What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Official Antonio Gates Thread (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please keep all the posts to Gates and his status for today. Not who you should pick up for your team.

J
The game is at 4PM. Theres not gonna be much news until then
Then don't post anything. But do not turn this these into a WDIS thread. These threads are to be a clean uncluttered source for info on that specific player.J
Understand and appreciate the slant you want for these threads, but FWIW I, for one, find value in the corrollary discussion about what people see as viable options if "player x" can't go -- in terms of the alternatives' opportunity and in terms of aligning game times.
I can appreciate that Tom. But we need to keep these to just the player and uncluttered. A who to replace for Antonio? would be ok.J

Please keep all the posts to Gates and his status for today. Not who you should pick up for your team.

J
The game is at 4PM. Theres not gonna be much news until then
Then don't post anything. But do not turn this these into a WDIS thread. These threads are to be a clean uncluttered source for info on that specific player.J
Understand and appreciate the slant you want for these threads, but FWIW I, for one, find value in the corrollary discussion about what people see as viable options if "player x" can't go -- in terms of the alternatives' opportunity and in terms of aligning game times.
Guys...that's fine. There's an entire Shark Pool and Assistant Coach for that discussion. Have at it...the rules for these pinned threads are cut and dry.

just a quick thought:

this is a non-conference game (tiebreaking consideration) and Denver has already lost... combine that with Rivers' questionability and Gates' playing feels even more questionable towards doubtful

just a quick thought:this is a non-conference game (tiebreaking consideration) and Denver has already lost... combine that with Rivers' questionability and Gates' playing feels even more questionable towards doubtful
Agreed 100%. I've got gates in 2 critical semifinal matchups and it's killing me but this is going to be the LT show today IMHO. If gates sees ANY action it'll be late as needed (Which it won't be needed) like last week. Again purely IMHO

ok, just to make sure all info is out there - on the San Diego Unions newspaper forum- a guy posted that Gates was at an event at the local mall Sat, signing autographs, Gates said he was feeling better and definitly playing..

another poster confirmed Gates was at the event.

Maybe I'm just grasping at straws, but at least this is positive..

Linueps have to be in by 1 for us, so I'm almost have to start Gates and pray...

just a quick thought:this is a non-conference game (tiebreaking consideration) and Denver has already lost... combine that with Rivers' questionability and Gates' playing feels even more questionable towards doubtful
Even with Denver's loss, their division is NOT clinched yet, and they have to play Denver next week. I don't think they want to have to go into that game with so much on the line when they have a sittind duck like Detroit coming to their house today. They could easily wrap it up and not have to worry the next few weeks. I think if Gates and Rivers can play, they will. Then again it's Norv, so I don't know.

ok, just to make sure all info is out there - on the San Diego Unions newspaper forum- a guy posted that Gates was at an event at the local mall Sat, signing autographs, Gates said he was feeling better and definitly playing..another poster confirmed Gates was at the event.Maybe I'm just grasping at straws, but at least this is positive..Linueps have to be in by 1 for us, so I'm almost have to start Gates and pray...
Well based on this post I just started Gates over Kyle Brady...I sure hope you got good info... 3 minutes before lineups are set for good...

ok, just to make sure all info is out there - on the San Diego Unions newspaper forum- a guy posted that Gates was at an event at the local mall Sat, signing autographs, Gates said he was feeling better and definitly playing..another poster confirmed Gates was at the event.Maybe I'm just grasping at straws, but at least this is positive..Linueps have to be in by 1 for us, so I'm almost have to start Gates and pray...
Well based on this post I just started Gates over Kyle Brady...I sure hope you got good info... 3 minutes before lineups are set for good...
I too, think/hope people are overreacting to Clayton's opinion. The news has seemed relatively positive all week, Clayton makes one assumption, and everyone takes it as fact.

I don't know if its good info or not, but its posted on the forum. I'm in the same boat as you though.. just went with Gates!!His status could cost me $500-the winnings if I win my matchup today

Based on this I went ahead and started Gates. I'll be back later either to sing your praises or curse your name. :goodposting:

Per Rotoword....

Antonio Gates is active for the Chargers in Week 15.

Those who waited can safely start Gates against a Detroit defense that has allowed a number of big games to tight ends. Dec. 16 - 3:14 pm et

Last edited by a moderator:
nfl.com

San Diego Chargers

Inactives: QB Charlie Whitehurst (3rd QB), CB Paul Oliver, FB Lorenzo Neal, LB Anthony Waters, LB Shawne Merriman, T Roman Oben, WR Malcom Floyd, DT Luis Castillo.

Fantasy take: QB Philip Rivers is active and will start against Detroit. The Bolts are without Merriman and Castillo, but their defense is still a viable fantasy option.

nfl.com San Diego Chargers Inactives: QB Charlie Whitehurst (3rd QB), CB Paul Oliver, FB Lorenzo Neal, LB Anthony Waters, LB Shawne Merriman, T Roman Oben, WR Malcom Floyd, DT Luis Castillo.Fantasy take: QB Philip Rivers is active and will start against Detroit. The Bolts are without Merriman and Castillo, but their defense is still a viable fantasy option.
is he starting? will he play a full load???

Per Rotoword....Antonio Gates is active for the Chargers in Week 15.Those who waited can safely start Gates against a Detroit defense that has allowed a number of big games to tight ends. Dec. 16 - 3:14 pm et
Thanks! It better be safe, or I'm coming for you Rotoworld... :pickle:

Based on this I went ahead and started Gates. I'll be back later either to sing your praises or curse your name. :pickle:
Sing my praises!!!!! Active and starting!!

Chargers TE Antonio Gates is on the active list as well as QB Philip Rivers. Both will see time but we're still concerned how much they'll play as the Chargers are likely looking toward the future and resting some players. There was some question on Gates especially but he's on the active list for today along with Rivers. from fbg front page

According to reports out of San Diego this afternoon, the Chargers will have both Philip Rivers and Antonio Gates for today's game against the Lions. Both men are on the active roster and slated to start.

Rivers will be playing with a brace to protect the knee he sprained in last Sunday's win over Tennessee.

Gates has a sore back that also limited during last Sunday's game and kept him from practicing all week. It will be interesting to see what level of effort the star tight end can put forth.

On Tomlinson's TD run, Gates came running across the endzone, jumped in the air and gave LT a chest bump....

I had back surgery a few months ago and am dealing with a sore back so I can attest- either he's on some serious pain killers or isn't as limited as we feared. Now if Rivers would just throw...

On Tomlinson's TD run, Gates came running across the endzone, jumped in the air and gave LT a chest bump....I had back surgery a few months ago and am dealing with a sore back so I can attest- either he's on some serious pain killers or isn't as limited as we feared. Now if Rivers would just throw...
yeah i dont expect much more throwing in this game. det sucks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread