What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** Official 2010 Philadelphia Eagles Thread *** (1 Viewer)

So if Atlanta loses twice and the Eagles win out, I figure the Eagles will get the #1 seed. If Chicago loses once, then we would be tied with Atlanta

at 12-4 and we would win the tiebreaker because we beat Atlanta. If Chicago wins out, it will be a 3-way tie at 12-4 and the tiebreaker would go

to strength of Victory which the Eagles lead in over both Atlanta and Chicago.

Of course there is no way Atlanta loses their last game of the season at home against Carolina, but I can dream, can't I?

What sucks is that if Atlanta wins one of their last two games, we will most likely end up the #3 seed and have to play a tougher wildcard game (most likely against the Giants) then the top wildcard team does (at St. Louis or Seattle). I think all division winners should make the playoffs, but be seeded according to their record.
:blackdot: you admit the possibility of Chicago losing once in your first scenario, but not in the second?

and wouldn't Chicago win a tiebreaker with all 3 at 12-4, since they would be 1-0 in head-to-head games, as compared to 1-1 and 0-1?
No, me saying that Chicago would lose once was just to show that there are two different ways for the Eagles to end up in a tie for the #1 seed. In a two way tie with Atlanta, or a three way tie with Atlanta and Chicago.Also, the head to head does not apply in a three way tie unless one team has swept the other two or been swept by the other two. That does not

apply in this case.
hmm, ok. What you are saying does seem like what I have seen in my experience, but I had gone to NFL.com before posting (http://www.nfl.com/standings/tiebreakingprocedures), which says:To determine home-field priority among division-titlists, apply Wild Card tie-breakers.

Wild Card tiebreaker 1 (for 3 clubs): Apply division tie breaker to eliminate all but the highest ranked club in each division prior to proceeding to step 2. The original seeding within a division upon application of the division tie breaker remains the same for all subsequent applications of the procedure that are necessary to identify the two Wild-Card participants.

Divisional tiebreaker 1 (for 3 clubs): Head-to-head (best won-lost-tied percentage in games among the clubs).

Maybe it is in another clause somewhere, but I don't see the sweep issue mentioned on that page.
The bolded does not apply because all three teams are from different divisions. Step 2 of the wildcard tiebreaker is:Head-to-head sweep. (Applicable only if one club has defeated each of the others or if one club has lost to each of the others.)

hmmm, playoff scenario generator shows ATL getting 1, CHI getting 2 and Eagles getting 3 if ATL loses out and CHI and Eagles win out. That's with NO losing their last game.

If NO, CHI and PHI win out and ATL loses out, NO gets the 1 instead.
You're right if NO wins out (Better conference record to win the division and to gain the #1 seed) but the Yahoo playoff generator I used shows the Eagles as #1 seed if there is a three way tie between them and Atlanta and Chicago. Check your settings on your generator. If you actually picked all of the games in the last two weeks and they were significantly different then mine, then that could affect the strength of victory enough that yours shows Atlanta as the #1 seed and mine shows the Eagles.Jeff above was right, we have to root for Chicago to lose.
:blackdot: All I changed was CHI, ATL and NO.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/playoffscenari...amp;16=00010101

yeah, I gotcha. I just changed some of the other games and it put the Eagles as the 1. So yes, if Chicago doesn't lose, it will be influenced by a lot of other games.

Last edited by a moderator:
So what do have left? Realistically think this is how it will end up:

Philly: Minny (win) and Dallas (win) 12-4

Chicago: Jets (loss) and @ GB (win) 11-5

Atlanta: New Orleans (loss) and Carolina (win) 13-3

New Orleans: @ Atlanta (win) and TB (win) 12-4

We would get 2 seed (Atlanta would get the 1) in this situation, correct? Even though NO would have the same record and better conference record, they don't get it due to not being a divisional winner.

We would get 2 seed (Atlanta would get the 1) in this situation, correct? Even though NO would have the same record and better conference record, they don't get it due to not being a divisional winner.
I think that's why the NFC West winner gets a home game despite having a worse record then the WC teams.

I think that's why the NFC West winner gets a home game despite having a worse record then the WC teams.
right, exactly. Regardless of what happens, I am ecstatic about this team blowing away my pre-season expectations of 8-8 being a good year.

right, exactly. Regardless of what happens, I am ecstatic about this team blowing away my pre-season expectations of 8-8 being a good year.

I assume the 10 man thing was confusion by someone who thought the hands team was supposed to be out when they called for the onsides kick.

And everybody copes with disaster differently.

Not to get ahead of ourselves, but think about this:Philly as a 2 seed.

New Orleans as the 5 seed travels to SF/STL/SEA and wins.

Chicago beats NYG or GB at home.

Then you have PHI home vs. CHI and ATL vs. NO.

Should NO win (very possible) and PHI win, PHI hosts the Saints for the rights to go to the Big Game.

Merry Christmas Eagles fans!!

So who's going to the game and sleeping at the Linc tomorrow night?!

Gas up and load up on supplies! Gonna be a crazy day today.

Hurricane Swhawrz calling for 10-20", near blizzard conditions during the game.

Going to be epic!!!!

Division champs and at least one home playoff game no matter what happens from here.

I'll tip my cap to Andy, Marty and the rest of the crew for that because I wouldn't have expected that level of success this year entering the season. :2cents:

Should NO win (very possible) and PHI win, PHI hosts the Saints for the rights to go to the Big Game.
Why would the Eagles want the Saints to win and host a NFC conference championship game when Vick can go back home to end the homefield advantge of the dome.Of course all this is moot because the Eagles will get the #3 seed and be 1 and done.

Why would the Eagles want the Saints to win and host a NFC conference championship game when Vick can go back home to end the homefield advantge of the dome.Of course all this is moot because the Eagles will get the #3 seed and be 1 and done.
Just curious if you've taken a look at Andy Reid's record in the first round of the playoffs?

Way to go Reid and Co for failing to adapt and forcing your QB whose beat up, get beat up even more by failing to run the ball.

Great job on bulking up the secondary in the offseason

Way to go Reid and Co for failing to adapt and forcing your QB whose beat up, get beat up even more by failing to run the ball. Great job on bulking up the secondary in the offseason
Not only that, Eagles' playoff oponents just got a nice glimpse of how to frustrate/stop Vick. Pretty sure D coordinaters around the league will try to copycat that Vikes game plan.

Way to go Reid and Co for failing to adapt and forcing your QB whose beat up, get beat up even more by failing to run the ball. Great job on bulking up the secondary in the offseason
Not only that, Eagles' playoff oponents just got a nice glimpse of how to frustrate/stop Vick. Pretty sure D coordinaters around the league will try to copycat that Vikes game plan.
They won't have to do much if he keeps having Vick chuck the ball 35+ times a game and have your RBs run 15 times or less

What a steaming pile of donkey #### that was.

Been saying it for awhile, defense is terrible. Mainly pass D, up there with the worst in the league.

It's possible that Aaron Rodgers comes here for round 1? Good lord hide the women and children, or hope for a blizzard. Oh wait... :popcorn:

What a steaming pile of donkey #### that was. Been saying it for awhile, defense is terrible. Mainly pass D, up there with the worst in the league. It's possible that Aaron Rodgers comes here for round 1? Good lord hide the women and children, or hope for a blizzard. Oh wait... :popcorn:
It goes back to the offseason. They made all those draft picks on defensive guys and none of them are helping much at all. You could release most of their secondary and outside Samuel & Mikel, none of them would be starting probably for any team.

What a steaming pile of donkey #### that was. Been saying it for awhile, defense is terrible. Mainly pass D, up there with the worst in the league. It's possible that Aaron Rodgers comes here for round 1? Good lord hide the women and children, or hope for a blizzard. Oh wait... :goodposting:
It goes back to the offseason. They made all those draft picks on defensive guys and none of them are helping much at all. You could release most of their secondary and outside Samuel & Mikel, none of them would be starting probably for any team.
at least you live up to your name = delusional. of course you probably haven't noticed that they lost 2 of those draft picks to season ending injuries (both of which were playing very well for rookies).what a disappointing loss. this is what they get for running from a game in the snow. I hate to say it, but the Eagles need to treat next week like a bye week and get ready for the playoffs. Let Vick rest and get everyone ready. So they lost an official bye. Take this one instead and just accept the fact that they have to play 1 more playoff game to get to the Superbowl.

