What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

NFL+ Premium (1 Viewer)

Payne

Footballguy
Can anyone elaborate on this plan? I have been keeping cable simply for RedZone.

Can you watch this on your TV? There appears to be conflicting information.

For $14.99 per month, this may be something I am interested in.

Thank you

Can anyone elaborate on this plan? I have been keeping cable simply for RedZone.

For $14.99 per month, this may be something I am interested in.

Thank you

I will be attempting this myself this yr for redzone. We cut the cable this summer

I'd be surprised if they allowed this. The NFL makes almost all of its money from broadcast rights. Live sports is just about the only thing keeping cords connected.

I'm looking into this and it's probably answered in the link but just to be sure....

How do you watch RedZone on your TV with this? Is there an app you download?

I'm looking into this and it's probably answered in the link but just to be sure....

It can be accessed from the NFL app (which you can download on any smart TV, phone etc) and can also be accessed from nfl.com.

This seems like a no brainer right? I can save $50 a month getting rid of cable and just order this.

It seems to say you can get out of market pre season games. Can you get out of market regular season games with it? I skimmed the FAQ's and it wasn't totally clear.

I'd be surprised if they allowed this. The NFL makes almost all of its money from broadcast rights. Live sports is just about the only thing keeping cords connected.

According to this

I can just use Roku , which I already have, right?

It seems to say you can get out of market pre season games. Can you get out of market regular season games with it? I skimmed the FAQ's and it wasn't totally clear.
I don't think so. From what I understand, you can only get out of market preseason games, not out of market regular season games.

For the regular season games, they specifiy this:

"Watch LIVE local and primetime regular and postseason games on mobile."

===============

For now, I believe you still need to access NFL Sunday ticket for out of market games. Currently, YouTube TV owns the rights to NFL Sunday Ticket.

Last edited:
This is everything but the Sunday Ticket.

They do make replays available, you just cannot watch the game live.

They also do the condensed games, where they replay the whole game in 20 minutes.

My guess is that may be the next step once Sunday Ticket expires from youtubeTV.

They will probably create 3 tiers of programming where the most expensive includes Sunday ticket sometime in the future, especially if this new NFL Premium works out well financially.

I don't think so. From what I understand, you can only get out of market preseason games, not out of market regular season games.

For the regular season games, they specifiy this:

"Watch LIVE local and primetime regular and postseason games on mobile."

===============

For now, I believe you still need to access NFL Sunday ticket for out of market games. Currently, YouTube TV owns the rights to NFL Sunday Ticket.
Correct but you should be able to watch the rewinds later in the week

They also do the condensed games, where they replay the whole game in 20 minutes.
Condensed games run 40-45 minutes start to finish. All 22 available but no longer with the play by play menu.
The condensed games are great for FF scouting.

Condensed games run 40-45 minutes start to finish. All 22 available but no longer with the play by play menu.
The condensed games are great for FF scouting.
I’ve never seen the All22 work on the roku app. The condensed games took a while to get used to... def not passive watching.. don’t look away.

This seems like a no brainer right? I can save $50 a month getting rid of cable and just order this.
Yeah, this seems like the way to go. I’m currently paying $70/month for Youtube TV and all I use it for is NFL and NBA games. Now I can get this for $15/month and NBA League Pass for $20/month.

I’m assuming you would not have access to MNF games via this service as those are broadcast on ESPN…correct? Last year I paid for SlingTV to get NFL network and ESPN to catch those games but if I could get this instead that would be fantastic.

I’m assuming you would not have access to MNF games via this service as those are broadcast on ESPN…correct? Last year I paid for SlingTV to get NFL network and ESPN to catch those games but if I could get this instead that would be fantastic.

This is what ESPN said last year about NFL+ and MNF....the specific wording looks like you can see MNF on NFL+ but maybe only from Tablets and phones and not a smart TV....?

=========

Monday Night Football on ESPN is available to authenticated cable subscribers on ESPN.com and the ESPN App on mobile and TV-connected streaming devices, as well as on phone and tablet devices with NFL+.

This is what ESPN said last year about NFL+ and MNF....the specific wording looks like you can see MNF on NFL+ but maybe only from Tablets and phones and not a smart TV....?

=========

Monday Night Football on ESPN is available to authenticated cable subscribers on ESPN.com and the ESPN App on mobile and TV-connected streaming devices, as well as on phone and tablet devices with NFL+.
That’s good intel. Thank you. I can easily cast from an ipad to a TV so that would be a massive savings over sling.

=========

That’s good intel. Thank you. I can easily cast from an ipad to a TV so that would be a massive savings over sling.

This is why I asked the original question.

NFL+ and NFL+ Premium support casting for certain content. However, live local and primetime regular season and postseason games on NFL+ and NFL+ Premium are only accessible on a phone or tablet and may not be cast to your television or other similar device.

