What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official 1/6 Select Committee thread*** (1 Viewer)

This all stemmed from the above post about inflation and people not caring about Jan 6th.

So once again...you believe that is all about Biden...inflation numbers that is (add in the southern border too sure)?  So nothit takes all kinds of ing outside of Biden or the squad caused issues at the border and inflation?  Is that your position?
I never said he started everything ,but his policies are not helping so he`s responsible . Its on his watch now ,and its getting WORSE  not better . Trump was blamed for everything no matter what it was ,why does Biden get a pass?

I never said he started everything ,but his policies are not helping so he`s responsible . Its on his watch now ,and its getting WORSE  not better . Trump was blamed for everything no matter what it was ,why does Biden get a pass?
You stated you wanted to hold him accountable.  Do you hold others accountable as well for their involvement?  

Im not giving him a pass.  Ive stated quite often that his fiscal policy have contributed to where we are.

You stated you wanted to hold him accountable.  Do you hold others accountable as well for their involvement?  

Im not giving him a pass.  Ive stated quite often that his fiscal policy have contributed to where we are.
when you say others ,who do you mean ? Prior Presidents? 

Someone has to bring some sense to you religious zealots.  

Besides, your pal @dozer has 475 .  @lazyike has 195.  JHC, are you blind?  :lol:
:shrug:

Don't you sense a bit irony in you banging on people for having so many posts in a thread when you also have so many posts in a thread?

If dozer came in here with drive-by posts like yours over and over and then proceeded to complain about how many posts you have, I would call him out too. 

:shrug:

Don't you sense a bit irony in you banging on people for having so many posts in a thread when you also have so many posts in a thread?

If dozer came in here with drive-by posts like yours over and over and then proceeded to complain about how many posts you have, I would call him out too. 
Yet dozers posts have been factual and informative and about the topic rather than mostly about other posters or the disingenuous "get him yet?" style posts.

Maybe. But in a way it's still really bad that so many think that Trump's insistence on doing whatever he could to subvert election results and remain in office was acceptable. We see that with every criticism of Biden in here and it's little more than an ends justifies the means argument.

New York Times reporting today that Pompeo and Mnuchin were also in on the 25th Amendment discussions. If my guy's own cabinet was discussing jettisoning him on the grounds of mental incapacitation, I'd have some deep reservations about my future support. Hopefully, that's helping to change a few minds.
Oh, it's definitely bad.  To try and minimize the events of that day is on par with minimizing death threats / doxxing of Supreme Court justices.  Both of those sorts of things are attacks on our democracy.  Two sides, same coin.

I still can't get my head around how any patriot is okay with, or downplaying, or ignoring an attempt to subvert the will of the people. This country is a democracy, and the defining feature of a democracy is that the people get to choose their leaders. 

Trying to stay in power when the people picked a new leader is treason. Honor the will of the people.

True patriots have nothing but disdain for traitors, no matter their party.

(HULK) said:
I still can't get my head around how any patriot is okay with, or downplaying, or ignoring an attempt to subvert the will of the people. This country is a democracy, and the defining feature of a democracy is that the people get to choose their leaders. 

Trying to stay in power when the people picked a new leader is treason. Honor the will of the people.

GOP leadership is a collection of cowards projecting fear for profit and power. If their platform was truly better they would educate and lead, not act like this.

In the days before the Electoral College certification, Mike Pence's legal team laid out that they found most of the Trump campaign's assertions of election fraud minor or unverifiable, according to a previously unseen memo obtained by POLITICO.

Pence team couldn't verify Trump campaign's election fraud claims, new memo shows

The memo shows Pence’s legal team didn’t just track the barrage of wild legal arguments from former President Donald Trump’s lawyers and allies, but also meticulously monitored the allegations of election fraud and mismanagement. It specifically includes charges leveled by the Trump campaign itself in court.

In the days before the Electoral College certification, Mike Pence's legal team laid out that they found most of the Trump campaign's assertions of election fraud minor or unverifiable, according to a previously unseen memo obtained by POLITICO.

Pence team couldn't verify Trump campaign's election fraud claims, new memo shows

The memo shows Pence’s legal team didn’t just track the barrage of wild legal arguments from former President Donald Trump’s lawyers and allies, but also meticulously monitored the allegations of election fraud and mismanagement. It specifically includes charges leveled by the Trump campaign itself in court.
I bet Mike's team didn't track cell phone usage around drop off boxes, though.

GOP leadership is a collection of cowards projecting fear for profit and power. If their platform was truly better they would educate and lead, not act like this.
I knew you were playing the slow game and acting like you were a republican(ish) for a couple of decades only to come out now to make Trump look bad. 

(HULK) said:

The thing that I can't shake is that a lot of people who were close to Trump knew that he was dangerous.  McMaster and Tillerson apparently recognized that very early on, and William Barr knew too.  I'm sure there were others.  

Obviously people have resigned from other administrations before over policy differences.  I can't recall anybody ever leaving an administration the way these guys did.  Maybe it happened during the Nixon years, but that was before my time.  

How come GOP officials can't take the hint and move on to somebody less overtly terrible?

(HULK) said:

It's tough to admit that "your side" contains people who are willing to commit crimes against the country on behalf of your party. (See also: downplaying the threats against the Supreme Court.)

It's even tougher to admit that "your side" contains leaders who are willing to stay silent as those crimes are being committed.

BladeRunner said:
Wait....who is saying 1/6 didn't actually happen?  Or is this just more hyperbole to score some likes?
Don't want to speak for the Commish but what we are saying about 1/6 is acknowledging in agreement with Liz Cheney that:

Trump “summoned the mob, assembled the mob and lit the flame of this attack.”

Don't want to speak for the Commish but what we are saying about 1/6 is acknowledging in agreement with Liz Cheney that:

Trump “summoned the mob, assembled the mob and lit the flame of this attack.”
What comes off worse ?

''“I want to tell you, Gorsuch, I want to tell you, Kavanaugh, you have released the whirlwind and you will pay the price. You won’t know what hit you if you go forward with these awful decisions.''
''“Let’s make sure we show up wherever we have to show up. And if you see anybody from that Cabinet in a restaurant, in a department store, at a gasoline station, you get out and you create a crowd. And you push back on them. And you tell them they’re not welcome anymore, anywhere.''
OR

''

Did you see the other day where Joe Biden said, I want to get rid of the America First policy? What's that all about? Get rid of. How do you say I want to get rid of America First? Even if you're going to do it, don't talk about it, right? Unbelievable what we have to go through. What we have to go through.

And you have to get your people to fight. And if they don't fight, we have to primary the hell out of the ones that don't fight. You primary them. We're going to. We're going to let you know who they are. I can already tell you, frankly.

Republicans are, Republicans are constantly fighting like a boxer with his hands tied behind his back. It's like a boxer. And we want to be so nice. We want to be so respectful of everybody, including bad people. And we're going to have to fight much harder.

Because you'll never take back our country with weakness. You have to show strength and you have to be strong. We have come to demand that Congress do the right thing and only count the electors who have been lawfully slated, lawfully slated.

I know that everyone here will soon be marching over to the Capitol building to peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard.

And we fight. We fight like hell. And if you don't fight like hell, you're not going to have a country anymore.''

What comes off worse ?

''“I want to tell you, Gorsuch, I want to tell you, Kavanaugh, you have released the whirlwind and you will pay the price. You won’t know what hit you if you go forward with these awful decisions.''
''“Let’s make sure we show up wherever we have to show up. And if you see anybody from that Cabinet in a restaurant, in a department store, at a gasoline station, you get out and you create a crowd. And you push back on them. And you tell them they’re not welcome anymore, anywhere.''
OR

''

Did you see the other day where Joe Biden said, I want to get rid of the America First policy? What's that all about? Get rid of. How do you say I want to get rid of America First? Even if you're going to do it, don't talk about it, right? Unbelievable what we have to go through. What we have to go through.

And you have to get your people to fight. And if they don't fight, we have to primary the hell out of the ones that don't fight. You primary them. We're going to. We're going to let you know who they are. I can already tell you, frankly.