What a steaming pile of donkey #### that was. Been saying it for awhile, defense is terrible. Mainly pass D, up there with the worst in the league. It's possible that Aaron Rodgers comes here for round 1? Good lord hide the women and children, or hope for a blizzard. Oh wait... :goodposting:
at least you live up to your name = delusional. of course you probably haven't noticed that they lost 2 of those draft picks to season ending injuries (both of which were playing very well for rookies).what a disappointing loss. this is what they get for running from a game in the snow. I hate to say it, but the Eagles need to treat next week like a bye week and get ready for the playoffs. Let Vick rest and get everyone ready. So they lost an official bye. Take this one instead and just accept the fact that they have to play 1 more playoff game to get to the Superbowl.
har har! how original. Face it, Graham wasn't doing anything exceptional...not for moving up and taking him where they did. Allen was playing well for a rookie, so that hurts but at the same time, injuries happen and you are supposed to have depth that can fill in. What most good teams considering bench, the eagles are using them as starters..problem is they are low talent to begin with. Regardless that was last draft and they failed to fix major problems. Now I am watching the news and vick said he hurt his knee in the 1st play of the game yet instead of taking pressure off him, reid & co dialed up 40+ pass plays. You try to find an excuse for that bull####. The way Vick has been playing this year has taken the stage away from what the problems are with this team.

Last edited by a moderator:
What a steaming pile of donkey #### that was. Been saying it for awhile, defense is terrible. Mainly pass D, up there with the worst in the league. It's possible that Aaron Rodgers comes here for round 1? Good lord hide the women and children, or hope for a blizzard. Oh wait... :bow:
gotta put that loss more on the offense though....

What a steaming pile of donkey #### that was. Been saying it for awhile, defense is terrible. Mainly pass D, up there with the worst in the league. It's possible that Aaron Rodgers comes here for round 1? Good lord hide the women and children, or hope for a blizzard. Oh wait... ;)
Oh. God forbid the offense didn't score 28 points. How dare they. Maybe the defense can hold a team to less than 17 points? They've done that once this year. They're getting smoked in the first round of the playoffs. Someone actually told me today that they heard Sean McDermott's name in head coaching chatter. :lmao: Can someone actually confirm this?

:rant:
What a steaming pile of donkey #### that was. Been saying it for awhile, defense is terrible. Mainly pass D, up there with the worst in the league. It's possible that Aaron Rodgers comes here for round 1? Good lord hide the women and children, or hope for a blizzard. Oh wait... ;)
Oh. God forbid the offense didn't score 28 points. How dare they. Maybe the defense can hold a team to less than 17 points? They've done that once this year. They're getting smoked in the first round of the playoffs. Someone actually told me today that they heard Sean McDermott's name in head coaching chatter. :towelwave: Can someone actually confirm this?
While the D hasn't been very good this loss was solely on the offence, the D only gave up 17 points and thats with the O turning the ball over 3 times.Vick was horrible, did any of his deep balls even come close to being completed? He was just completely out of sync with his passing all night. Still as has been mentioned above this one goes mainly on the coaching staff, where are the in game adjustments? When your QB is under constant heavy pressure why are they still calling long developing pass plays? Surely it's not that hard to work out that you better start running the ball more and/or calling more short passing plays where the QB can get rid of it quickly. It's madddening that if their gameplan doesn't work they don't seem to be able to adjust at all :rant: Am I the only one that can't understand why our blitzes never seem to work yet other teams seem to be able get guys coming through unblocked all the time?

While the D hasn't been very good this loss was solely on the offence, the D only gave up 17 points and thats with the O turning the ball over 3 times.Vick was horrible, did any of his deep balls even come close to being completed? He was just completely out of sync with his passing all night. Still as has been mentioned above this one goes mainly on the coaching staff, where are the in game adjustments? When your QB is under constant heavy pressure why are they still calling long developing pass plays? Surely it's not that hard to work out that you better start running the ball more and/or calling more short passing plays where the QB can get rid of it quickly. It's madddening that if their gameplan doesn't work they don't seem to be able to adjust at all :rant: Am I the only one that can't understand why our blitzes never seem to work yet other teams seem to be able get guys coming through unblocked all the time?
:banned: After the second 3 and out and watching Vick get T-boned from Winfield, you would think the Eagles would slide coverage or start picking up the blitz. The Vikes blitzes obliterated any semblance of a passing attack the entire game. Where were the adjustments? I saw sliding protection late in the game, but the first half had minimal adjustments.In addition, the way the Vikes secondary was covering, we should have adapted to a shorter passing attack. We did it for one series where we actually had a decent pass-rush balance. Then went away for it again for the homerun swings. Just don't understand it. We just gift wrapped the bye week to Chicago. Merry Christmas. :banned:

