lacks some of the ambition of the other two Berlin albums but it takes those sounds and brings them back to pop song structures. I don't think Bowie released a better album until Blackstar (although I'm very fond of Outside and Black Tie White Noise)

hate to say it, but at this point I do not have a song from Blackstar in the top 40 at the moment - it's a striking piece of work and especially meaningful since it's about what he knew was his impending death ...

anyone want to talk me into Lazarus or the title track?

hate to say it, but at this point I do not have a song from Blackstar in the top 40 at the moment - it's a striking piece of work and especially meaningful since it's about what he knew was his impending death ...

The Next Day is more of a songs album while Blackstar is an album album. It would be a heavy listen even if Bowie hadn't up and died when it came out.

Voted for DJ and QB.

They’re both great - it would be hard to get them into my Top 31 but that speaks more to his so deep catalogue than commentary on those songs.

The Next Day is more of a songs album while Blackstar is an album album. It would be a heavy listen even if Bowie hadn't up and died when it came out.

title track AND video is killer.

Users who are viewing this thread