Republicans are, Republicans are constantly fighting like a boxer with his hands tied behind his back. It's like a boxer. And we want to be so nice. We want to be so respectful of everybody, including bad people. And we're going to have to fight much harder.

Because you'll never take back our country with weakness. You have to show strength and you have to be strong. We have come to demand that Congress do the right thing and only count the electors who have been lawfully slated, lawfully slated.

I know that everyone here will soon be marching over to the Capitol building to peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard.

And we fight. We fight like hell. And if you don't fight like hell, you're not going to have a country anymore.''
I don't know what Biden has to do with making politicians accountable for their actions. I kind of feel Republicans that supported Trump going back to 2016 are to blame for causing moderate conservatives to vote for Biden. I see the old "don't blame me I voted for Trump" signs and I think that is precisely why I do blame you. You are the one responsible for giving us such a lousy choice for President

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is a memo written on J5 from Pence's top lawyer declaring the plan for VP Pence to block Biden's electoral votes to be illegal.

To: Vice President Pence

SUBJECT: ANALYSIS OF PROFESSOR EASTMAN'S PROPOSALS

In the memo, Pence counsel Greg Jacob lays out 4 specific ways that, in his view, John Eastman's proposal to delay the transfer of power would violate the law.

Kyle Cheney Twitter Thread

Politico Article:

Pence-world’s final takedown of Trump’s Jan. 6 bid to remain in power revealed in his lawyer's memo

Here is a memo written on J5 from Pence's top lawyer declaring the plan for VP Pence to block Biden's electoral votes to be illegal.

In the memo, Pence counsel Greg Jacob lays out 4 specific ways that. in his view, John Eastman's proposal to delay the transfer of power would violate the law.

Politico Article:

Pence-world’s final takedown of Trump’s Jan. 6 bid to remain in power revealed in his lawyer's memo
Also, Jacob is slated to testify publicly Thursday.

People do know and comprehend that the groups ...like the PROUD BOYS and others ...never heard a word of Trumps rally speech ...right? They never went to the rally...they went directly to the Capitol and started the violence that was already underway when the rest of the rally crowd finally showed up. Some of those people joined in and most did not

People do know and comprehend that the groups ...like the PROUD BOYS and others ...never heard a word of Trumps rally speech ...right? They never went to the rally...they went directly to the Capitol and started the violence that was already underway when the rest of the rally crowd finally showed up. Some of those people joined in and most did not
Yes correct. What we’re not entirely sure of, but seems to be entirely plausible, is a coordinated effort that includes Trump, the Proud Boys and others. It is irrelevant that they were not at the Trump Rally. In fact by not being together, it gives each of them plausible deniability. 

Yes correct. What we’re not entirely sure of, but seems to be entirely plausible, is a coordinated effort that includes Trump, the Proud Boys and others. It is irrelevant that they were not at the Trump Rally. In fact by not being together, it gives each of them plausible deniability. 
oh you mean a conspiracy involving Trump ,gotcha

Or realize the issue with Trump wasn’t simply about his words at the rally that day.
So Washington politics and the media and big tech  isnt already crazy corrupt and nobody knew that but Trump and he figured it out and told the rest of the world . What would we have done without him . He`s the the Messiah of truth (im clearly kidding in case all y'all think im serious ). 

So Washington politics and the media and big tech  isnt already crazy corrupt and nobody knew that but Trump and he figured it out and told the rest of the world . What would we have done without him . He`s the the Messiah of truth (im clearly kidding in case all y'all think im serious ). 
Yeah. This doesn’t really address much at all about what 1/6 was about and what led up to it.  Doesn’t seem like an honest attempt to discuss this topic.

Yeah. This doesn’t really address much at all about what 1/6 was about and what led up to it.  Doesn’t seem like an honest attempt to discuss this topic.
So many people are looking for something i dont think is there. Thats why i answer the way i do. Its as crazy as saying Soros is funding the Caravans from down south or he funded the summer of love riots . Trump knows how corrupt Washington is ,we all do . He truly to this day believes the left took the election from him. Him saying it isnt against the law . Hillary didnt think Trump beat her in 2016. Many times this has happened in other elections,its nothing new . Whats new is the following Trump had or has . I promise you he didnt expect what happened on Jan 6th,  but he was probably more in awe than shocked . He should have acted sooner to quell the event , for that he is guilty of not speaking out sooner. I dont expect anyone to agree with me lol. Hes got a HUGE EGO and thats one of the main reasons i dont want him running again,we need some humility and level heads in office .

So many people are looking for something i dont think is there. Thats why i answer the way i do. Its as crazy as saying Soros is funding the Caravans from down south or he funded the summer of love riots . Trump knows how corrupt Washington is ,we all do . He truly to this day believes the left took the election from him. Him saying it isnt against the law . Hillary didnt think Trump beat her in 2016. Many times this has happened in other elections,its nothing new . Whats new is the following Trump had or has . I promise you he didnt expect what happened on Jan 6th,  but he was probably more in awe than shocked . He should have acted sooner to quell the event , for that he is guilty of not speaking out sooner. I dont expect anyone to agree with me lol. Hes got a HUGE EGO and thats one of the main reasons i dont want him running again,we need some humility and level heads in office .
None of this has a thing to do with his words and actions or the events of 1/6.  I have zero idea why you are deflecting with this.

I actually was thinking of people in this thread rather than GOP leadership. I know those folks know better and are just hypocrites.

In the memo, Pence counsel Greg Jacob lays out 4 specific ways that, in his view, John Eastman's proposal to delay the transfer of power would violate the law.

Politico Article:

Disgusting. How do the "patriots" rationalize this stuff?

Scott Perry- pardon?

Be interesting to see what more information we find out on the subject. The committee left us hanging as to where they found this out about this and other pardon requests from other GOP Representatives. I suspect Jared Kushner may be the source as we heard him say in the video clip Thursday that he was working on pardons.

"Pennsylvania Paper Rips Rep. Scott Perry as He Denies Seeking Trump Pardon

BY NATALIE COLAROSSI ON 6/11/22 AT 10:39 AM EDT

Aprominent Pennsylvania newspaper's editorial board published an article against state Republican Representative Scott Perry on Friday, after he was accused of asking former President Donald Trump for a preemptive pardon following the January 6, 2021, Capitol riot.

On Thursday, the House select committee investigating last year's riot said in its first public hearing that Perry, along with "multiple other Republican congressmen," sought presidential pardons for their roles in attempting to overturn the 2020 presidential election.

The allegations were made by Representative Liz Cheney, a Wyoming Republican and the vice chairwoman of the committee, who said that Perry played a key role in attempting to undermine the election. However, she has not yet provided specific details of the allegations, and Perry's office has vehemently denied the claims.

Nonetheless, the allegation prompted the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, one of the state's largest newspapers, to question Perry's moral and ethics

The "Pittsburgh Post-Gazette slammed Pennsylvania GOP Representative Scott Perry on Friday for allegedly seeking a presidential pardon following the January 6, 2021, Capitol riot. Above, Perry speaks outside the Capitol on February 28 in Washington, DC.DREW ANGERER/GETTY IMAGES

"Legal experts agree that presidential pardons are intended for persons accused of or convicted of federal crimes. It is extremely rare for anyone to receive a preemptive pardon for an offense already committed but not charged. Rep. Perry had led an effort to turn back the results of the presidential election, but he had not been charged with a crime," the newspaper's editorial board wrote. "Was he, by the very act of asking, admitting to criminal or unethical behavior? Why else would he ask? It certainly raises suspicions." 

sho nuff said:
Yet dozers posts have been factual and informative and about the topic rather than mostly about other posters or the disingenuous "get him yet?" style posts.
Not even close to factual.  His posts are straight from msm liberal outlets full of inaccuracies but you keep it up.  If you like an example just let me know.  

Trump thinking and saying that absolutely is legal.  So are all of the lawsuits he brought.  That's the proper way to deal with it. 

It's also legal (even if childish) to hold rallies to whine about how you don't think you lost, and it's legal to not accept defeat. 

What is not legal is leaning on Raffesnsberger to commit election fraud.  It's also not legal to lean on Pence to not certify the vote.  Both of these acts were illegal, and out in the open.  Unambiguously illegal. 

Users who are viewing this thread