awful, awful game for us. The oline played poorly(again), the defense got shredded by a rookie QB, and Vick struggled. If the offense does not put up 28+ points we will lose. Thats how bad our defense is. Its amazing we have won as many games as we have. Vick was sacked like 6 times. Can you imagine how many sacks would have happened if Kolb or another less mobile QB was back there? They should just rest everybody important against dallas cuase it dont matter

What a steaming pile of donkey #### that was. Been saying it for awhile, defense is terrible. Mainly pass D, up there with the worst in the league. It's possible that Aaron Rodgers comes here for round 1? Good lord hide the women and children, or hope for a blizzard. Oh wait... :coffee:
Now I am watching the news and vick said he hurt his knee in the 1st play of the game yet instead of taking pressure off him, reid & co dialed up 40+ pass plays. You try to find an excuse for that bull####. The way Vick has been playing this year has taken the stage away from what the problems are with this team.
It makes no sense. Terrible in game coaching last night.

I can't fathom the team playing Vick or McCoy or Asante against Dallas, not to mention anyone else that's banged up but being counted on for the playoffs. What would be the point? Win, we're the 3 seed. Lose, we're the 3 seed.

:thumbup:

What a steaming pile of donkey #### that was. Been saying it for awhile, defense is terrible. Mainly pass D, up there with the worst in the league. It's possible that Aaron Rodgers comes here for round 1? Good lord hide the women and children, or hope for a blizzard. Oh wait... :lmao:
Oh. God forbid the offense didn't score 28 points. How dare they. Maybe the defense can hold a team to less than 17 points? They've done that once this year. They're getting smoked in the first round of the playoffs. Someone actually told me today that they heard Sean McDermott's name in head coaching chatter. :D Can someone actually confirm this?
While the D hasn't been very good this loss was solely on the offence, the D only gave up 17 points and thats with the O turning the ball over 3 times.Vick was horrible, did any of his deep balls even come close to being completed? He was just completely out of sync with his passing all night. Still as has been mentioned above this one goes mainly on the coaching staff, where are the in game adjustments? When your QB is under constant heavy pressure why are they still calling long developing pass plays? Surely it's not that hard to work out that you better start running the ball more and/or calling more short passing plays where the QB can get rid of it quickly. It's madddening that if their gameplan doesn't work they don't seem to be able to adjust at all :lmao: Am I the only one that can't understand why our blitzes never seem to work yet other teams seem to be able get guys coming through unblocked all the time?
While the offense certainly sucked last night, I just have a hard time "blaming" them for one loss when they're the main reason we have ten wins and are in the playoffs. 4th quarter, eagles make it 17-14. Back in the game, need a defensive stop. They proceed to let Joe Webb go 60 yards on 8 plays and convert a 3rd and 11 to put the game out of reach again.The D has been this bad all year, to fault the offense for one bad game isn't fair.

I think Antoine Winfield just came in untouched and hit Vick again.

Seriously how many free cb blitzes do they need to see before making an adjustment. Mccoy was only one ready to play.too bad the fat man did not use him.

Fire the Fat Man!! Green Bay will destroy the Eagles in the first round
:wall: The same "fat man" that just won 10 (or more) games, another division title, and sports the best overall record AND the best December record of anyone not named Bill Belichick?

:wall:

And who, pray tell, should we replace him with?

:thumbup: The same "fat man" that just won 10 (or more) games, another division title, and sports the best overall record AND the best December record of anyone not named Bill Belichick?

:thumbdown:

The only thing that matters anymore is winning the Super Bowl. He had another horrible game plan and in game adjustments last night. This o-line is terrible. They would be 5-10 if it wasn't for Vick, Kolb would have had like 4 concussions this season and the defense has been pretty bad all year. I don't know who to replace him with. But the fat man is not the answer. Even is talent evaluations are starting to look iffy.

