What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Official 10th Pick Thread (PPR, 12 team) (1 Viewer)

kyoun1e

Footballguy
Figured I'd start this thread since I don't see it here and it may be beneficial to all those picking towards the end of the first round.

At ten, you miss out on the no brainer top 6. I find myself scratching my head on whether I should start with a "safe" or "high floor" WR selection in say, AJ Green, J. Nelson, and Mike Evans or roll the dice a little bit and grab my #1 RB from the likes of M. Gordon, L. McCoy, and D. Freeman.

A big question: On the turn in round 2 with pick 15, who is more likely to be there? The WRs in this group? Or the RBs? Based on ADP, it looks like all the RBs will be gone so it may be wise to grab one of those three or you may be looking at D. Murray in round 2 or waiting until round 4 for the likes of T. Montgomery or D. Cook (or going zero RB). However, AJ Green and Jordy may also be gone by pick 15 in round 2 as well (and grabbing A. Cooper or M. Thomas there seems like a reach).

Anyways curious how others are playing this and ranking the usual suspects in PPR when pick #10 rolls around.

Welp...with Watkins trade and Zeke suspension I'm thinking L. McCoy could be getting a ton of targets now. Will be hard to resist at 10.

ponchsox said:
McCoy won't be available at 10. He won't be available at 7 most likely.
Not so sure. That offense will not scare many now. Sure, he'll get the touches but he's going to face a lot of stacked boxes.

Starting to feel that there's more bust risk among the RBs: 

* M. Gordon -- Horrible YPC a red flag; Will get the touches but is he really that good?

* L. McCoy -- Per above comment.

* D. Freeman -- ATL offense was historic last year. Will be hard to repeat. Coleman presence. New offensive coordinator.

AJ Green, M. Evans, and Jordy all feel like safer plays at 10. 

I'm thinking going with Zeke if he drops and if his suspension gets reduced say to 4 games. I think I can stay competitive until he gets back with the rest of my draft. But if it stays at 6 games I'm going in another direction maybe ajayi, aj green or jordy. 

1 pt per reception league.......

finfansteve said:
I'm thinking going with Zeke if he drops and if his suspension gets reduced say to 4 games. I think I can stay competitive until he gets back with the rest of my draft. But if it stays at 6 games I'm going in another direction maybe ajayi, aj green or jordy. 

1 pt per reception league.......
Don't think I'd go there at six games. Earliest I'd consider Zeke with a 6 game suspension is the 3rd round and pick 34 overall.

If reduced to 4 games, I'd consider in round 2 at pick 15, but don't love it. 

Looks like Evans, AJ or Jordy with this pick to me 
I'm starting to lean this way.

How would you rank? I'm thinking:

AJ

Jordy

Evans

There's a chance you could grab 2 of these 3 as well with picks one and two. If no, one of Gordon, Freeman, Ajayi, or Howard should be sitting there with pick #15 overall.

I'm starting to lean this way.

How would you rank? I'm thinking:

AJ

Jordy

Evans

There's a chance you could grab 2 of these 3 as well with picks one and two. If no, one of Gordon, Freeman, Ajayi, or Howard should be sitting there with pick #15 overall.

I doubt one will make it around.  Rank them?  Your ranking looks about right.  

If you can get AJ, jordy, or Evans...Do it. 
I'm leaning that way...in that order.

Too many red flags around Freeman (regression after historic ATL offensive performance) and Gordon (low YPC, TD regression like previous year).

McCoy is the only question. He probably will not make it to 10 anyways, but if he does it will be tempting.

I'm picking 10th in a 14-team league and planning on picking one of the 3 WRs talked about, TD-heavy league so leaning Jordy if all 3 are available. I feel like the pick coming back down is a crucial one especially in a 14 teamer.

12 Team PPR (Flex), taking 10th, my team so far (in order)

McCoy, Gordon, Miller, D. Thomas.

Decided to try the Zero WR technique because the picks before me: 6/9 were WR. Zig when others zag.

Based on the fact that it is a flex league I am very comfortable with this idea. It was difficult to draft Miller in round 3 I must admit, but the DD suggested the value to be VERY high so I went with it. Fortunately, only missed out on Allen Robinson and Tom Brady at the 3-4 turn (two other RBs selected). So my conclusion to date: happy for the moment. Obviously targeting WR/TE next two rounds.

12 Team PPR (Flex), taking 10th, my team so far (in order)

McCoy, Gordon, Miller, D. Thomas.

Decided to try the Zero WR technique because the picks before me: 6/9 were WR. Zig when others zag.

Based on the fact that it is a flex league I am very comfortable with this idea. It was difficult to draft Miller in round 3 I must admit, but the DD suggested the value to be VERY high so I went with it. Fortunately, only missed out on Allen Robinson and Tom Brady at the 3-4 turn (two other RBs selected). So my conclusion to date: happy for the moment. Obviously targeting WR/TE next two rounds.
Did you pass on AJ, Jordy, or Evans?

