What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** Official 2022 PGA Tour Thread - Memorial Tournament, LIV list leaked- It's all Paulina's Fault **** (1 Viewer)

Certainly not a surprise to see Garcia, Poulter or Westwood. Certainly makes sense for guys like Scwartzel and Kaymer.

Kinda love that CHASE Koepka is willing to cash in on his brother's name to latch on. Definitely wont miss Kevin Na's slow playing ### either.

RBC already cutting ties with DJ 

@BobWeeksTSN: Two RBC ambassadors -- Dustin Johnson and Graeme McDowell -- heading for the LIV Golf Series instead of the @RBCCanadian

i love all the hate, you guys against it are fn db’s. why is the pga so great? do all the brands not use sweat shops? where is your line drawn?

I don't get it. As a regular watcher of the dp world tour, I like that field a lot. Looking forward to it. 
yeah, it’s a weird hate to me. maybe like people that only watch their soccer teams league and not the champions league or world cup? the pga tour itself was spawned by people leaving, nothing wrong with this addition.

i love all the hate, you guys against it are fn db’s. why is the pga so great? do all the brands not use sweat shops? where is your line drawn?
I don't understand this line of question. What do sweatshops have to do with anything? Are these guys in the new league wearing new brands or something?

What's so great about the NFL, MLB ,nhl, NBA?

This would be like the NFL having another league during the season :shrug:

What line are you referring too

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't get it. As a regular watcher of the dp world tour, I like that field a lot. Looking forward to it. 
So do I. But the European tour is obviously not on par with the PGA 

Ftr this new league has the potential to be damaging to the European tour

I don't understand this line of question. What do sweatshops have to do with anything? Are these guys in the new league wearing new brands or something?

What's so great about the NFL, MLB ,nhl, NBA?

This would be like the NFL having another league during the season :shrug:

What line are you referring too
so the saudi issue for most people is that they murder reporters and are against women. the players are taking blood money.

the players wear gear made in 3rd world countries, let’s be honest these guys aren’t getting new shirts, pants, hats and shoes for each round if there is minimum wage involved. i have a direct line to the pga and they only wear a hat once, it still disgusts me to this day. 

the issue from the pga isn’t the competing league, euro league already runs at the same time, the real issue is the money being offered will take their headline players away

My objections have nothing to do with Saudi.

My objections are how this is going to ruin professional golf

So do I. But the European tour is obviously not on par with the PGA 

Ftr this new league has the potential to be damaging to the European tour
Golf is one sport it doesn't matter to me much. I would watch Korn ferry and challenge tour events. Visually it is mostly the same in my eyes. Those lesser tours tend to play easier courses that I can't pick up on the nuance of via the TV. So it still looks like incredible shot after incredible shot. 

One of my favorite things about the dp tour is all the different courses all over the world. 

I just watched the dutch open and loved it. Only the second year playing that course, but I couldn't believe how well I remembered that course. 

That playoff was amazing. 

I say bring on more golf. 

My objections have nothing to do with Saudi.

My objections are how this is going to ruin professional golf
when jack and arnie did their thing did it ruin anything? I’ll admit I am on the other side of the fence because my son’s friend’s dad is helping run the LIV

the issue from the pga isn’t the competing league, euro league already runs at the same time, the real issue is the money being offered will take their headline players away

The issue is that LIV wants to do away with two core principles of the PGA Tour- Pay to Play and charity based tournaments that involve the community.

Why? Because these players want to get PAID.  These poor millionaires who live a lifestyle I'll never know need more money. 

DJ just burnt a sponsorship bridge with RBC. But hey, it's a drop in the bucket.

when jack and arnie did their thing did it ruin anything? I’ll admit I am on the other side of the fence because my son’s friend’s dad is helping run the LIV
What do you mean When Jack did his thing? He joined  the PGA tour in 1961.

The issue is that LIV wants to do away with two core principles of the PGA Tour- Pay to Play and charity based tournaments that involve the community.

Why? Because these players want to get PAID.  These poor millionaires who live a lifestyle I'll never know need more money. 

DJ just burnt a sponsorship bridge with RBC. But hey, it's a drop in the bucket.
the pga and their charity’s are so overrated, the pga does this #### to get their write offs and their charity’s are based on companies that give back to them. 

threse poor players want to get paid? the pga drums up their own money based on the players, fyi the players that don’t make the weekend don’t get paid. 

so because people live a lifestyle you’ll never know it’s an issue. maybe don’t post here since @chetposts here and he lives a lifestyle you’ll never know. don’t watch movies or television  because those actors know lifestyles you’ll never know.

so because people live a lifestyle you’ll never know it’s an issue. maybe don’t post here since @chetposts here and he lives a lifestyle you’ll never know. don’t watch movies or television  because those actors know lifestyles you’ll never know.

so first I'm a dbag and now I shouldn't post here.

keep being excellent.

so the pga of america has been around since 1916, the pga tour since 1975. the majors follow the 1916 rules in which club pros are a part of. the tour is for those golfers who are better than your clubhouse pro’s and deserve more money. it’s all bull####

there was an ill fated coup attempt that would have been disastrous 
I know the history. And it all started because club pro leadership of the pga were icing out traveling pros.  And in the end they ousted the guy running it and Arnie brokered the peace deal that established the "new PGA ". It also why all the tournament won before still count as PGA wins

soccer has how many leagues and international teams? i don’t think there is an issue with talent or drop off in that sport 

It doesn't matter...DJ is lawyered up and he's winning.  He's going to play Saudi events and get paid (AND win) and still be able to finish 45th in the Majors and 22nd on PGA events of his choosing.