:wall: The same "fat man" that just won 10 (or more) games, another division title, and sports the best overall record AND the best December record of anyone not named Bill Belichick?

The only thing that matters anymore is winning the Super Bowl. He had another horrible game plan and in game adjustments last night. This o-line is terrible. They would be 5-10 if it wasn't for Vick, Kolb would have had like 4 concussions this season and the defense has been pretty bad all year. I don't know who to replace him with. But the fat man is not the answer. Even is talent evaluations are starting to look iffy.
You mean the same eye for talent that:*** Signed Vick when no one wanted him

*** Has one of the youngest rosters in the NFL yet won a division with it

*** Managed to survive the loss of major defensive contributors by finding SEVENTH ROUNDERS at several positions who have held their own?

*** Have offensive stars at both WR positions and the RB position who are 22, 22 and 24 years of age?

*** Who found a stud defensive tackle in Dixon who can replace the inconsistent (and expensive) Bunkley?

Again I'll say it...give me a coach that's a) available and b) is a better fit for the job.

At least I hope Tuesday night football does not become a norm in the NFL. I had trouble finding any juice before this game. I didn't really get upset like I normally do either. Perhaps because I knew they would do no worse than the #3. Now we have GB coming in here. I guess we'll settle the argument of what Vick would have done with a full game against GB.

:bag: The same "fat man" that just won 10 (or more) games, another division title, and sports the best overall record AND the best December record of anyone not named Bill Belichick?

You mean the same eye for talent that:*** Signed Vick when no one wanted him

*** Managed to survive the loss of major defensive contributors by finding SEVENTH ROUNDERS at several positions who have held their own?

*** Have offensive stars at both WR positions and the RB position who are 22, 22 and 24 years of age?

*** Who found a stud defensive tackle in Dixon who can replace the inconsistent (and expensive) Bunkley?

Again I'll say it...give me a coach that's a) available and b) is a better fit for the job.
Vick was luck. The fat man wanted to give him a second chance because of his sons.

They won the division soley because of Vick!! How do people not see this. Without Vick they would be 5-10

Who have they lost on defense? Hobbs and Bradely? The defense wasn't even playing that good when they were in there.

They have offensive skill stars but thats about it. The o-line project has been a disgrace as has the secondary.

At least I hope Tuesday night football does not become a norm in the NFL. I had trouble finding any juice before this game. I didn't really get upset like I normally do either. Perhaps because I knew they would do no worse than the #3. Now we have GB coming in here. I guess we'll settle the argument of what Vick would have done with a full game against GB.
We still might have the Giants coming here, or even the Bucs depending on what happens this weekend.

Kolb is starting this weekend.

Vick has been great all year and a definite hit for AR and the Philly Organization, but there are concerns that MV has GOT to read and react better with his mind than his speed. Hopefully he will work harder to be smarter. I'm pulling for the guy to succeed and see Kevin move on to start for an AFC team.

Kolb is starting this weekend.Vick has been great all year and a definite hit for AR and the Philly Organization, but there are concerns that MV has GOT to read and react better with his mind than his speed. Hopefully he will work harder to be smarter. I'm pulling for the guy to succeed and see Kevin move on to start for an AFC team.
Yeah. I hope the Eagles don't hold out for some amazing trade package and then end up getting nothing for Kolb.

Kolb is starting this weekend.Vick has been great all year and a definite hit for AR and the Philly Organization, but there are concerns that MV has GOT to read and react better with his mind than his speed. Hopefully he will work harder to be smarter. I'm pulling for the guy to succeed and see Kevin move on to start for an AFC team.
It's going to be VERY interesting this offseason to say the least. I would think Kolb would fetch a fortune in trade now, but I also wonder if the Eagles don't equally value him given the need for a quality backup, and the fact Kolb is reasonably inexpensive next year. As an Eagles fan, I want some team to offer us such a haul that we just nod and say, "Bon Voyage" but I will understand if the Eagles don't bite on what's actually offered when push comes to shove.

You mean the same eye for talent that:

*** Signed Vick when no one wanted him

And why do the Eagles have the youngest roster in the NFL? Perhaps if the "same eye for talent" had drafted better from 2007 thru 2009 then he wouldn't have to have to rely on 7th round rookies holding their own? He had 26 draft picks those 3 years, and maybe 10 are on the roster still. Those are the drafts that should be providing players who are ready to step up now and contribute as young veteran players developed professionally in Andy's "system", whatever that is. Instead we now have 12 rostered rookies and 4 more on IR. Perhaps had he not gotten "cute" the last couple years and traded up and down to target players and outsmart other GMs we wouldn't have to rely on all these rookies? In 2009 he trades out of the 3rd and 4th rounds altogether and winds up taking a TE with a blown knee. There wasn't anyone available in the 3rd or 4th that didn't have a shredded knee? Yeah, he outsmarted everyone including himself!

Wait, is this the same "eye for talent' that tried to start a veteran DT at FB and a downhill skier at kick returner (each with no other backup plan to boot)?

Yes, he has had successes, you clearly pointed to those. However he's also had abysmal, stupid and embarrassing failures at every facet of the game, and not just personnel...failures that an 11 year HC/personnel guy should NOT be making.

As for a coach who's available and is a "better fit" for the job, well you are right as the Eagles "job" is probably more like 2 or 3 jobs. So yes, it would hard to find a good fit if all those hats are to be worn as they currently are. However there are plenty of qualified coaches/personnel types out there in the college and pro ranks. Andy himself was a little known QB coach before hired here. Plus it's not like Andy Reid is all that is keeping the Eagles from going 3-13 for the next decade. We'd hardly be doomed if another coach were handed this Eagles team.

You mean the same eye for talent that:

*** Signed Vick when no one wanted him

And why do the Eagles have the youngest roster in the NFL? Perhaps if the "same eye for talent" had drafted better from 2007 thru 2009 then he wouldn't have to have to rely on 7th round rookies holding their own? He had 26 draft picks those 3 years, and maybe 10 are on the roster still. Those are the drafts that should be providing players who are ready to step up now and contribute as young veteran players developed professionally in Andy's "system", whatever that is. Instead we now have 12 rostered rookies and 4 more on IR. Perhaps had he not gotten "cute" the last couple years and traded up and down to target players and outsmart other GMs we wouldn't have to rely on all these rookies? In 2009 he trades out of the 3rd and 4th rounds altogether and winds up taking a TE with a blown knee. There wasn't anyone available in the 3rd or 4th that didn't have a shredded knee? Yeah, he outsmarted everyone including himself!

Wait, is this the same "eye for talent' that tried to start a veteran DT at FB and a downhill skier at kick returner (each with no other backup plan to boot)?

Yes, he has had successes, you clearly pointed to those. However he's also had abysmal, stupid and embarrassing failures at every facet of the game, and not just personnel...failures that an 11 year HC/personnel guy should NOT be making.

As for a coach who's available and is a "better fit" for the job, well you are right as the Eagles "job" is probably more like 2 or 3 jobs. So yes, it would hard to find a good fit if all those hats are to be worn as they currently are. However there are plenty of qualified coaches/personnel types out there in the college and pro ranks. Andy himself was a little known QB coach before hired here. Plus it's not like Andy Reid is all that is keeping the Eagles from going 3-13 for the next decade. We'd hardly be doomed if another coach were handed this Eagles team.
I know of no team, coach or personnel man who hasn't had huge mistakes. The ultimate question is what do you get out of it? Very few teams have had more success than the Eagles over the last decade. Is Andy perfect? Of course not. But is he astoundingly successful at both his jobs, more so than most other people in the business? Indeed.

Jason Wood said:
G-King said:
It's going to be VERY interesting this offseason to say the least. I would think Kolb would fetch a fortune in trade now, but I also wonder if the Eagles don't equally value him given the need for a quality backup, and the fact Kolb is reasonably inexpensive next year. As an Eagles fan, I want some team to offer us such a haul that we just nod and say, "Bon Voyage" but I will understand if the Eagles don't bite on what's actually offered when push comes to shove.
1)Kolb is not inexpensive next year.2)Kolb is not a back up next year.

Jason Wood said:
G-King said:
1)Kolb is not inexpensive next year.2)Kolb is not a back up next year.
1) Yes he is, he's due $1.392 million next year after receiving a $10.7 million bonus plus a $715K salary this year2) He will be if he's still an Eagle

Users who are viewing this thread