What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Nose Hair- How often do you groom? (1 Viewer)

How often do you trim the nose hair?

• Daily

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Twice Weekly

Votes: 5 10.6%
  • Weekly

Votes: 16 34.0%
  • Every Couple of Weeks

Votes: 12 25.5%
  • Monthly

Votes: 7 14.9%
  • Bi-Annually

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • Yearly

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • Never- let the party flavor blow

Votes: 2 4.3%
  • Never- don't have that problem

Votes: 3 6.4%

• Total voters

NY/NJMFDIVER

Footballguy
In what was a yearly ritual in my 20's, turned more frequent as i turned 30 and now, Jesus, its like twice a week. I can't get away from it, a thorough trim and there's a fresh thatch just waiting again. Its really unreal. My big question for those older FBGers, is this life now? Is this what it means to get old, that you either have a moustache starting in your nostrils or you have to use constant vigilance?

I have an ear hair now too!

I'm turning into an old guy!

I hear you. Asked my cousin (older) the other day what he does and he says he plucks them all out. I tried that and my eyes watered up and sneezed for about 5 minutes. I have no idea how he can do that and wish there was an easy way to get rid of most nose hairs.

Every now and then I'll get a rogue hair in my nose and snip it..

I've seen some old guys with so much nose hair, that when they sneeze they look like a party favor.. :X

In what was a yearly ritual in my 20's, turned more frequent as i turned 30 and now, Jesus, its like twice a week. I can't get away from it, a thorough trim and there's a fresh thatch just waiting again. Its really unreal. My big question for those older FBGers, is this life now? Is this what it means to get old, that you either have a moustache starting in your nostrils or you have to use constant vigilance?I have an ear hair now too!I'm turning into an old guy!
Yes, it's a part of getting older. Vigilance is required. I'm 45 and have to do it about once a week. Nose hairs growing right into a guy's 'stache = :X

Yup. My hair is relocating from my head to my nostrils and ear canals. Twice a week trimming, although I could get away with it being longer, but I feel I must kill the hairs asap. Buy a nose hair trimmer and it's easy. They are cheap. Works on ears too.

How do you guys trim? Scissors?

You guys have me nervous about aging. I don't want to have to worry about nose grooming.

How do you guys trim? Scissors? You guys have me nervous about aging. I don't want to have to worry about nose grooming.
Little electric trimmer. They're like 10 bucks. I also had to start this ritual just after 30. Getting old sucks.

yank 'em. sometimes I forget...my daughter makes sure to remind me. her -> :shrug:

Last edited by a moderator:
i yank them all the time. its fun. I take a trimmer to it if i'm going out or something. I'm 25 and fairly hairy (and not happy about it)

The little trimmer works, but for me it shoots little hairs up my nose causing me to sneeze about 3 or 4 times.

Once a week.

I prefer the masochist ritual of plucking, although often it results in a pimple inside my nose that drives me nuts.

Its the ####ers on the tip of my nose that really piss me off. I'll sit in front of the computer just plucking those buggers.

Its the ####ers on the tip of my nose that really piss me off. I'll sit in front of the computer just plucking those buggers.
:banned: I'm in my 20's and I'm plucking them every day. I'm at the stage where my eyes don't even water, it's just business as usual.

Trimming only makes them grow faster. You have to get at the root. Plucking is the way to go.

I said once every two weeks, probably closer to 3.

I prefer the masochist ritual of plucking, although often it results in a pimple inside my nose that drives me nuts.
I generally do both, plucking at trimming, but I either get an in-grown hair or pimple from my routine. Usually in the same spot and it makes blowing my nose a very painful ordeal.

I've been dealing with nose and ear hair for 25 years. I finally decided to just let it grow and wax it. My ears are now pointed on top and I've dyed my nose hairs orange and waxed them to look like flames coming out my nose. I figure what the heck... I'm a mouth breather anyway. Now I look like a really angry Dr. Spock.

I hate it when I see a nose hair sticking out of someone else's nose. You just can't stop focusing on it. You're thinking TRIM THAT THING while in a conversation. It's worse when they have a full blown shrub creeping out of the nostril.

I have one crazy eyebrow hair that grows a good inch. Way way longer than the rest. I tried pulling it out yesterday but couldn't.

I'll pluck a random one from time to time but once every other week or so I get in there and hack away. Especially when I'm about to go away on vacation. I haven't gotten ear hair yet but do get one or two on the outside, like by my ear lobe. I need to get an eye brow trimmer. They get out of control after a month or so and I usually ruin them with a razor. Also get a random gray eye brow hair or two that stick straight out that I pluck.

I rip them out. Nothing like sticking your fingers up your nose and pulling out a thicket.
now that I can't legally text at traffic lights anymore this is what I do instead. Still waiting for my Seinfeld moment, shocked it hasn't happened yet.

Ripping them out is such a victorious feeling. Except when I look at my prize and see that it is a gray. :(

tweezers....about every two weeks....sometimes more....but always before any important events.....or haircuts or dental appointments where somebody might have a good look up there....

i'm interested in the eyebrow trimmers and if they really work very well....I have pretty normal eyebrows but I get a few on each side that look like they came from the dad in American Pie and they really screw up the symmetry

Last edited by a moderator:
tweezers....about every two weeks....sometimes more....but always before any important events.....or haircuts or dental appointments where somebody might have a good look up there....

i'm interested in the eyebrow trimmers and if they really work very well....I have pretty normal eyebrows but I get a few on each side that look like they came from the dad in American Pie and they really screw up the symmetry
Tweezers? Seems like a lot of unneeded effort and pain. Just get one of those nose hair trimmers and mow that ish down.

Users who are viewing this thread