What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official 1/6 Select Committee thread*** (1 Viewer)

I wonder why Republicans in Congress refused to support the formation of this committee? I wonder why they wanted to have certain members of their party on the committee when they realized they couldn't stop it? 
Maybe because the Republican Party is actually the Trumplican party and evidence produced by the J6 committee may not paint a nice picture of the Trumpiest members of Congress. Going into the midterm elections obviously they don’t need to deal with any reason to see their constituents be disgusted by some of their members.

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe because they are more interested in improving the lives of Americans and less interested in another liberal witchhunt.

But fine with me, this will only sway more independents to put the Democrats out of power via midterms and in '24.
I would agree with this except for Benghazi.

Everyone has said that...over and over and over again.  Anyone...left or right...Jan 6th or summer riots...everyone who committed crimes should be prosecuted. Is there anyone here arguing that the other rioters deserve different treatment?
Actions speak louder than words. They DID receive different treatment. 

This is an interesting argument not precisely stated. The real statistic is most of those charged in BLM protests had their charges dropped. That means someone reviewed the evidence and determined there was not enough to prosecute. Given police are equipped with body cameras, you'd think there would be ample evidence to back the narrative that most of those arrested were criminals. But the truth is somewhere in the middle. 
You really believe charges weren’t filed for lack of evidence to prosecute? Gotcha. I guess all those crystal clear images of riots/crimes happening we all saw on tv were not enough evidence. Good grief. 

The more obvious answer is they gave them a pass. Plain and simple. 

You really believe charges weren’t filed for lack of evidence to prosecute? Gotcha. I guess all those crystal clear images of riots/crimes happening we all saw on tv were not enough evidence. Good grief. 

The more obvious answer is they gave them a pass. Plain and simple. 
Please be precise. We are talking about when charges were filed, but the charges were dropped. Consider what this means, e.g., a judge looking at the evidence. 

Charges were often filed because the police wanted to control the protests by removing people from the streets. In a lot of those cases the charges were dropped because there wasn't any evidence.  This isn't conjecture, there's actual evidence and reporting.

There are a large number of looters and people who commited crimes against property who also got away with it but the "95%" number provided is exaggerated. Both situations happened. 

If you think BLM protestors mostly got away with it I'd consider how this doesn't really fit with the history of how the US government treats protestors, and how there's actual evidence to the opposite

https://www.npr.org/2021/08/20/1029625793/black-lives-matter-protesters-targeted

Donald Trump: "If I run and I win, we will treat those people from January 6 fairly, we will treat them fairly and if it requires pardons, then we will give them pardons because they are being treated so unfairly."

---

So there is that to look forward to.

Donald Trump: "If I run and I win, we will treat those people from January 6 fairly, we will treat them fairly and if it requires pardons, then we will give them pardons because they are being treated so unfairly."

---

So there is that to look forward to.
Would this full under witness tampering? Keep quiet about me and I’ll pardon you when I’m president again.

because they are being treated so unfairly."
I challenge, anyone…. On the face of the earth…. To a debate on how anyone being charged with crimes on J6 is being treated unfairly.

Anyone.

dozer, from footballguys.

bring it.

"attacking"

did they use tanks and grenade launchers?
Wrong thread. This thread is about investigating who coordinated J6, what was going on in the White House on J6 and the days up to J6,  who coordinated the fraudulent electors, telephone calls to Secretary of States and election officials, was there any contact between members of Congress and the rioters, the Big Lie itself and how it brought the protesters that became rioters to the Capital etc. The crimes and investigation on the riot itself has been the duty of the DOJ. Yes the committee may have started with the events of J6 I think the committee would have already concluded their work and would not have subpoenaed friends, White House officials and members of Congress if that was what their investigation  was about. And yes the DOJ will pursue any crimes by all those who were involved further up the ladder if warranted. We already know the DOJ is looking into the fraudulent electors of several states.

People died as a result of this riot and over 100 Capital police officers were injured. We don’t really care about whether you think that is serious.

Wrong thread. This thread is about investigating who coordinated J6, what was going on in the White House on J6 and the days up to J6,  who coordinated the fraudulent electors, telephone calls to Secretary of States and election officials, was there any contact between members of Congress and the rioters, the Big Lie itself and how it brought the protesters that became rioters to the Capital etc.

Great, looking forward to the Dems losing even more seats over the next few years.  

People died as a result of this riot and over 100 Capital police officers were injured. 

Anybody directly involved in injuring a person during the march should certainly be prosecuted....the rest of this is nonsense and the American people see right through it.   

Please be precise. We are talking about when charges were filed, but the charges were dropped. Consider what this means, e.g., a judge looking at the evidence. 

No, judges had nothing to do with it.  Politically-appointed Prosecutors chose not to prosecute for political reason, just like many choose not to prosecute people who steal less than $1000, which lead to mobs raiding stores even when there weren't protests going on. 

Anybody directly involved in injuring a person during the march should certainly be prosecuted....the rest of this is nonsense and the American people see right through it.   
Don’t forget the 10 or so far charged by the DOJ of “seditious conspiracy” which carries a sentence of up to 20 years. I am thinking we are going to see people like Brannon and Giuliani charged with that as well. Tough to convict on this but I have heard some experts say the DOJ has a very good case. May be some lawyers lose their licenses to practice beyond the states that Giuliani has already lost his. Any other names out there you agree that are in serious trouble? Powell, Eastman, Meadows?

Polls show support for the J6 committee including 4 in 10 Republicans. The Democrats will likely lose the House and the Senate too but it won’t be because of this investigation…..depending on what is revealed the investigation could help to retain a few seats.

https://thehill.com/homenews/house/587924-4-in-10-republican-voters-approve-of-jan-6-panel-survey-finds

I challenge, anyone…. On the face of the earth…. To a debate on how anyone being charged with crimes on J6 is being treated unfairly.

Anyone.

dozer, from footballguys.

bring it.
Trump tonight said if he wins in 2024; “We will treat those people from January 6 fairly.   We will treat them fairly.  And if it requires pardons, we will give them pardons.  Because they’re being treated so unfairly”

Liar…. Loser.

I believe the audacity of this statement has basically sealed his doom. Only a low percentage of voters with flatworm intelligence will support him now.

Sealed his doom?  Do you think his supporters care?  Did the rally cheer for it?

Statements like that seem to never move the needle with him.  It doesn’t matter.

Don't you think there are any fence sitters?
I follow a couple of political observers who are of the opinion that the number of undecideds is at an historical low. Winning now is a result of motivating your voters. Hilary wasn't great at that and Donald squeaked in. Only to demonstrate how laughably unfit he was for the job and in turn motivating record numbers to usher him out.

I believe he could pull off another 2016 if Democrats don't highlight things like he's saying at these rallies and get the never Trumpers to the polls.

Joe Mammy said:
Don't you think there are any fence sitters?
Some…but if they already were still considering him…not sure how that statement would have changed that.  He has said and done many things far worse than that.  
At this point, IMO, it is more about will that type of stuff motivate enough to show up and vote against him and can the dems find a candidate to get people to the polls (if Trump is the nominee).

Now…that should give more for a primary challenger like Desantis to use against Trump.

lazyike said:
Maybe because the Republican Party is actually the Trumplican party and evidence produced by the J6 committee may not paint a nice picture of the Trumpiest members of Congress. Going into the midterm elections obviously they don’t need to deal with any reason to see their constituents be disgusted by some of their members.
Maybe people want to move on from this event.  The average American is hurting from out of control inflation and COVID-19.  They have little interest in this event anymore.  Dems are in for a bloodbath come midterms, because they fail to listen to what is important to the American people.

Maybe people want to move on from this event.  The average American is hurting from out of control inflation and COVID-19.  They have little interest in this event anymore.  Dems are in for a bloodbath come midterms, because they fail to listen to what is important to the American people.
My poll showed 82% of Democrats approve of this investigation. I think it's the 60% of Republicans that just don't want their party exposed or tarnished before the midterms. There are only 9 House members on this committee. That leaves 420 some members of the House, the entire Senate and the Biden Administration to deal with other issues of the nation. I think it is very important we find out who, what and how individuals were trying to change the real election results so we can once again have the vast majority of the country have confidence in our elections and those that have falsely threatened that confidence pay the price for it. 

dozer said:
Trump tonight said if he wins in 2024; “We will treat those people from January 6 fairly.   We will treat them fairly.  And if it requires pardons, we will give them pardons.  Because they’re being treated so unfairly”
Nothing says "law and order" more than pardoning people that attacked police, vandalized the US Capitol, and called for the hanging of the Vice President for doing his job.

