What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

**NFC Divisional Round - Bucs at Lions** (-6, 48.5) Kickoff Sun 3:00 (1 Viewer)

Odds have been in the 5.5 to 6.5 range all week, right now a solid 6 with a total of 49.5. Money line is Tampa+210/Detroit -258. Odds courtesy of DraftKings.

I’m a Green Bay fan through and through since birth, grew up 10 minutes from Lambeau. And of course I’ll root for the Packers. But there is no other team I’d be happier to see win a Super Bowl than this Detroit team. Go Lions!!!
This has nothing to do with the topic but envy you growing up so close to Lambeau Field. Nice area.. I'm from MN & went to only one game at Lambeau in I think 2005. What a shock where the field is actually located. It's like in a neighborhood. I would guess most people that haven't been there would guess that. Packers fans couldn't of been nicer as well..

So a reporter asked Todd Bowles how his team would prepare/handle the cold weather in Detroit.
He said we'll dress appropriately for the 20 second walk from the bus into the stadium.
Put this one in the same file as the time Doug Williams was interviewed at The Super Bowl when he was with The Washington Team,
and a reporter asked him how long he had been a black quarterback.

After church in Manhattan this morning, had 7-8 people come up & wish me luck today (at least one Packers fan & one Vikings fan.) We’ve rarely done anything to ruin anyone’s season but it’s so odd to root for division rivals. I know everyone means well but I’d prefer to get beyond the cute & cuddly stage.

They should win today. They’re a better team, at home, chance to advance to the NFCCG. But TB is playing well on defense and Baker is a great competitor.

My preseason expectation was to win the division + host a playoff game + be playing in the divisional round. We’re still in player acquisition mode and are a few player short of being a complete team. That said, it’s all right there in front of them.

l
After church in Manhattan this morning, had 7-8 people come up & wish me luck today (at least one Packers fan & one Vikings fan.) We’ve rarely done anything to ruin anyone’s season but it’s so odd to root for division rivals. I know everyone means well but I’d prefer to get beyond the cute & cuddly stage.
OK, here it comes...

Lions aren't really anyone in the NFC North's rival because they've been an added bye week for the others for so long. You're the little unwanted "oops" step child we all feel sorry for. Packers-Bears you'll never be. Moss vs Packers fans, Favre in purple, that **** stung and I still want to punch them in the face like every player ever on the Bears too. Barry??? I want to man hug him. So congrats, you had a good year and you've beat the others a couple of times. You think that makes you f'n Mufasa now? That's so cute. You're really still the adorable and cuddly Zimba from the opening scene.

Those Bucs safeties better be fast because Wamo is coming
I honestly think he’s pretty far down the list of concerns. Guy has 20 catches this year. If you can shut down St. Brown, LaPorta and the backs then you are ok if that guy beats you.

I honestly think he’s pretty far down the list of concerns. Guy has 20 catches this year. If you can shut down St. Brown, LaPorta and the backs then you are ok if that guy beats you.
Wide open, perfect pass, still 50/50 he catches it and it doesn't bounce off his pads from him trying to body trap the ball.

They should win today. They’re a better team, at home, chance to advance to the NFCCG. But TB is playing well on defense and Baker is a great competitor.

My preseason expectation was to win the division + host a playoff game + be playing in the divisional round. We’re still in player acquisition mode and are a few player short of being a complete team. That said, it’s all right there in front of them.
Go Lions!!!!

I really have very little rooting interest in this game because I happen to like the Tampa players and I feel for the city of Detroit. Let's make it a good one, huh?

Who is Wamo? Is that some sort of new Japanese beef I'm hearing about?
Thank goodness. I felt old cause I had to Google it. Still found nothing Can someone use it in a sentence?

The Bucs are going to get completely wamoed today.
I guess what threw me off was the capitalization of Wamo. Ha ha.
It is a very versatile word. A proper noun, a verb, an adjective. It is one of those Swiss army knife kind of words..

l
OK, here it comes...

Lions aren't really anyone in the NFC North's rival because they've been an added bye week for the others for so long. You're the little unwanted "oops" step child we all feel sorry for. Packers-Bears you'll never be. Moss vs Packers fans, Favre in purple, that **** stung and I still want to punch them in the face like every player ever on the Bears too. Barry??? I want to man hug him. So congrats, you had a good year and you've beat the others a couple of times. You think that makes you f'n Mufasa now? That's so cute. You're really still the adorable and cuddly Zimba from the opening scene.

Well I think you are in for a rude surprise. This Lions team is built for the long haul. As long as Holmes and Campbell stay around, the Lions will be putting out winning football teams.

Lions inactives: EDGE James Houston, S Tracy Walker, WR Kalif Raymond, DL Brodric Martin, EDGE Charles Harris, CB Steven Gilmore, Hendon Hooker is emergency QB3

Bucs: QB Wolford, OLB Markees Watts, OL B Walton, LB J.J. Russell, RB Patrick Laird, WR Rakim JArrett, OL S Dzansi

I’m going with 27-20, could see it being 24-10 going into the 4th and Bucs scoring late to make it interesting
The Lions pass defense seems to make almost every game ending interesting. Probably why I enjoyed so much the 3 victory formations that filled the last 2 minutes of the Rams game.

I’m not positive but I think it’s Jameson Williams

That's what I figured but I figured I'd be cheeky and ****.
It’s how Jameson refers to himself. So I’m respecting his wishes.

hmm, I've seen Jamo on this board for weeks. Post content made it easy to figure out Jameson. Now it's Wamo not Jamo?

I'm going to start calling Goff - Jago, Gibbs - Jagi, and St Brown - Arhs.

This might not be a good game. As an old Cowboy fan I learned long ago to bet on the best offensive line. The Lions have the best OL in the league, and they should be the difference. For fun, I would enjoy seeing Gibbs rip off a long long run. Those are my favorite plays and as good as he's been we haven't seen those afterburners go 60 70 yards as far as I know.

Users who are viewing this thread