What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Nicks may sit Monday night (1 Viewer)

ppierce

Footballguy
Nicks may sit Monday

7:40

AM ETHakeem Nicks | Giants Top EmailShareHakeem Nicks has looked to be on the cusp of greatness at times this season, and he'll continue to be a top target for Eli Manning for the foreseeable future. However, when the New York Giants take the field against the Dallas Cowboys on Monday night, they might be doing so without the UNC product.

Ralph Vacchiano of the New York Daily News reported Saturday that Nicks has been downgraded to "questionable" on the team's injury report after being limited in practice again.

If Nicks sits out, Mario Manningham will be asked to fill some of his role, and it could mean we'll see some of Ramses Barden as well. Barden was a hot topic again this offseason, but has vanished since.

- Tim Kavanagh

Nicks may sit Monday7:40AM ETHakeem Nicks | Giants Top EmailShareHakeem Nicks has looked to be on the cusp of greatness at times this season, and he'll continue to be a top target for Eli Manning for the foreseeable future. However, when the New York Giants take the field against the Dallas Cowboys on Monday night, they might be doing so without the UNC product.Ralph Vacchiano of the New York Daily News reported Saturday that Nicks has been downgraded to "questionable" on the team's injury report after being limited in practice again.If Nicks sits out, Mario Manningham will be asked to fill some of his role, and it could mean we'll see some of Ramses Barden as well. Barden was a hot topic again this offseason, but has vanished since.- Tim Kavanagh
this isnt news. he was questionable friday.

Nicks may sit Monday7:40AM ETHakeem Nicks | Giants Top EmailShareHakeem Nicks has looked to be on the cusp of greatness at times this season, and he'll continue to be a top target for Eli Manning for the foreseeable future. However, when the New York Giants take the field against the Dallas Cowboys on Monday night, they might be doing so without the UNC product.Ralph Vacchiano of the New York Daily News reported Saturday that Nicks has been downgraded to "questionable" on the team's injury report after being limited in practice again.If Nicks sits out, Mario Manningham will be asked to fill some of his role, and it could mean we'll see some of Ramses Barden as well. Barden was a hot topic again this offseason, but has vanished since.- Tim Kavanagh
If BSPN is reporting it, start Nicks with confidence.

Last edited by a moderator:
(Rotoworld) Hakeem Nicks (hamstring) is traveling to Dallas for Monday night's game and said he will "definitely" play.Analysis: At this point, it would be a big surprise if Nicks wasn't in the starting lineup. He said his hamstring was just fatigued and not injured, so the missed practice time this week was a simple precaution. Consider Nicks a top-10 fantasy option.

please be true please be true (before I'm roasted, I own Nicks in 1 league...but playing against him in 4 or 5 other leagues) :thumbup:

I did wonder why it said "downgraded to" as he has been questionable since Thursday. Still, you never know, there might be something to this. Luckily I have Dallas WR replacements in all leagues that I need them in.

Nicks may sit Monday

AM ETHakeem Nicks | Giants Top EmailShareHakeem Nicks has looked to be on the cusp of greatness at times this season, and he'll continue to be a top target for Eli Manning for the foreseeable future. However, when the New York Giants take the field against the Dallas Cowboys on Monday night, they might be doing so without the UNC product.

Ralph Vacchiano of the New York Daily News reported Saturday that Nicks has been downgraded to "questionable" on the team's injury report after being limited in practice again.

If Nicks sits out, Mario Manningham will be asked to fill some of his role, and it could mean we'll see some of Ramses Barden as well. Barden was a hot topic again this offseason, but has vanished since.

- Tim Kavanagh
So nothing has changed since Saturday? Sounds like the OP and Tim Kavanagh are trying to generate news that isn't there.

Nicks may sit Monday

- Tim Kavanagh
So nothing has changed since Saturday? Sounds like the OP and Tim Kavanagh are trying to generate news that isn't there.
YUP, shut this down. Should i start a thread on how Micks stated he was definitely playing tonight? he said that on saturday too.

I was nervous before, but now that I have a win already locked up, I'd rather he sit and give the hammy a rest. :P

I was nervous before, but now that I have a win already locked up, I'd rather he sit and give the hammy a rest. :)
Same here. Not the win locked up, him sitting.Then I might have a better chance at making up 11 points with me having Bradshaw and my opponent having the Giants.

Swirling winds of confusion. He practiced. He's playing. He even said so. Please come back here later and bash me all you want. I will be here.

But I guarantee he is playing.

Nicks is going to be a non-factor anyways. Giants are going to blow the Boyz away and it will be the Bradshaw/Jacobs show.

Nicks has been questionable all week. He calls it a fatigued hamstring. He has had it before, it needs rest. Nicks said there is no way he misses MNF. I am starting him and I do not have any other NYG WRs to sub in. :blinders on:

I have Nicks and need him to play but can also slot in Dez if I need to. I don't care if Nicks says he's playing -- Andre Johnson said the same thing a couple of weeks ago. Why would he say anything else -- it's a key divisional game and if nothing else, you want the Cowboys to have to account for him in their preparation. I certainly hope he'll play but it wouldn't be shocking if he didn't.

pantagrapher said:
What we need is some kind of pinned thread for Nicks status updates.
:lmao: The dedicated thread does say "Sun News Only" which may be why its getting no love.Nicks said so confidently he was playing. I got suckered if this is true.

The question isn't whether or not Nicks will sit. Its whether you should have sat Nicks. Nicks will play but how effective will he be? The spirit is willing but will the body be able?

News: According to NFL.com, Giants WR Hakeem Nicks (hamstring) is expected to start against the Cowboys. Nicks, who said his hamstring injury was brought on by fatigue, did not practice on Friday, but was able to practice on Saturday without suffering any setbacks.

Per Sportsline...

Already have this week's game in hand, with Hicks left to play. Just hoping he explodes because I could use the extra points for the $$$ for most points scored.

I could have started Santana Moss over HIcks, but I rolled the dice...come on Hicks.

Would love to see Dallas lose again, but I hope it is a shoot out.

Already have this week's game in hand, with Hicks left to play. Just hoping he explodes because I could use the extra points for the $$$ for most points scored.I could have started Santana Moss over HIcks, but I rolled the dice...come on Hicks.Would love to see Dallas lose again, but I hope it is a shoot out.
:X

Already have this week's game in hand, with Hicks left to play. Just hoping he explodes because I could use the extra points for the $$$ for most points scored.I could have started Santana Moss over HIcks, but I rolled the dice...come on Hicks.Would love to see Dallas lose again, but I hope it is a shoot out.
I'm in the exact same boat, playing for the high score money.I'd be shocked if Nicks didn't at least try to play in an important divisional game With a bye, and the reports of hamstring "fatigue", he'll get plenty of rest after this game.

Users who are viewing this thread