Whatever happens in 2024 please God,  no more Trump.

Six weeks after Election Day, with his hold on power slipping, President Donald J. Trump directed his lawyer, Rudolph W. Giuliani, to make a remarkable call. Mr. Trump wanted him to ask the Department of Homeland Security if it could legally take control of voting machines in key swing states, three people familiar with the matter said.

Mr. Giuliani did so, calling the department’s acting deputy secretary, who said he lacked the authority to audit or impound the machines.

Mr. Trump pressed Mr. Giuliani to make that inquiry after rejecting a separate effort by his outside advisers to have the Pentagon take control of the machines. And the outreach to the Department of Homeland Security came not long after Mr. Trump, in an Oval Office meeting with Attorney General William P. Barr, raised the possibility of whether the Justice Department could seize the machines, a previously undisclosed suggestion that Mr. Barr immediately shot down.

The new accounts show that Mr. Trump was more directly involved than previously known in exploring proposals to use his national security agencies to seize voting machines as he grasped unsuccessfully for evidence of fraud that would help him reverse his defeat in the 2020 election, according to people familiar with the episodes.

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/01/31/us/politics/donald-trump-election-results-fraud-voting-machines.html

Six weeks after Election Day, with his hold on power slipping, President Donald J. Trump directed his lawyer, Rudolph W. Giuliani, to make a remarkable call. Mr. Trump wanted him to ask the Department of Homeland Security if it could legally take control of voting machines in key swing states, three people familiar with the matter said.

Mr. Giuliani did so, calling the department’s acting deputy secretary, who said he lacked the authority to audit or impound the machines.

Mr. Trump pressed Mr. Giuliani to make that inquiry after rejecting a separate effort by his outside advisers to have the Pentagon take control of the machines. And the outreach to the Department of Homeland Security came not long after Mr. Trump, in an Oval Office meeting with Attorney General William P. Barr, raised the possibility of whether the Justice Department could seize the machines, a previously undisclosed suggestion that Mr. Barr immediately shot down.

The new accounts show that Mr. Trump was more directly involved than previously known in exploring proposals to use his national security agencies to seize voting machines as he grasped unsuccessfully for evidence of fraud that would help him reverse his defeat in the 2020 election, according to people familiar with the episodes.

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/01/31/us/politics/donald-trump-election-results-fraud-voting-machines.html
Not only did he know about it but he was directing it. I mean it’s not really surprising that he did it but there are witnesses talking to the media and likely to cooperate. We’re gonna find out that all those crazy plans we heard rumors about were attempted. How long until we find out martial law planned?

Yet there are still people on this board that support this person and would happily vote for him again.
And there simply isn’t anything that will change that. Often they simply don’t listen to any news so they won’t know that he tried to have voting machines seized or now is saying Pence could have overturned the election. And to turn on him would be an admission they were wrong, certainly not a characteristic you will find in ardent Trump supporter. And there are quite a few of them who would be perfectly fine with it even if he had been elected illegally.

The National Archives has revealed that it received several January 6th-related documents from the Trump White House that were ripped into pieces and were reassembled using tape.

What was going through his deranged mind when he was doing this?

”Ill just tear this up! Problem solved!”

Unfit.

After Barr shot down the absurd request, Trump reportedly had Giuliani go to Homeland Security to pursue it further….

Donald Trump’s doomed attempts to overturn his 2020 election defeat reportedly included a scheme to take control of voting machines in crucial swing states.

Barr shot down the suggestion, while Giuliani did reach out to the DHS, only to be told he lacked the authority to take control of the voting machines.

No Donald, you can’t just steal all the voting machines when you lose. What a corrupt and incompetent fool.

Users who are viewing this thread