What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official - 2024 Major League Baseball Thread - Mahomes is Better At Baseball Than Jose Abreu*** (3 Viewers)

Holiday up......he probably is never going back down.

I gotta believe he is gonna get some real run here.

Wetsburg will be heading to the bench? Can't imagine Urias sits at 3B. Mateo and Kemp are versatile guys who can be plug and play in the OF in a pinch.

Will be fun to see him.

Last edited:

Wetsburg will be heading to the bench? Can't imagine Urias sits at 3B. Mateo and Kemp are versatile guys who can be plug and play in the OF in a pinch.

Will be fun to see him.
Kemp can be thrown in a trash can and forgotten, fyi.

Will be fun to see him.
Disagree.....looooong season. He is a veteran utility guy. And I root for stories like his. Grinder.

But they probably let him loose.

Will be fun to see him.
Yeah, I was a bit surprised when they signed him.

The Orioles need to start trading some of those guys for more pitching - their bullpen scares me. They've got at least half a MLB team in Norfolk that's blocked. Anyway, it's a nice problem to have - first time in a long time.

Will be fun to see him.
Disagree.....looooong season. He is a veteran utility guy. And I root for stories like his. Grinder.

But they probably let him loose.
........and they did. Kemp DFA'd

Will be fun to see him.
Yeah, I was a bit surprised when they signed him.
He will be picked up again. He is a useful Johnny on the spot starter.....not an everyday guy.

I have been following his career for a while (since he was an Astro). A great story.

Sounds like I should go to a Tides game!
I happened to be in Charlotte so I checked the Tide out Saturday. They won 13-1.

They're fun to watch, although between Holliday getting called up and not getting to play the White Sox AAA affiliate forever, they'll probably cool off a little bit soon.

Michael Busch has been a shrewd acquisition for the Cubs. Good work by the scouting department.

They found an undervalued asset: a guy who raked in the minors, but was not given consistent time in the majors, and was blocked all across the diamond.

Chris Taylor is batting .038
My mistake….0-1 today…. .037
I get his ability to play multiple positions and it's likely that his bat will come around, but it's time to jettison some of these old guys and bring up the future stars. See post a few up about Busch, who could be at 3rd rather than Muncy, and Andy Pages should be there instead of Taylor.

Managers are pretty loyal to their guys and I think Taylor is a clubhouse fixture that's been somebody Roberts can rely on. He's not going to just jettison him for a young guy because Taylor is in a slump to start the year.

Chris Taylor is batting .038
My mistake….0-1 today…. .037
I get his ability to play multiple positions and it's likely that his bat will come around, but it's time to jettison some of these old guys and bring up the future stars. See post a few up about Busch, who could be at 3rd rather than Muncy, and Andy Pages should be there instead of Taylor.

Managers are pretty loyal to their guys and I think Taylor is a clubhouse fixture that's been somebody Roberts can rely on. He's not going to just jettison him for a young guy because Taylor is in a slump to start the year.
He's been in a slump for over 2 years really. The problem though is a guaranteed contract through 2025.

Jeesh.....what has gotten into the Royals these days?

Garcia and Witt seem like a great combo so far

MJ Melendez has entered the Royals' chat....

MJ Melendez has entered the Royals' chat....
Seems like a great young core.
All of the above, and the Royals invested in starting pitching this offseason.

And got rid of a LOT of -WAR guys.

I will also say: the Royals current streak is 4 wins against the terrible White Sox team and 3 wins against an Astros team whose starting pitching has been decimated by injuries.

But our pitching did a great job against a pretty good Astros offense.

The Royals are at best a .500 team. Which would be GREAT progress from the last couple of years. But they are definitely building something.

You know......Brady Singer is 100:1 to win the Cy Young. Admittedly, it's a long shot (duh) but, he's a former 1st round pick, had a solid year in 2022 and I dunno, funny things happen in baseball. Might toss a few bucks on this.

You know......Brady Singer is 100:1 to win the Cy Young. Admittedly, it's a long shot (duh) but, he's a former 1st round pick, had a solid year in 2022 and I dunno, funny things happen in baseball. Might toss a few bucks on this.
***He had a solid second half

I owned him during the first half and he was ****.

Users who are viewing this thread