What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official 2022 Pro Cycling Thread*** - Let's Remco the Vuelta (2 Viewers)

Sand

Footballguy
Carrying over from the TdF thread from last year, this will be the watering hole for all things 2022.

Wednesday - Fleche Wallone The Mur de Huy - I can't wait!

Sunday - Liege-Bastogne-Liege

May 6 - Giro d'Italia!

July 1 - Tour de France The guys talking during Paris Roubaix noted that the tour would be carried on USA network this year, so no need to get Peacock. :thumbup:

Last edited:
Fleche Wallone - another out of left field winner.  Valverde was incredible, though - 42 and killing it still.

On to Liege-Bastogne-Liege!

In other news it does like like the TdF will be on regular TV - USA network.

Last edited by a moderator:
FBG Giro Fantasy League Details:

League Owner: Jaysus
Link: https://www.velogames.com/italy/2022/
League Name: FBG FFA Italy
League Code: 860594713 

Direct Link: https://www.velogames.com/italy/2022/leaguescores.php?league=860594713

if you are on reddit, you should join the r/Peloton league too. 
Love, love the hockey stick track of day 1.  Flat for 130 miles, then BOOM.  I think they custom made this for Valverde's last rodeo.  He finished second up the Mur de Huy, so he's gotta be a favorite to start in the Maglia Rosa. 

Looks like only 2 Americans in the race - Lawson Craddock and Joe Dombrowski.  Joe had a spectacular win last year before he was crashed out and I hope he is on the same form.  He could be right up there with Kuss for our best cyclist if he's on form.

Love, love the hockey stick track of day 1.  Flat for 130 miles, then BOOM.  I think they custom made this for Valverde's last rodeo.  He finished second up the Mur de Huy, so he's gotta be a favorite to start in the Maglia Rosa. 
I am thinking that the entire reason MvdP is in the race is to win stage 1 and defend the pink for a few days before dropping out again ;)

I am thinking that the entire reason MvdP is in the race is to win stage 1 and defend the pink for a few days before dropping out again ;)
:bowtie:

P.S. I was REALLY hoping Calen Ewan could pull it out and then.... oops. 

:bowtie:

P.S. I was REALLY hoping Calen Ewan could pull it out and then.... oops. 
The guy has some short term power, doesn't he?   He is going to crush some sprints in this race.  I think he gets 3 minimum.  Unless he crashes out, which is a coin flip.

Sorry, I blitzed on getting in on the team picking thing.  

After watching today's stage - how do you keep this guy out of the TdF?  Seriously, that was dominant.

There is no way on earth that him and Jakobson can work together. 
Cav just wins races.  They should consider dropping Jakobsen, though they'll likely have to make that decision inside the next week.  The Giro crushes legs and I don't see Cav being able to complete both in good form.

What a nutball event. 

Biniam Girmay and Van Der Poel have a classic back and forth going on the main sprint, with Girmay taking a great stage.  And then has to go to the hospital because a champagne cork hit him and caused bleeding in his eye.  It looks likely his Giro stops here.  Reminds me of last year when Dombrowski got his win and was taken out almost immediately the next day.

What a nutball event. 

Biniam Girmay and Van Der Poel have a classic back and forth going on the main sprint, with Girmay taking a great stage.  And then has to go to the hospital because a champagne cork hit him and caused bleeding in his eye.  It looks likely his Giro stops here.  Reminds me of last year when Dombrowski got his win and was taken out almost immediately the next day.
Video of the pop here:  link

ETA: jump to 4:30 and note the missing cork in the bottles today ;)  

Banned maybe?
Business travel. (The first thing you think is I got booted? Man I need to cultivate a better reputation in here.)

Title updated.  I'll get my entry in this weekend. Very excited about the Tour. Except the bonehead who left Cav out.  If Jakobsen doesn't win 4 stages I hope he gets unceremoniously fired.

Edit:. Starts Friday, so looks like I'll do this at the airport tonight.

Velogames TDF fantasy league info:

League Name: Tour de FBG

League Code: 450066011

Let's go!
@DA RAIDERS @-jb- @grateful zed @BassNBrew @tri-man 47 @culdeus @Sand @Sammy3469 @Steve Tasker @Dinsy Ejotuz @orcinus @ffldrew @Kafka @El Floppo 

@NewlyRetired @proninja @AAABatteries

Do you hippies still follow the tour?  It starts tomorrow. Froom, Roland, and a few others you have heard of are still in it ;)   

@DA RAIDERS @-jb- @grateful zed @BassNBrew @tri-man 47 @culdeus @Sand @Sammy3469 @Steve Tasker @Dinsy Ejotuz @orcinus @ffldrew @Kafka @El Floppo

@NewlyRetired @proninja @AAAABatteries

bummed to drop matej mohoric because of the doping investigation.  i like him a lot.  we'll see.
He is my second favorite Slovenian! 

ETA: I made sure to take only one rider per team in case this tour gets as covidy as the Tour de Suisse did. 

He is my second favorite Slovenian! 

ETA: I made sure to take only one rider per team in case this tour gets as covidy as the Tour de Suisse did. 
me too, except for jumbo visma.  the doping raid also made me worry for another crack down on all teams.  it's about time for wada to catch up to whatever ineos was taking 

Looks like I'm the only one without Van Aert.  Probably pretty stupid.
I took him and Pogacar.  The rest of my team is pretty bad.  Lol

I always take Pierre Rolland, Thibaut Pinot and Romain Bardet cause I like those guys.

The rest was trying to find guys that fit my remaining budget.

I stink at this.  I just play along cause I like watching the tour.

Looks like I'm the only one without Van Aert.  Probably pretty stupid.
Last year he was the first rider since 1979 to win a mountain stage, time trial and bunch sprint in the same Tour.

Still, Pogacar, Vingegaard, Roglic, Thomas & Martinez were the obvious pre-race GC bets.

ETA: I didn’t get in so what do I know 

Users who are viewing this thread