What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

NFL Books (1 Viewer)

bandarbush

Footballguy
Can anyone recommend some good books to read on the X's and O's of an NFL offense/defense? I've always been interested in learning more just for my personal edification, as well as to step up my fantasy game.

just finished "Take your Eye off the Ball" (Kirwan)

good read and includes a tutorial CD - basically what you are looking for!

I haven't read them yet, but the two on my to-read list are Rex Ryan's Coaching Football's 46 Defense and Steve Axman's Attacking Coverages with the Passing Game.

Not so much an X & O book, but more towards leading a winning team (even business) is Finding the Winning Edge by Bill Walsh.

My wife stole my copy and keeps it on her bookshelf in her office. Great conversation piece, especially for a woman, to have.

"To this day, Bill Belichick insists Bill Walsh: Finding the Winning Edge is the greatest piece of football literature regarding a franchise blueprint ever written."

Last edited by a moderator:
Not so much an X & O book, but more towards leading a winning team (even business) is Finding the Winning Edge by Bill Walsh.

My wife stole my copy and keeps it on her bookshelf in her office. Great conversation piece, especially for a woman, to have.

"To this day, Bill Belichick insists Bill Walsh: Finding the Winning Edge is the greatest piece of football literature regarding a franchise blueprint ever written."
Hmmm.....First book mentioned on my link and the guy referred to it as 'The Bible'. On Amazon I can get a new copy for just $129 - where did you get your copy and how much did you pay?

Hmmm.....First book mentioned on my link and the guy referred to it as 'The Bible'. On Amazon I can get a new copy for just $129 - where did you get your copy and how much did you pay?
I bought it when it first released. :D I think it was about 40 bucks, hardcover.Try a library perhaps?

Last edited by a moderator:
'duaneok66 said:
just finished "Take your Eye off the Ball" (Kirwan) good read and includes a tutorial CD - basically what you are looking for!
Excellent read if you really want to understand concepts, route trees, numbering systems (when you hear a guy say 21 personnel or "a" gap or "playing the 5 technique".Good book.

Users who are viewing this thread