What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Noteworthy Cuts List (Friday/Saturday Only) (1 Viewer)

Some would argue that the sharks would be paying attention to the players that get cut since any piece of info is valuable, but maybe that is just me.

I did not expect Dion Lewis to get cut. That must mean that they think that the Crowell kid is legit.
Ogbannaya too. I believe that leaves only Tate, West and Crowell. Total makeover of the Browns' running game.
Just two years removed from taking one #3 over all, too. wow.

Came here to read about cuts and ended up reading about people arguing over what a noteworthy cut is. Who cares. Just post the damn cuts and let the pool decide whats noteworthy. What's noteworthy to one may not be to another. Cuts are cuts. Post them

No matter what happened last year, a 24 year old RB that is a former 2nd round pick and was a top 20 RB 2 years ago is about as noteworthy of a cut as you typically get.

Came here to read about cuts and ended up reading about people arguing over what a noteworthy cut is. Who cares. Just post the damn cuts and let the pool decide whats noteworthy. What's noteworthy to one may not be to another. Cuts are cuts. Post them
Fair enough.

Broncos waived QB Zac Dysert, SS Duke Ihenacho, S John Boyett and LB Shaq Barrett.

Texans waived or released LB Max Bullough, CB Marcus Williams, DE Julius Warmsley, DE Keith Browner, OLB Chris McAllister, LB Chris Young, WR Uzoma Nwachukwu, WR Lacoltan Bester, G Alex Kupper, C James Ferentz, TE Anthony Denham, G Bronson Irwin and T Matt Feiler.

Packers waived WR Myles White.

Jets waived QB Tajh Boyd.

Note: if you play in 6-team leagues with 10-man rosters or think Brandon Cooks is a deep dynasty sleeper this thread is not for you.
Leshoure is owned in 7% of leagues according to MFL. Demps didnt even register a percentage. Seatrunk is a rookie and some may roster him, but those in the know knew he was a long shot.

So yeah nice try with the 6 team remark but do your research, those players are not noteworthy or even rostered in 12 team 25 man rosters regardless of your beliefs.

Thats why some of us are sharks and some are not.

You can change the title to any one who is cut, but this is a noteworthy thread. So if only one noteworthy person gets cut, so be it.
Please stop. You are being ridiculous here.

49ers released WR Kassim Osgood and S C.J. Spillman.

Dolphins waived WR Matt Hazel and G/C David Arkin.

Eagles released CB Roc Carmichael.

Patriots waived WR Jeremy Gallon and RB Roy Finch.

Advise to stop the clutter. There are many that want to use this thread to see cuts as they occur.

I personally prefer to err on the side of too many than not enough.

Post cuts and discuss, but stop the clutter.

Can someone start a new thread so false start can finish ruining this one?
Why? He finally caught on with his posts recently, actually posting some noteworthy cuts......
The irony is that in his attempt to troll, he did post some noteworthy ones. I didnt know Denver cut Duke Ienacho, he was a starter last year.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, please post them all, even the guys you think are not 'noteworthy'. How about Tahj Boyd? Think he catches on somewhere?

I guess these 'cuts' are not official until the players clear waivers tomorrow at noon EST and according to Adam Caplan, 'some' of the players listed as waived are not officially waived until that time and they still could wind up being traded.

So keep this in mind.

=====================================

Adam Caplan@caplannfl · 1h

A few players reported as waived or released may wind up being traded instead. Happens every year at this time.

More for Patriots fans... but they waived/released

- WR Jeremy Gallon & RB Roy Finch. Finch, if eligible, could be a PS stash as he showed some shiftiness but struggled in the return game so who knows.

- DE Jake Bequette, LB Steve Beauharnais, and DE Jerel Worthy. Worthy came over from GB while Bequette and Beauharnais were drafted but never quite got over the hump to get playing time.

- RB Jonas Gray. Ran well as an inside runner and NE will try to stash him on the PS.

- OG Jon Halapio: Another likely candidate for the PS to develop and compete for next year.

- WR Josh Boyce: No real surprise but it wouldn't shock me to see a team try to put in a claim for him as he definitely has speed.

Who does False Start think typically gets cut?
Tom Brady

Significant cuts, read the title.
Comedy hour I see, even after I showed stats of what a noteworthy cut would be and what is not.

Like I said, some are better at smart remarks then fantasy football.

But Yes, Tom Brady would be a noteworthy cut, glad some can read and catch on.

Cant believe people take it so personal that I asked for noteworthy cuts and not just any scrub. Ahhh, the internet.
just go away

Saints - Champ Bailey, Brandon Coleman, and Robert Meachem cut.

Full list -

Last edited by a moderator:
TJ Graham reportedly released by Bills.

Haven't heard anything on Charles Johnson in Cleveland... he slip under the wire?

Haven't heard anything on Charles Johnson in Cleveland... he slip under the wire?
ACtually, Fantasy Guru liked Johnson to be a sleeper to accrue some fair fantasy points this year and I picked him in the subscriber contest.

Bills were reportedly shopping Graham for awhile.

Look for the Miami Dolphins making moves along the interior of the OL. Some of these teams' cuts will look appealing for them and I expect them to sign at least one or two and make further cuts to their roster.

he must have with Gordon gone and Burleson cut that pretty much leaves Miles Austin, Andrew Hawkins and Charles Johnson as the top3
Who starts in the two WR sets between Baby Hawk and Johnson? Also, with Austin's injury history Johnson could be a starter anyways. Did I read, maybe on PFT or in the Brown thread here that Pettine was in NY with Hill because he was with the Jets when they drafted him?

Saints - Champ Bailey, Brandon Coleman, and Robert Meachem cut.

Full list -

Was Champ a salary move or is he not healthy/productive? If he has gas left, I'd love to see him go to my secondary starved Panthers.

Users who are viewing this thread