What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Offensive Lines Offensive? (1 Viewer)

Art_VanDalay

Footballguy
It's only been 5 weeks but by now, you start to see a pattern and trend in the NFL usually.  Other than the fact that it seems to me (not sure if its true) that scoring is way down this year from NFL averages and last year.  Part of what seems to be the problem is OL play.  Other than the horrendous and I mean absolutely horrendous OLs in Seattle, Cin. and NYG, there are some close seconds in AZ, NE and SF.  If that was the only issue it would be fine because most of us in the summer pretty much expected them to be pretty bad.  However, what I can't understand is, what happened to the offenses and run games for the pre-season darlings?  I mean all I heard about was how great the Tenn, Oak, Dallas, and Cleveland OLs were going to be.  This is pretty much why I was trying to load up on TN and Oak and why a guy like Crowell was basically a 2nd round draft pick this year.  Now it would be ok if say one or two of those teams don't seem to be panning out but, without any major injuries of note on their OL's respectively, can someone explain why these teams are having so much trouble pounding the rock?  Some of it is gamescript I guess but makes me want to completely ignore summer OL and SOS predictions which I already pretty much do anyway.  Interested in your thoughts.  

It's only been 5 weeks but by now, you start to see a pattern and trend in the NFL usually.  Other than the fact that it seems to me (not sure if its true) that scoring is way down this year from NFL averages and last year.  Part of what seems to be the problem is OL play.  Other than the horrendous and I mean absolutely horrendous OLs in Seattle, Cin. and NYG, there are some close seconds in AZ, NE and SF.  If that was the only issue it would be fine because most of us in the summer pretty much expected them to be pretty bad.  However, what I can't understand is, what happened to the offenses and run games for the pre-season darlings?  I mean all I heard about was how great the Tenn, Oak, Dallas, and Cleveland OLs were going to be.  This is pretty much why I was trying to load up on TN and Oak and why a guy like Crowell was basically a 2nd round draft pick this year.  Now it would be ok if say one or two of those teams don't seem to be panning out but, without any major injuries of note on their OL's respectively, can someone explain why these teams are having so much trouble pounding the rock?  Some of it is gamescript I guess but makes me want to completely ignore summer OL and SOS predictions which I already pretty much do anyway.  Interested in your thoughts.  
Less hitting than ever before with the CBA, less padded practices etc.  If a line doesn't have continuity on it, then it'll take awhile.  Just my assumption.

I hear you but that seems to oversimplistic for me.  You may be right because they all aren't doing well so there may be a common denominator but I think its just weird.  

Less hitting than ever before with the CBA, less padded practices etc.  If a line doesn't have continuity on it, then it'll take awhile.  Just my assumption.
This is what I was thinking and why I'm not cutting Crowell where I've got him. The talent is there on that OL, but I'm just not seeing it come together yet. It doesn't help that nobody fears the passing attack, but I'd still expect a unit like that to be able to produce some holes. 

This is what I was thinking and why I'm not cutting Crowell where I've got him. The talent is there on that OL, but I'm just not seeing it come together yet. It doesn't help that nobody fears the passing attack, but I'd still expect a unit like that to be able to produce some holes. 
Kevin Hogan now starting, can't be any worse...

I think the Titans line surpassed Dallas as the best in football. They allowed six sacks last week which was the worst game in years. If you consider than an aberration it works fine. Two sacks in four games and one was a garbage time grrrr one.
DeMarco is hesitant. Any RB looks better than a hesitant one, so Henry looks better. I'm still waiting on a change

The Steelers offensive line is supposed to be one of the best units in the NFL but has not played up to expectations.   They've had a couple injuries (Ramon Foster, Marcus Gilbert) but even still should be playing much better than they have been:  the pass protection has only been so-so and the run blocking has been pathetic.   They're being penalized a lot too.

Not sure why but the whole offense, with the exception of Antonio Brown, is underachieving.

Users who are viewing this thread