=========

NFL+ and NFL+ Premium support casting for certain content. However, live local and primetime regular season and postseason games on NFL+ and NFL+ Premium are only accessible on a phone or tablet and may not be cast to your television or other similar device.
This is true. Not all content is “slingable”, especially the stuff you want.

=========

This is true. Not all content is “slingable”, especially the stuff you want.

I just need to find an 80" tablet.

So just to make sure I have this correct for NFL+ Premium:

We can watch Red Zone and games on replay on a smart TV but we will not be able to watch any full games live on a smart TV....

Is that correct?

Do you know if the games on replay are available the same day?
I'm too lazy to look, but it's something like, replays available 30-60 minutes after game is over. Condensed games take a bit longer., but still same day.

So you could sit through 6 hours of RedZone goodness all day, then watch your favorite team's game that night.
I like this a lot. ~60 minutes after game would be great as I tend to DVR games any way because I can't stand the non stop commercials, although I guess these replays probably have commercial's as well?

Do you know if the games on replay are available the same day?
I'm too lazy to look, but it's something like, replays available 30-60 minutes after game is over. Condensed games take a bit longer., but still same day.

So you could sit through 6 hours of RedZone goodness all day, then watch your favorite team's game that night.
I like this a lot. ~60 minutes after game would be great as I tend to DVR games any way because I can't stand the non stop commercials, although I guess these replays probably have commercial's as well?
Comcast/XFINITY used to have like 15 minute games posted on demand I think Tuesday of that week. It was pretty awesome. I don't think they do it or are allowed anymore

Saw last night NFL app not available on LG smart TV's (OLED). And here I thought it was going to be super easy.

Saw last night NFL app not available on LG smart TV's (OLED). And here I thought it was going to be super easy.
Did something just change recently? The NFL App was considered an official app on LG...

Here is an article from just a couple of weeks ago

Did something just change recently? The NFL App was considered an official app on LG...

I will have to look again. This would be great.

Still can't find it.

I have a 55C9 I bought during Covid...so 2020, running software version 05.30.40

Does anyone on here have the app running on an LG tv?
Not a big deal as I can always grab a fire stick, but this would be so much easier.

Thanks.

I was busy with kid stuff all day two Sundays ago, so yesterday was my first experience with the "Scott Hansen" version of RedZone Channel (as opposed to the Andrew Siciliano one they had on DirecTV).

Well gosh, the Hansen one absolutely SUCKS. Siciliano was a maestro and conducted his version of the RZC like a champ. Hansen's version is haphazard, flipping all over the place and it's like an 8-year-old has the remote and keeps flipping from channel to channel.

It'll take some getting used to and it's far better than just watching one (or two) games on network TV, but man... it's a huge difference and makes me miss Siciliano and his giant ears.

I was busy with kid stuff all day two Sundays ago, so yesterday was my first experience with the "Scott Hansen" version of RedZone Channel (as opposed to the Andrew Siciliano one they had on DirecTV).

Well gosh, the Hansen one absolutely SUCKS. Siciliano was a maestro and conducted his version of the RZC like a champ. Hansen's version is haphazard, flipping all over the place and it's like an 8-year-old has the remote and keeps flipping from channel to channel.

It'll take some getting used to and it's far better than just watching one (or two) games on network TV, but man... it's a huge difference and makes me miss Siciliano and his giant ears.
LOL - I feel the complete opposite.

Running the NFL+ app on my Apple TV for Red Zone and it kicks off about every 30 minutes, going back to the main Apple TV screen. Anyone else dealing with this?

Two clicks and I am back, but it is a bit annoying.

Am I going to be able to watch the games tonight on my tv with nfl+ premium?

Downloaded it yesterday and had SEVEN HOURS OF COMMERCIAL FREE FOOTBALL with no problems

Really? I've been on the Siciliano RZC for a long, long time and it was great. Yesterday's version was pretty terrible. Honestly, it was like a kid was just switching between games.

Running the NFL+ app on my Apple TV for Red Zone and it kicks off about every 30 minutes, going back to the main Apple TV screen. Anyone else dealing with this?

Two clicks and I am back, but it is a bit annoying.
I have the same issue. Not as often, about 4 times yesterday

Really? I've been on the Siciliano RZC for a long, long time and it was great. Yesterday's version was pretty terrible. Honestly, it was like a kid was just switching between games.
I agree. I liked Sicilliano more

You know, I think you are right, but I think it is more pronounced this year.

IMO, the best way to do it is not to show the maximum number of plays per minute, but to jump to a game where someone is driving, and stay there till the drive resolves itself. If there's a timeout, you go to the next interesting game. If a TD or turnover happens in another game, between plays you jump in with, 'this JUST happened in the yada yada game...' show the Pick 6, and go back to the game you were watching.

We had a lot of jumping between games, and switching to a one yard run, or a penalty, or incompletion. Not necessary.

Two teams inside the ten, and you wanna go back and forth? Cool. But if someone's at the 45, whatever.

Users who are viewing this thread