What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official 2016 Masters*** (1 Viewer)

CGRdrJoe

Footballguy
I'm in a $50 pool this year where you pick 5 golfers, only 2 can be inside of the top 10 of the official world golf ranking.

I really like the Aussies Day and Scott for my 2 top 10 picks.

After that I think I'll go Oosthuizen, Zach Johnson and Phil Mickelson. Although I may switch to Schwartzel or Snedeker over Louis.

Either way I can't wait until Thursday :excited:

I'm in a $50 pool this year where you pick 5 golfers, only 2 can be inside of the top 10 of the official world golf ranking.

After that I think I'll go Oosthuizen, Zach Johnson and Phil Mickelson. Although I may switch to Schwartzel or Snedeker over Louis.

Hideki Matsuyama for a pick outside of the top 10.  

Tomorrow afternoon with the Par-3 is lots of fun to watch too.

Did Spieth break a leg?

Watching Phil's news conference, and he's a funny guy. Someone asked him about why he likes this tournament, and why he likes being a 'green jacket.' He mentioned that he likes teasing some of the other players, particularly Dustin Johnson. He said that he was with Dustin this morning and he asked him "if he had any plans this evening" which resulted in a chuckle of laughter from the news crew.

For those that don't know, Tuesday nite is the Champion's Dinner, where last year's winner sets up a meal for all of the previous champions who can attend.

He also was asked if he was going to miss having Tiger at the Masters this year; he responded "well it's not like we share a house together" and then went on to do a proper response.

Watching Phil's news conference, and he's a funny guy. Someone asked him about why he likes this tournament, and why he likes being a 'green jacket.' He mentioned that he likes teasing some of the other players, particularly Dustin Johnson. He said that he was with Dustin this morning and he asked him "if he had any plans this evening" which resulted in a chuckle of laughter from the news crew.

For those that don't know, Tuesday nite is the Champion's Dinner, where last year's winner sets up a meal for all of the previous champions who can attend.

He also was asked if he was going to miss having Tiger at the Masters this year; he responded "well it's not like we share a house together" and then went on to do a proper response.
Interesting article today about the Champions Dinner / Masters Club. 

gump said:
Did Fowler and Thomas go back-to-back with hole-in-ones today?!?!
They were playing with Spieth. They went 1 & 2 with aces, and turned to him like "Ok champ, top that!" He walked away with a birdie and lost the hole!

My favorite was Bubba's lack of reaction to Webb Simpson's ace on 9. Must have been some kind of side bet there!!

My weather app shows a wind advisory in Augusta with bigger gusts in the afternoon, up to 45 MPH.  I wonder how that will impact play.  I adjusted my fantasy golf lineup to play guys with earlier tee times.

My picks (using yahoo's default settings):

A group:

Spieth/Bubba

B group:

Stenson/Snedeker

Rose/Walker

C group:

Casey/Schwartzel

Herman is -2 through 2, so awesome that the last guy in comes out and birdies his first 2! i hope he makes the cut and gets to experience the weekend roars out there.

DeChambeu is interesting to me with his same length clubs. I honestly could see that becoming popular among hackers like me. You'll sacrifice distance but with all having similar lengths, I think it would help the muscle memory for a pure swing. 

Spieth by all accounts is a really nice guy and he was so clutch last year but something about him turns me off, I never root for him and often find myself actively rooting against him.

Spieth by all accounts is a really nice guy and he was so clutch last year but something about him turns me off, I never root for him and often find myself actively rooting against him.
I don't root against him, but I don't pull for him necessarily either. He seems relatively humble, but he's down the list of guys I'm hoping for. 

I only really don't like Patrick Reed and Dustin Johnson.  

yeah, watching the live stream at masters.com and it looks nice out. Lots of backing off now by the players waiting for the gusts to die.
This course is at his toughest in windy, sunny conditions...here they come.

My futures picks were OOOOstheuisen, Schwartzel and Snedeker. :tinfoilhat:

DeChambeu is interesting to me with his same length clubs. I honestly could see that becoming popular among hackers like me. You'll sacrifice distance but with all having similar lengths, I think it would help the muscle memory for a pure swing. 
love this guy. that swing is great.

i think he's playing Edel equipment too...nice to see a boutique club-maker get some run with the big boys.

Users who are viewing this thread