Lifetime ban would apply to all 6 Tours run by the PGA Tour:

PGA Tour
PGA Champions Tour      
Korn Ferry Tour
PGA Tour Latinoamérica
PGA Tour Canada
PGA Tour China

The four developmental tours are inconsequential to most of the LIV players. Champions Tour is a cash cow, though.

1968 was a different crisis but probably similar in magnitude. Only a handful of players were in favor of the split between the PGA of America and the Tournament Players Division (which became the PGA Tour in 1975.) There was a lot of new money flowing in because of television contracts.

The PGA of America wanted to put the money into a general fund. The players wanted to pump up the prize money purses. With Arnie and Jack on board, it’s hard to imagine any other outcome. But back then everyone was thinking in transactional, zero sum terms. If one grew then surely the pie would be smaller for the other. Today both organizations are far stronger because of the split.

IDK, seems like an untenable position for the PGA Tour. Not sure how this will end though.

Not surprised at DJ…just another distraction from getting better. Also Norman-esque.

They paid DJ reportedly 125 Million to join this league. Who is going to fault him for taking that?

He's already has a great golf resume on the PGA tour, hall of fame worthy if they even have such a thing. He can go play this thing for double what he's earned on the tour in his whole career. 

Yeah sign me.

headline in the NY Post today says “RBC hints at dropping DJ”

“RBC is a proud partner of the PGA Tour. Our partnership is anchored with two world-class golf tournaments—the RBC Heritage and the RBC Canadian Open,” the statement read. “The PGA Tour has been clear about its intentions in accordance with its tournament regulations should a golfer choose to play in a tournament outside the tour, including the LIV Golf Invitational Series.

“We were recently made aware that Dustin Johnson made the decision to play the LIV Golf Invitational Series opener. DJ has been a valued RBC team member since 2018. While we are extremely disappointed in his decision, we wish him well.”

probably more accurate to say sponsor stops short of booting DJ

just posturing - feel like the PGA is going to end up caving in the end 

people are always clutching their pearls over the Saudi blood money polluting sport, then they (Formula 1, Premier League, et al) then in the end do absolutely nothing

“RBC is a proud partner of the PGA Tour. Our partnership is anchored with two world-class golf tournaments—the RBC Heritage and the RBC Canadian Open,” the statement read. “The PGA Tour has been clear about its intentions in accordance with its tournament regulations should a golfer choose to play in a tournament outside the tour, including the LIV Golf Invitational Series.

“We were recently made aware that Dustin Johnson made the decision to play the LIV Golf Invitational Series opener. DJ has been a valued RBC team member since 2018. While we are extremely disappointed in his decision, we wish him well.”

people are always clutching their pearls over the Saudi blood money polluting sport, then they (Formula 1, Premier League, et al) then in the end do absolutely nothing
I mean I wouldn't be surprised. If you are sponsoring a golfer and you sponsor 2 tournaments you'd expect your guys to at least play in those 2.  So ultimately for that reason alone I think they drop him

The PGA Tour issued a brief statement lacking much specificity Wednesday about the decision by these golfers to tee it up at the Centurion Club and presumably participate in the LIV Golf league going forward. Commissioner Jay Monahan has been resolute about his league's maintenance as the top tour in the world and is excited about its future.

"As communicated to our membership on May 10, PGA Tour members have not been authorized to participate in the Saudi Golf League's London event, under PGA Tour regulations," the statement read. "Members who violate the tournament regulations are subject to disciplinary action."

It's unclear what this disciplinary action might be, but it is presumed that a suspension or possible ban would be applied to anyone who chooses to go through with playing in the London event. Committed players will need to be all-in regardless of what the PGA Tour decides because their sponsors will be dropping them for joining a league backed by the Saudi Arabian government.

“As a result of the decisions made by professional golfers Dustin Johnson and Graeme McDowell to play the LIV Golf Invitational Series opener, RBC is terminating its sponsorship agreement with both players. We wish them well in their future endeavours," the statement said, according to ESPN.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/rbc-extremely-disappointed-ambassador-dustin-211340726.html

and Gooch

@RexHoggardGC: The 42 players in the 48-man LIV Golf event next week. https://twitter.com/RexHoggardGC/status/1531800698110746624/photo/1
Pretty good point in the comments that they’re playing the long game. If they’ve got the money to back this thing for a year+ and some of these PGA grinders start cashing $1M checks consistently things could change drastically. 

As is that’s a list of has beens and nobodies. 

From the player’s perspective it’s hard to blame them with that much money on the line. Golf is about competition and the majors will always be the measuring stick anyway. 

Pretty good point in the comments that they’re playing the long game. If they’ve got the money to back this thing for a year+ and some of these PGA grinders start cashing $1M checks consistently things could change drastically. 

As is that’s a list of has beens and nobodies. 
Yea…no one is watching this over an event w 7 of the Top 10 in the world playing. 

Users who are viewing this thread