What do you think about going WR-WR with the first two picks? I am hoping one of the top 6 WR's fall to me at #10. However, I play in a .5 PPR league and I am afraid they will all be gone. In that case, would taking Michael Thomas at #10 be a reach? Is Dez Bryant too high at #15?

Also, at the 3-4 turn would Joe Mixon be a reach?

Which players are you targeting at each of the turns? I am targeting:

10 & 15: M. Gordon, J. Nelson, A.J. Green, M. Thomas, D. Bryant

34 & 39: D. Cook, J. Mixon, K. Allen, A. Jeffrey, T. Kelce

58 & 63: D. McFadden, D. Martin, S. Diggs, L. Fitzgerald, J. Graham

Last edited by a moderator:
What do you think about going WR-WR with the first two picks? I am hoping one of the top 6 WR's fall to me at #10. However, I play in a .5 PPR league and I am afraid they will all be gone. In that case, would taking Michael Thomas at #10 be a reach? Is Dez Bryant too high at #15?

I thought about WR-WR for sure, but by the time it got to me, RB was the best value (by far... not even close). So, buck the grain. Michael Thomas at 10 is a bit of a reach to me when the #3-4 RB is still on the board. If you really like him, there is a possiblity he is there at 15? Dez is probably a bit high at 15 but you dont have the luxury of waiting til 18-20 now do you? When you draft on or near the corners, the "reach" you have to execute is not the same as if you are drafting in the middle (#4-9). Sometimes you have to go grab what you want

Hadn't considered M. Thomas at 10, but I'm coming around to the idea. Would allow me to focus on #1 WR in round 1 ideally choosing between AJ, Jordy, Evans, Thomas and then you can just let the RBs fall to you in RD 2. You could still see M. Thomas there or one of Gordon/Freeman could fall as well. 

J. Ajayi now starting to creep into my mind for round 2 at #15 after watching him bully his way to 2 TDs last night.

I'm targeting RB in rounds 3 or 4 as well. Not sure McCaffrey or Cook will be there in RD 3, #34. Would hope for Cooks/Pryor/Hill there if not. In RD 4, # 39 I'm targeting one of T. Montgomery, I. Crowell, J. Mixon, or C. Hyde.

Hadn't considered M. Thomas at 10, but I'm coming around to the idea. Would allow me to focus on #1 WR in round 1 ideally choosing between AJ, Jordy, Evans, Thomas and then you can just let the RBs fall to you in RD 2. You could still see M. Thomas there or one of Gordon/Freeman could fall as well. 

J. Ajayi now starting to creep into my mind for round 2 at #15 after watching him bully his way to 2 TDs last night.

I'm targeting RB in rounds 3 or 4 as well. Not sure McCaffrey or Cook will be there in RD 3, #34. Would hope for Cooks/Pryor/Hill there if not. In RD 4, # 39 I'm targeting one of T. Montgomery, I. Crowell, J. Mixon, or C. Hyde.
I don't think Ajayi will be there at 15 if you want him.

I don't think Ajayi will be there at 15 if you want him.
Maybe. Maybe not.

Lot of options in there for 11-14. Gordon could drop. Gronk could go. Some moron could take Rodgers or Brady. 

And you may have some who prefer Murray or Howard over Ajayi.

Maybe. Maybe not.

Lot of options in there for 11-14. Gordon could drop. Gronk could go. Some moron could take Rodgers or Brady. 

And you may have some who prefer Murray or Howard over Ajayi.
I agree. I draft 9th out of 12 tonight and love the spot. I can get my RB1 at 9 and take whoever falls at 16. We have 8 really good players and 4 guppies in this league so someone falls every year that shouldn't.

I'm 9th in a 10 team PPR but rather than start a separate thread, I'm essentially running into the same options. The first two rounds I've virtually mocked WR-RB as most noted above with the same players (Evans, Green, Nelson, Thomas) and turn back to (Ajayi, Howard, Murray, Gordon/Freeman falling).

Doing that seemed to put me middle of the pack and the 3rd round became really tricky because you're choosing between RB3s to be your second starter or WR3s to be your second WR starter. 

I also recently tried a mock where I picked WR in the 1st and went with Elliot in the 2nd. If you think Zeke will return to form when his suspension is up, I didn't see such a drop off from grabbing him than I thought I may and instead gave me more upside as there was a lot more evenness in the middle rounds this year than I realized.

Just finished a draft from the 10 spot. PPR . .25/carry. Start 2RB/3WR/TE/2Flex

Freeman fell to me (over Jordy and Thomas)

Dez (over cooper and Cook's)

Allen (v happy)

Hurt 

Diggs

R Wilson (over AA)

Garcon (over Duke)

M Jones (over McFadden)

RB: Prosise, Kamara and Washington

WR: Coleman

TE: Henry, Ebron

Regret Wilson a little bit, but it started a minor QB run and got some of the last weekly starters at WR. Personally don't like tanking QB and TE.

Just drafted from ten spot in 12 team, .5 PPR.

1. A.J. Green

2. D. Bryant

3. D. Cook

4. C. Hyde

5. S. Diggs

6. D. Martin

Just to give people an idea.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread