What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official 2008 NFL Draft Thread*** (1 Viewer)

YEAAAAAHHHH!!!!!!

Even better.
I'm ok with a Giants Vikings playoff rematch. Same outcome, of course, but I'll be rooting for you guys to make it fun for the greatest front office in the NFL.
It would look more like the game last year when the Vikings on the road dismantled the Giants. Eli threw 3 great TD passes that game but they were to Viking defenders...lol.
Oh sorry, you've been living under a rock.Super Bowl Champion New York Giants

Can I get an AMEN!

:shrug: :wall:
OK so we dismantled the Super Bowl champs at home. Looks even better for us.

Has anyone had the NFL.com draft tracker work today? Seems like today, of all days, would be a good day for it to work.

Lions take Jordon Dizon.
Since ESPN is apparently going to ignore the Lions, can anyone tell me about DIzon? Is he good?
To say that Dizon is a tackling machine would be an understatement. Including bowl games, he registered 463 tackles during his career, the eighth-best total in NCAA major college history and the second-best among active players behind Central Michigan's Red Keith (465). No player in college had more total tackles (173) or averaged more tackles per game (13.31) in 2007 than the Buffaloes' weak-side inside linebacker.

Colorado, which recognizes only regular-season statistics, placed Dizon fourth on its all-time record chart. Only Barry Remington (493, 1982-86), Matt Russell (446, 1993-96) and Greg Biekert (441, 1989-92) produced more stops during their CU careers.

In 2007, Dizon became the first Buff defensive player to win Big 12 Conference Player of the Year honors and the first to garner league player of the year honors among Colorado defenders since cornerback Deon Figures earned the nod in 1992, the same year he won the Jim Thorpe Award as the nation's top defensive back.
I'd say that looks pretty good. he sounds like the anti-Paris Lenon :goodposting:

Lions run a tampa 2 defense. putting a stiff run-stuffing LB like Connor in at MLB and having him regularly drop into coverage makes no sense.

Dizon is a much better fit for the Lions scheme than Connor and is probably a better NFL player anyway. Good pick there.
:goodposting: Dizon is a tackling machine. Sims and DIzon will be all over the place for that D. Very nice pick.
He's undersized and underpowered. It's nice to get by in the NCAA on guts and drive, but in the NFL the lineman he'll confront will eat and poop him, I'm afraid. I don't think he's that athletic either. Be fun to follow.

Man... I'm terrible at evaluating talent, I guess. Or are Kelly's knees completely shot?
They are bad and he's slow.Jerome Simpson has the largest hands in the draft. 11" and the dude can jump. He will take over for Henry and not miss a beat.

Dizon is a much better fit for the Lions scheme than Connor and is probably a better NFL player anyway. Good pick there.
:thumbup: Dizon is a tackling machine. Sims and DIzon will be all over the place for that D. Very nice pick.
He's undersized and underpowered. It's nice to get by in the NCAA on guts and drive, but in the NFL the lineman he'll confront will eat and poop him, I'm afraid. I don't think he's that athletic either. Be fun to follow.
Definitely undersized, but fits that scheme well. He is very athletic, have you seen him play? It's not just "guts and drive". He is a great tackler, and can run from sideline to sideline.

Users who are viewing this thread