What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Baseball Forum Pinned Thread (1 Viewer)

I think a big positive from this new agreement is the balanced schedule. Everyone will play everyone. Less division games.

Fans want to see all the players.

Great change.

Because nothing puts butts in the seats like seeing Juan Soto lay down a nice bunt!!!!!
But if they are giving you that for free you might as well take it.  By doing so they will eventually have to get out of the shift and it opens up other areas for you to exploit.  That is what the game is about.  There is more to this game then K's and HR's.  It is actually quite boring when that happens.  

But if they are giving you that for free you might as well take it.  By doing so they will eventually have to get out of the shift and it opens up other areas for you to exploit.  That is what the game is about.  There is more to this game then K's and HR's.  It is actually quite boring when that happens.  
I agree there's more to the game than Ks and HRs. But the shift is partially responsible for creating this era. 

There's no question they'll be placing restrictions on it starting next year, so we'll see what kind of impact it makes.

My guess is they'll take it slow with incremental changes to see how effective they are. 

I agree there's more to the game than Ks and HRs. But the shift is partially responsible for creating this era. 

There's no question they'll be placing restrictions on it starting next year, so we'll see what kind of impact it makes.

My guess is they'll take it slow with incremental changes to see how effective they are. 
The shift did not cause players to go dead pull and try and jack HR's all the time.  The shift happened because players are trying to pull everything and jack HR's.

Defensive adjustments happen based on how hitters approach hitting.  Analytics showed you have a higher probability of getting a dead pull hitter out by putting more players where they hit the ball.  That is what baseball is all about.  Adjusting to your opponent.  This is diminished now and will not make the sport "better"  it will likely give more reward to trying to HR's because a few more hits will fall in so hitting will continue to devolve into an over the line game lessening strategy even more.

Twins doin stuff
But what, though?

The trade with Texas made sense with solidifying an up the middle defense with an elite player in exchange for an offensively talented but oft injured player.

The trade with the Yankees weakens that immensely, not to mention Sanchez at the plate these past couple of seasons makes Don Slaught look like Yogi.

They get out from under Donaldson's contract, but if they use that money on Trevor Story, that will be ungood.

But what, though?

The trade with Texas made sense with solidifying an up the middle defense with an elite player in exchange for an offensively talented but oft injured player.

The trade with the Yankees weakens that immensely, not to mention Sanchez at the plate these past couple of seasons makes Don Slaught look like Yogi.

They get out from under Donaldson's contract, but if they use that money on Trevor Story, that will be ungood.
It will?

Can’t say I know enough about the Reds roster and payroll, but Reds fans are crucifying management on twitter right now. 

No sense hanging onto Luis Castillo and Tyler Mahle at this point. If you're going to cosplay as the Pittsburgh Pirates, you might as well get the whole outfit. 
At this point I almost wish they'd see if Votto would approva a trade to Toronto.  No idea what they'd get in return, but he'd be a hero there and he deserves a better shot than Reds ownership appears interested in giving him.

lol at Griffey Jr being the highest paid Reds this year
SIXTH highest, thank you very much. (Unless I missed 5 more fire-sale trades, which is possible)

ETA - Amir Garrett's gone, so I suppose Junior is up to 5th

:lmao: :cry:

Last edited by a moderator:
Mets hosting a fanfest type of event on Friday in Port St. Lucie. Intra-squad game, free admission, 1 free beer or soda for everyone. Tickets still needed to be “purchased” to avoid capacity issues, but 4 tickets secured. Looking forward to some spring baseball after all of the lockout BS.

Didn't wake up thinking I was going to deep dive on Don Slaught this morning, but here I am. Only three seasons and less than 300 games with our Rangers. Felt like a decade.

deGrom starting today (plan is for 3 innings), with Scherzer coming in “relief”. I know I’m biased, but imagine knocking out the 2 time Cy Young starter only to get the 3 time Cy Young reliever.

MLB gonnna allow the use of PitchCom during the season. Speeds up the game and eliminates the sign stealing nonsense. Seems like a win-win to me.

MLB gonnna allow the use of PitchCom during the season. Speeds up the game and eliminates the sign stealing nonsense. Seems like a win-win to me.
I am not sure how much it will speed things up as you are still having to input the pitch into the system and read the system in some manner.  Plus if the pitcher doesn't want to throw the pitch called you still have to go through the shake off and resend of the new pitch call.  

I am not sure how much it will speed things up as you are still having to input the pitch into the system and read the system in some manner.  Plus if the pitcher doesn't want to throw the pitch called you still have to go through the shake off and resend of the new pitch call.  

Everything should go faster. They currently worry about the base coaches trying to steal signs on every pitch. It gets 10X worse when a runner is on 1st and 100X worse when a runner is on 2nd. All of that nonsense will be eliminated. 

Everything should go faster. They currently worry about the base coaches trying to steal signs on every pitch. It gets 10X worse when a runner is on 1st and 100X worse when a runner is on 2nd. All of that nonsense will be eliminated. 
There is very little worry of base coaches stealing signs from the catcher to the pitcher.  It is impossible to see the signs if the catcher is doing their job (which MLB players do).  Same with runner's on first.  A runner on second or cameras in the outfield are a different story (although cameras are not supposed to be allowed).

is it time to change how starters qualify for a win?  i mean, no one pitches 5 innings anymore.  change it to 3 innings for starters or 4 innings.  i am starting to not recognize this game anymore……

is it time to change how starters qualify for a win?  i mean, no one pitches 5 innings anymore.  change it to 3 innings for starters or 4 innings.  i am starting to not recognize this game anymore……
I think this is more of a function of a short spring training at the moment.  Most starters go 6 IP once they have built up for the season. 

I think this is more of a function of a short spring training at the moment.  Most starters go 6 IP once they have built up for the season. 
i don’t know, but i hope so.  i think with universal DH, smaller pens and more arms being carried, we see more and more BP games.

HFS what is happening with these SFG outfits? Plus the Giants have a big booty chick ad the first base coach, which made all of this that more confusing. God Bless you and yours, DD out

Catchers doing the one-legged crouch is not good schtick. Whatever advantage it gives with framing is balanced out by all the passed balls, and the hopeless chance of throwing out a base stealer. 

Catchers doing the one-legged crouch is not good schtick. Whatever advantage it gives with framing is balanced out by all the passed balls, and the hopeless chance of throwing out a base stealer. 

From all the games I have been watching the catchers have had no chance at throwing out base stealers due to almost every pitcher being terrible at holding runners on while also taking 3 and half days to get the ball to the plate on their delivery.  

Users who are viewing this thread