What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

NFL Draft Competition (1 Viewer)

King of the Jungle

Footballguy
I am looking for a way to organize an NFL draft competition among league-mates. I am just wondering if anyone has any ideas. Just pondering a few ideas off the top of my head:

1. Everyone submits round one from top to bottom. Points for accuracy of placement and team placement. (don't love as some wont want to put in the effort)
  2. We have a round one draft before the draft. The higher your cumulative players go in the draft the more points you receive. 
  3. We each select 5-10 players and predict their draft position. Points awarded for accuracy of placement and team placement. 
  4. We randomly assign players to participants. Points awarded based on draft position.
  5. We draft teams and predict picks for those teams. 
Since this is the only sport-related event coming up I really would like to set something up. I am not in love with any of my ideas but would like something everyone can participate in and cheer for. 

Any ideas?

Last edited by a moderator:
Spit balling here...

1. Everyone selects 64 players (2 rnds) and award pts by overall draft position.

2. Match the team.   Using the consensus top-100 as a pool, everyone picks their nfl team.

3.  Some sort of drinking game.

In my  dynasty league we have a draft contest where you pick for only your favorite NFL Team, all 7 rounds

if you get the position right but the player wrong for a particular pick you get a certain # of points and if you get the player right you get bonus points

Just spitballing:

Maybe something like 1st player picked at each position?  And do that like a draft?

Pick 5 players outside of the consensus top ~20 who will go in the 1st round.

Predict the player in the consensus top ~20 who will not go in the 1st round.

Randomly assign draft slots to each player and they predict who goes there.  Maybe a certain number of points for getting it exact, and a certain number for coming within 1 or 2 slots.  Maybe do an auction for the choice of draft slots?  (Might be too easy for number 1, unless some scoring system other than pure accuracy)

Honestly, if anyone can predict the teams that even select 1-10 that would be a miracle.  So much unknown. 

#1 probably isn't getting traded, but who knows.  Maybe MIA offers up a package for it.

#2 - 4 are all tradable although I only see DET as likely to move out.

#5 and #6 could move up.  The only reason they would is if someone is talking to WAS, DET, or NYG to jump ahead of them.  Cause LAC will get stuck without Tua or Hebert if someone jumps over them.  Could see LAC paying a small price to move up to #3.  I think they are too good to get a chance at a top QB next year.  This is their opportunity to take a stab at their QB of the future. 

JAX has #9 and #20 and could easily move around.  Those two picks equate to the #3 pick, so could trade with DET and get Tua or Hebert.  But probably in their best interests to stay put and look at QB next year since not close to being good.

LV has the firepower to move up, albeit unlikely since they don't need a QB IMO.

I expect WAS at #2 would like to trade down and get Simmons or Okudah to fill bigger needs, but in the end likely to stay put because their fall from #2 to say #6 may take them out of those players and I don't think they'll be offered more than an extra 2nd round pick in the exchange.  Although they could send Trent Williams away with the pick.

So as for your game, I'd be amazed if anyone can even guess which teams make the 1-10 picks, much less who they take.

Honestly, if anyone can predict the teams that even select 1-10 that would be a miracle.  So much unknown. 

#1 probably isn't getting traded, but who knows.  Maybe MIA offers up a package for it.

#2 - 4 are all tradable although I only see DET as likely to move out.

#5 and #6 could move up.  The only reason they would is if someone is talking to WAS, DET, or NYG to jump ahead of them.  Cause LAC will get stuck without Tua or Hebert if someone jumps over them.  Could see LAC paying a small price to move up to #3.  I think they are too good to get a chance at a top QB next year.  This is their opportunity to take a stab at their QB of the future. 

JAX has #9 and #20 and could easily move around.  Those two picks equate to the #3 pick, so could trade with DET and get Tua or Hebert.  But probably in their best interests to stay put and look at QB next year since not close to being good.

LV has the firepower to move up, albeit unlikely since they don't need a QB IMO.

I expect WAS at #2 would like to trade down and get Simmons or Okudah to fill bigger needs, but in the end likely to stay put because their fall from #2 to say #6 may take them out of those players and I don't think they'll be offered more than an extra 2nd round pick in the exchange.  Although they could send Trent Williams away with the pick.

So as for your game, I'd be amazed if anyone can even guess which teams make the 1-10 picks, much less who they take.
Agree, that is why it may make more sense using the players in a draft and then scoring on accuracy of draft position. 

I expect WAS at #2 would like to trade down and get Simmons or Okudah to fill bigger needs, but in the end likely to stay put because their fall from #2 to say #6 may take them out of those players and I don't think they'll be offered more than an extra 2nd round pick in the exchange.  Although they could send Trent Williams away with the pick
The closer we get I think was gains more and more leverage with this pick.  It might become a bidding war.

Users who are viewing this thread