What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Official 10th 0f 10 pick strats (1 Viewer)

Debeucci

Footballguy
I keep seeing 12 man league strats. Well, all 4 of my leagues are 10 mans. Easier? No, just different kind of strats.

So let's figure it out. Assuming 1pt/10 yds rushing and receving, 25yds/pt passing, 6pts/td all around.

I've done a dozen or so mock drafts. Only once has Vick and AJ fallen to me.

So realistically, the options I'm looking at are:

Mendy, McFadden

White, Megatron

I think MJD is too much an injury risk.

It's too high for Hicks

Fitz's surrounding cast is unstable.

I also wouldn't draft McCoy and Forte in my league only because it's not ppr and there are bonuses for 100 yd games. While their dual threats tend to get over 100 yards all purpose, it's rarely for just rushing or receiving.

I am considering taking a flyer on Vick if he falls to 10th, but I've almost never seen that happen. What I have seen is Brady fall to the bottom of the 3rd which I usually snatch up in an instant.

It's looking like wr/rb for me unless there's a very heavy run on rbs and AJ/CJ falls to me. assuming Mendy is gone before 10th. I"m definitely comfortable this year getting only 1 rb in the first 4 rounds since I think there is lots of value in the later rounds at rb like Lynch, Addai, Wells, etc...

What are other 10/10s thinking of doing?

I too find myself in several 10 teamers with low first round pics.

I will let you figure out which players for yourself but will be happy to share my position strategy

I think when you draft at the turn it can leave you venerable if you go wrwr or rbrb or pic a qb at the 10/11 spot. For instance, if you go rb,rb at 10/11 when the 28th and 29th pics are being made, it's likely that they will grab wr's or QB's knowing you will most likely pass on rb's and then grab their rb a couple of pics later. Also, what happens if a stud RB falls to 30 but your already full? Bottom line, stay flexible and unreadable by going rbwr if value allows it.

Good Luck

...if you go rb,rb at 10/11 when the 28th and 29th pics are being made, it's likely that they will grab wr's or QB's knowing you will most likely pass on rb's and then grab their rb a couple of pics later.
Agreed. Even if you're getting the best immediate value, drafting the same position back-to-back really limits your options 19 picks later. Unless one of the top 4 RBs fall to me, I'll be using the upside down drafting strategy. Having said that, I can definitely see a scenario where McCoy and McFadden are both available, and getting that pair might be tempting. My league is standard scoring, but QBs get 6 points for TDs and no INT penalties. There's usually a run from the late first to the late second that sees 5-7 QBs coming off the board. I'm thinking my best option is to get in front of that run and go QB/WR. My concern there is that the best QB available may not be Vick or Rodgers. I'll hang myself if I have to go Brady/Roddy White.This is the first time I've drafted at the turn in a 'real' league; it seems like it's all about being aggressive and assuming that your guy won't be there if you wait.

Users who are viewing this thread