What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

** Official 2011 Atlanta Falcons Off-Season Thread ** (1 Viewer)

chris_dub

Footballguy
Didn't see this posted yet so I took the liberty. Where's all Falcons fans here?

Fairly quiet start to the off-season so far. Nicholas re-signed & a bunch of UDFA's to fill the 90-man roster.

Lots of work to do re-signing the offensive line.

Ray Edwards & Kiwi are rumoured to be targets at DE.

AJCFalcons D. Orlando Ledbetter

DE Ray Edwards is on on way to the ATL. Air Blanks departs at 6::01 p.m. to scoop him up. Agreed to 5-year deal with #Falcons.

Very much like this move, seems like a good get.

http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/nfl/207666/falcons-land-top-pass-rusher-left-de-edwards

Falcons agreed to terms with DE Ray Edwards on a five-year, $30 million contract.

It's a huge get for the Falcons. Edwards' 16.5 sacks over the past two seasons in Minnesota are impressive, even if most of them came against single blocks. He forms a dominant bookend on the left side with right end John Abraham, one of the best sack-artists in the league. Still just 26, Edwards has major upside left as a disruptor of passing attacks. His market was slow to develop mostly because of character concerns. Atlanta can now trot out a three-defensive end rotation of Abraham, Edwards, and the highly underrated Kroy Biermann.

The Falcons already have invested a lot in WR Julio Jones, trading five draft choices for the right to move up and select him in April's draft. On Thursday night, the team agreed to invest even more in the former Alabama star.

According to WSB-TV in Atlanta, the team and Jones have agreed on a four-year, $16.2 million fully guaranteed contract. The Falcons first practice of the summer is on Friday.

Jones was the last Falcons rookie to remain unsigned, meaning the entire six-player class will be in camp when it opens.

The way we see it

Jones is expected to make an immediate impact on the Falcons offense, taking pressure off of WR Roddy White and RB Michael Turner and giving QB Matt Ryan another weapon down the field. Based on what the team traded to acquire him, it is expected the rookie will be a starter come Week One.

'ItsOnlytheRiver said:
You guys worried about losing Dahl to the Rams? I'd be pretty excited if we got him.
I like Dahl and didn't want to lose him but really didn't think they could keep all three (Clabo, Dahl, Blalock) so expected but am anxious at who is able to replace him. If they don't resign Blalock then I would be more worried because then that is only resigning 1 of 3.

'ItsOnlytheRiver said:
You guys worried about losing Dahl to the Rams? I'd be pretty excited if we got him.
The guy is a firecracker, love him or hate him- he may have been too much over the top for the new button down brass but he was a positive emotional force on the line.

Users who are viewing this thread